X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"200" Nominated for the Hugo Award!

Dramatic Presentation, Short Form
    Battlestar Galactica, “Downloaded.” Writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle. Directed by Jeff Woolnough. (NBC Universal/British Sky)
    Doctor Who, “Army of Ghosts” and “Doomsday.” Written by Russell T. Davies. Directed by Graeme Harper. (BBC Wales/BBC1)
    Doctor Who, “Girl in the Fireplace.” Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Euros Lyn. (BBC Wales/BBC1)
    Doctor Who, “School Reunion.” Written by Toby Whithouse. Directed by James Hawes. (BBC Wales/BBC1)
    Stargate SG-1, “200.” Written by Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Carl Binder, Martin Gero, and Alan McCullough. Directed by Martin Wood. (Double Secret Productions/NBC Universal)
    Congrats!

Heya!

There's already a thread for this

GW Member and past Hugo Award Winner Frostfox has also recieved a nomination for her Fan Art!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Woah.....where's the thread? My search turned up nothing.

Comment

Dunno...Frostfox started it, so look for her in active users and then look for all the threads she's started
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Congrats!
          "200" was nominated for drama??? Am I the only one shaking my head in disbelief? (probably, but sorry, the episode didn't do much for me)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            "200" was nominated for drama??? Am I the only one shaking my head in disbelief? (probably, but sorry, the episode didn't do much for me)
            I agree, prion, A drama, it's more of a comedy then a drama episode
            sigpic

Comment

But hey, they got the longest entrance!

(well, it happens when you have 7 writers for the same episode )

(Pitry, alas, is torn between 200 and Girl in the Fireplace...)
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

They chose 200 over any of the other SG1 eps? I think it was more of an honorary nod for the milestone as opposed to an acknowledgment of exceptional SF. Because...yeah...

Comment

I don't think it's for drama as much as is it's an episode of a dramatic series which they think is good.

They just happened to pick a funny one.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    You might be one of the few.

Apparently, you don't know much about the Hugos. "Best Dramatic Presentation" is the name of the category and always has been. There is no "comedy" category, ala the Emmy's. Before recently, there was only one category and TV shows competed with movies. Now, they split it into two based on length.

Galaxyquest won the Hugo for "Best Dramatic Presentation" a few years ago.

So, if you knew any Hugo history you wouldn't be shaking your head in disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                      I did not know that.....cool!

I hope Children of Men wins this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        They chose 200 over any of the other SG1 eps? I think it was more of an honorary nod for the milestone as opposed to an acknowledgment of exceptional SF. Because...yeah...
                        The Worldcon members, the fans, nominate the episodes, not a panel of judges or the show runners. Because of this, particularly if you are nominated in the fan catagories, it really is an honour to be nominated, as it is a nomination by your peers.

I did not know that.....cool!

I hope Children of Men wins this year.
                        The long form nominees are Children of Men, Pan's Labryinth, V for Vendetta, The Prestiege, Through a Scanner Darkly (though when announced they had it wrong and put Pirates II not Pan's Labrynth on the balot, they have had to announce the mistake and contact those who have voted on line so far, bit of a big oops) so there is stiff compititon this year.

FF
                        Last edited by Frostfox; 02 April 2007, 11:14 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                          The long form nominees are Children of Men, Pan's Labrynth, V for Vendetta, The Prestiege, Through a Scanner Darkly (though when announced they had it wrong and put Pirates II not Pan's Labrynth on the balot, they have had to announce the mistake and contact those who have voted on line so far, bit of a big oops) so there is stiff compititon this year.
                          Woah.....was kinda wondering about the lack of Pan's Labryinth on there, makes more sense, and that is definitely some stiff competition.

Comment

Woah.....was kinda wondering about the lack of Pan's Labryinth on there, makes more sense, and that is definitely some stiff competition.
                            Laughs. We were all wondering that! It's a pretty big mistake to make.
                            More information on the Hugos for those interested (MediaSavant and I might know all about them but I wouldn't expect everyone to) http://www.worldcon.org/hugos.html

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                              You might be one of the few.

Apparently, you don't know much about the Hugos. "Best Dramatic Presentation" is the name of the category and always has been. There is no "comedy" category, ala the Emmy's. Before recently, there was only one category and TV shows competed with movies. Now, they split it into two based on length.

So, if you knew any Hugo history you wouldn't be shaking your head in disbelief.
                              *sigh*

Count me in with the "few" other idiots who don't know much about the Hugos, and who would've been sufficiently confused by the same information.

*bows down to the highly superior Media Savant*

Please forgive my ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                              X