X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Thanks for the link!
    I've got another link.

This one's for the S/J shipper store. But take a good look at the baby gifts that have been created for Amanda. I know she doesn't want ppl to send her gifts (but to send donations for the sumn... tidal wave disaster relief fund from Unicef), but maybe Amanda herself would want one of these gifts? Anyhoo, I'm going to post the link.

http://www.cafepress.com/customship

Click for 'baby'.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for coming in late with my choices for s4
      anyway here they are and can i add how hard it was to chose as there's so many good "Sam" stories
      "CHAIN REACTION" I thought this was good at showing Sam carring out orders that she really did not think was the right thing to do, she kept up her profesional side very well even though you could see in her face what she thought of those orders!

"2010" Nice little look into a very scary future, what i liked with this is just seeing that Sam wanted a normal life of husband and child as well as her science side.
      The scene in Janet's office after being told she could never have children was so very heartbreaking to watch and really moved me to tears that for the first time in my life i found myself writing to Amanda.

"ENTITY" This one is my favourite of s4, Amanda
      showed us science Sam who wanted to find out about these "people" and then when the Entity went into Sam that really was awsome to watch how cold,hard and detched Amanda made Sam/Entity seem.
      I liked how towards the end when the Entity was
      pushed into a corner how Amanda came across as having the entity struggle with it's self to let Sam go.
      Fantastic episode and once again a really great
      job done by Amanda without her for the most part saying any lines, Amanda does evil looks really well!
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I've got another link.

This one's for the S/J shipper store. But take a good look at the baby gifts that have been created for Amanda. I know she doesn't want ppl to send her gifts (but to send donations for the sumn... tidal wave disaster relief fund from Unicef), but maybe Amanda herself would want one of these gifts? Anyhoo, I'm going to post the link.

http://www.cafepress.com/customship

Click for 'baby'.

Sally

Awwww they are really cute, hope she gets one of them for baby
        ......TARA......

Comment

OH NO!!!

Comment

Season 4 Best Carter Episodes
            2010 had some great Sam/Janet moments as well as Sam sacrificing herself for a greater good
            Originally posted by tara3583
            "2010" Nice little look into a very scary future, what i liked with this is just seeing that Sam wanted a normal life of husband and child as well as her science side.
            Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Since we're doing some of our favorite moments/scenes, let me add three more of mine from 2010:When Sam goes to Jack's cabin to ask him to help them in their plan to return to the past. AT and RDA did a great job in that scene - his being so snarly and angry at her (for not believing his original warning about the Aschen and for marrying Joe) and how she finally realizes he won't help, and she leaves in a huff. I read somewhere that AT wanted to end the scene by Sam walking out on Jack and not the other way around as it had originally been written. And, then, the bedroom scene with Joe when he confesses that he was aware of the Aschen's plans ... that was powerful ... both actors played that scene very well. Of course, the funny scene at the SGC "and we're walking" - her and Daniel's looks were so right on as they followed the tour guide into the Gate (er, "embarkation") room.
            Originally posted by astrogeologist
            .Have been thinking about my season 4 choices for Best Carter episodes, and I was going through the episode 2010... and found myself enjoying it so much... here's an episode that includes a look at the private life (and softer side) of Sam Carter, and yet keeps her in the thick of things with regards to the main scifi plotline of the story. Sam gets to make the 'final heroic act' as she dies throwing the note through the 'Gate. In many episodes, such final scenes would go to O'Neill. In this episode, he doesn't quite make it - and Sam gets to finish the job.

There were actually so many well-written and well-filmed scenes
            Sam and Joe - when they discuss their inability to conceive and then the Aschen plot and Joe's knowledge... and then his help with what they are planning
            Sam and Janet - when they discuss their 'obselescence' by Aschen science, and then later when Janet tells Sam that her ovaries are damaged and that she'll never be able to have a child
            Sam and Daniel - in the "Embarkation Room"... those glasses and Daniel's hat... 'and now we're walking'... 'not her favorite team'...! LOL!
            Sam and Jack - where Jack was written as his cranky, sarcastic self... and yet, they allowed some of his heart to show through
            The ending scene - where they are all involved - it's a team effort to pull it off
            For Season 4's episode 2010

Sam and Joe meet for lunch. Sam tells him that she's not pregnant -again.

Sam and Janet after the award ceremony. Janet encourages Sam to come to Janet's office in Washington so that Janet can check into why Sam and Joe are having difficulty having a child.
            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            2010 : I loved this episode. I know it's a really tragic one but I truly thought AT did a fantasic job in this episode. The scenes between Sam and Janet were wonderfully done and I honestly felt Sam's pain and betrayal when she found she couldn't have any children.

Janet has to tell Sam that Sam can't have children - ever.
            Originally posted by tara3583
            The scene in Janet's office after being told she could never have children was so very heartbreaking to watch and really moved me to tears that for the first time in my life i found myself writing to Amanda.

Sam and Janet check the Aschen database for information on why the Aschen lied and told Sam that she was OK and that she and Joe just had to 'keep trying'.

Sam visits Jack to enlist his assistance. He basically says 'I told you so, and now you're going to have to live with the consequences.' And... they did a great job of making O'Neill look scruffy!

Daniel and Sam join an SGC tour group - gotta love those glasses, and Daniel's hat! I loved the little kid, who correctly identified the level they were on as the one where the Gateroom was... but the tour guide says 'No... it was more correctly called the "Embarkation Room"' (complete with finger quotes) - the kid's expression is great - and so are the expressions on AT and MS's faces!

GUIDE: All righty everyone, everyone please step all the way out, we've arrived at level 28. Can anyone guess at what special room is on this floor?
            KID: The Gate room?
            GUIDE: That's very, very close... Anyone else?
            DANIEL: He's right. It's the Gate room
            GUIDE: What I'm sure many of you don't know is that officially it was known as the (making quotes) "embarkation " room because, that's where the SG teams (making quotes) "embarked" from. Okay, now we're walking... This way.
            Click here for NC's audio clip

And then it gets better, when the group is lead to a large display photo of SG-1... and the tour guide says that SG-1 wasn't *her* favorite SG team! Again, AT and MS had great expressions! "And we're walking..."

The Guide stops at a photo of SG-1.
            GUIDE: And these people comprise the famous SG-1, arguably the most important -- although not my personal favourite team of the entire command.
            Daniel and Carter exchange a look...
            GUIDE: And we're walking...
            Click here for NC's audio clip

Sam talks with Joe - and finds out that he knew about some of what the Aschen were doing. Joe realizes that he was duped.

Predicting solar flares. Smart techo-Sam.
            Daniel has a great line: Um... the sun is beeping...

Teal'c dials the 'gate and Jack and Daniel try to get the note through.

Sam runs through the Aschen electrical bolts, despite Joe's shouts for her to stop.
            Originally posted by Skydiver
            2010 sam, saving the world one more time...and paying the ultimate price to stop the aschen

Sam gets the note through as she dies and joins the rest of SG-1.
            Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            And after reading that quote, what I loved was that RDA allowed the scene to be done following AT's suggestions.
            Originally posted by jckfan55
            This was great. One thing I would add. I heard in an interview that Anderson is unlike other "stars" in that he doesn't insist that all the heroic scenes go to him. Yay, RDA.
            Originally posted by Skydiver
            yeha, he's a very supportive lead actor from all i've heard
            RDA already had already gotten to say "I told you so, and *I* like things the way they are - even if you can't have kids and humankind is going to die out! Go get your husband to help you!" (he basically told her to stick it). I'm glad that RDA allowed AT to end the scene showing Sam with some backbone - she and the others had made a mistake... a big one... but Sam is usually willing to admit that she doesn't know everything and she can admit her mistakes. Hey - here was another case where they showed Sam 'making a mistake' because she trusted someone... sound like any Season 8 episode? Hmmm...
            Photos are screen caps from the episode '2010'
            Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Last edited by astrogeologist; 14 April 2005, 10:09 AM.

Comment

For Season 4's Upgrades

Pool Shark Sam

Comment

Keeping the fire burning...

Comment

TO CELEBRATE MY NEXT GREEN GLOWY! EEEEEEH!!!!!!!!

KICK A$$ SAM FOREVER
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Thanks for the link!
                    Be careful, AD ... this author seems to leave everyone hanging at the end of one very long (but good) story. If you don't mind eternal suspense ... then go for it!

Sally - I did enjoy the story, but was disappointed at the "conclusion".

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      TO CELEBRATE MY NEXT GREEN GLOWY! EEEEEEH!!!

KICK A$$ SAM FOREVER
                      Congratulations on another glowy - you are one radioactive chick!!

I love the one from The Curse - is that an orange T-shirt I see on Amanda?!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 21 February 2005, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Hehe, I've got that one from 'Curse' in my sig

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        What episode is this from? And why is she holding an unloaded P-90 like that?!!?!

Be careful, AD ... this author seems to leave everyone hanging at the end of one very long (but good) story. If you don't mind eternal suspense ... then go for it!
                        Haha, thanks for the warning

Comment

Congratulations on another glowy - you are one radioactive chick!!

I love the one from The Tomb - is that an orange T-shirt I see on Amanda?!
                          Heeeh, Radioactive...And PROOOUD of it! (I'm a very happy camper right now)

YAY FOR ORANGE!!! it's my favourite colour ever, right now i'm wearing a ridiculously bright Orange jacket...it's beautiful!

(lol, any of you guys Brits? I'm sure you like that pic! )

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Great pics of Action Sam!

Please post more when you get a chance!

Comment

From Season 4's Upgrades...

DANIEL: You have to admit, it's a little scary. I mean I feel like I could --- do anything!
                              SAM: All I know is I'm gonna starve to death. I don't know about you guys, but I am having so SERIOUS protein cravings.
                              JACK: Steak.
                              DANIEL: I could go for that!
                              JACK: Big, red, juicy meat.
                              SAM: O'Malley's in town.
                              JACK: Let's go!
                              Scene goes to the hall. You hear a whooshing sound, and see the trio moving at lightning speed. They pass by 2 airmen, making a wind. Then appear at the elevator. On the 25th floor BTW!
                              JACK: Let's eat!
                              O'Malley's Bar & Grill looks like a pretty fancy place.
                              JACK: How high do you think that fence was?
                              DANIEL: 20? 25 feet?
                              SAM: MMN - I'd say about 30.
                              WAITRESS: What can I get ya?
                              JACK: Um --- 3 of the biggest steaks you've got with everything, rare, baked potato.
                              WAITRESS: (Smiles) You got it! (Starts to leave)
                              JACK: Uh --- excuse me! THAT was for me. (She smiles)
                              DANIEL: Yeah, I'm gonna have 3 as well.
                              JACK: 4?
                              DANIEL: 4, 4 is good, yeah!
                              SAM: Me, too. And French fries with mine. Oh, and a diet soda. (The men give her raised eyebrows) I like the taste better! So, has it occurred to anyone that we're defying a direct order?
                              DANIEL: (Jack and Danny look at each other) Well, it's not like we haven't defied orders before!
                              SAM: That was to save earth.
                              JACK: Earth, steaks? There's a difference?
                              DANIEL: We'll be back before anyone knows we're gone.
                              Transcript excerpt from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 21 February 2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                From Season 4's Upgrades...

DANIEL: You have to admit, it's a little scary. I mean I feel like I could --- do anything!
                                SAM: All I know is I'm gonna starve to death. I don't know about you guys, but I am having so SERIOUS protein cravings.
                                JACK: Steak.
                                DANIEL: I could go for that!
                                JACK: Big, red, juicy meat.
                                SAM: O'Malley's in town.
                                JACK: Let's go!
                                Scene goes to the hall. You hear a whooshing sound, and see the trio moving at lightning speed. They pass by 2 airmen, making a wind. Then appear at the elevator. On the 25th floor BTW!
                                JACK: Let's eat!
                                O'Malley's Bar & Grill looks like a pretty fancy place.
                                JACK: How high do you think that fence was?
                                DANIEL: 20? 25 feet?
                                SAM: MMN - I'd say about 30.
                                WAITRESS: What can I get ya?
                                JACK: Um --- 3 of the biggest steaks you've got with everything, rare, baked potato.
                                WAITRESS: (Smiles) You got it! (Starts to leave)
                                JACK: Uh --- excuse me! THAT was for me. (She smiles)
                                DANIEL: Yeah, I'm gonna have 3 as well.
                                JACK: 4?
                                DANIEL: 4, 4 is good, yeah!
                                SAM: Me, too. And French fries with mine. Oh, and a diet soda. (The men give her raised eyebrows) I like the taste better! So, has it occurred to anyone that we're defying a direct order?
                                DANIEL: (Jack and Danny look at each other) Well, it's not like we haven't defied orders before!
                                SAM: That was to save earth.
                                JACK: Earth, steaks? There's a difference?
                                DANIEL: We'll be back before anyone knows we're gone.

And I just ahd to add

Amanda won $200 US from that pool shot

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Working...
                                X