PDA

View Full Version : Sam and Daniel

noonie
September 13th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Hi Yall

Firstly I am a shipper I would like to see the Sam/Jack thing happen in what ever parrallel universe its going to happen but I would like to see if anything would happen to Sam and Daniel even if it was some weird alien thing where they are under the influence of .... something , or some Hathor drug ,I dont know.It wouldn't last of course and they would laugh about it afterwards because they know they dont feel that way but it would be good watching.

I know that might seem a bit soapy but well I cant help my self !

maybe season nine?........

Noonie

michelleb
September 14th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Hi Yall

Firstly I am a shipper I would like to see the Sam/Jack thing happen in what ever parrallel universe its going to happen but I would like to see if anything would happen to Sam and Daniel even if it was some weird alien thing where they are under the influence of .... something , or some Hathor dru

Noonie

you watched sacrifices, didn't you? personally, i see sam and daniel as very much brother and sister, so anything sexual going on between them would be a bit icky. i think that whole arm thing in sacrifices was more like two kids who've just realised the partys going to be bigger than they guessed, and dad (jack) is going to be pissed.

GateGipsy
September 14th, 2004, 02:29 AM
I've always seen Sam and Daniel as brother and sister too, right from the start. Of course, they're not, so there is no reason why they couldn't get together! I know quite a few people see ship there.

TameFarrar
September 14th, 2004, 02:45 AM
I too have always seen their relationship as a *brother & sister* type. The ribbing, the jokes and the way they seem to handle themselves has always come across to me as such.
Sacrifices spoiler

when Daniel and Sam were talking to Rya'c about the wedding and whether Jack knew it was to take place at the SGC I REALLY got that sense because it reminded me of how my sibling and I act at times

TheTroj
September 14th, 2004, 05:14 AM
If the writers were going to have a romance between two main characters i always felt Daniel and Sam would be the pick. saying that though it is probably for the best if they stay right away from it.

Slainey
September 14th, 2004, 05:49 AM
They'd make very smart babies wouldn't they. :)
She crossed him off her list when they first met because he was all about Sha're.
Think about when he came across Sam and that Tollen guy kissing.

Okay, so what's the military rules on fraternizing with contractors.

Should this come to pass it would so mess with people's world. giggle

keshou
September 14th, 2004, 06:35 AM
I think of Sam and Daniel as having a sibling-like relationship and haven't seen the romantic vibe on the show. They were adorable in Sacrifices but very brother/sister.

I *did* just read a fanfic that kind of made the Sam/Daniel thing work for me......so maybe if they ever do an AU episode again who knows?? :D

auralan
September 14th, 2004, 06:39 AM
you watched sacrifices, didn't you? personally, i see sam and daniel as very much brother and sister, so anything sexual going on between them would be a bit icky. i think that whole arm thing in sacrifices was more like two kids who've just realised the partys going to be bigger than they guessed, and dad (jack) is going to be pissed.

That's exactly it. I've always seen them as rather siblingesque. The closest of friends, but nothing really romantic going on there. Daniel always seems to go for the more feminine types. Sam doesn't really seem to go for other scientists, either. I just can't see it working on a romantic level.

Skydiver
September 14th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Okay, so what's the military rules on fraternizing with contractors.

same as it is between two officers.

frat regs apply to military and civilian personnel alike

Erin
September 14th, 2004, 08:13 AM
I think Amanda Tappping and Michael Shanks have really good chemistry together on screen. It seems in Sacrifices, a little bit of Amanda and Michael's personality came through in that scene. :)

Sam and Daniel do have lots of brotherly/sisterly moments and I like that between them. They're very cute together haha. I would say go Sam/Daniel ship, if I wasn't a Sam/Jack shipper! haha.

shelsfc
September 14th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I've always seen them as brother & sister-ish too, it would feel wrong to me if anything happened between them. Even in Fallen when Daniel asked her if there had ever been anything between them, while I understand why he asked, I was thinking - that just wouldn't be right.
Of course it probably doesn't help that I'm a S/J shipper...:p

Rogue
September 14th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Sam and Daniel are very close friends. It should stay that way.

LtLisa
September 14th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I see them as brother/sister like...I can't read a fanfic that apirs them...its incestuous to me...even that scene in Sacrifices kinda weirded me out for a min...although I liked it as soon as I went 'wait...just being brother/sisterly...'

the dancer of spaz
September 14th, 2004, 07:54 PM

Yep. That is TOTALLY how I felt about the ep. If anything, that was one of the best RECENT examples of the brother-sister-ship those two have. I agreed with everything you just said - except that whole "Jack = Dad" part. Now THAT'S icky. :P

the dancer of spaz
September 14th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Hey Erin! What's the story behind your signature? It sounds familiar.

michelleb
September 15th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Yep. That is TOTALLY how I felt about the ep. If anything, that was one of the best RECENT examples of the brother-sister-ship those two have. I agreed with everything you just said - except that whole "Jack = Dad" part. Now THAT'S icky. :P

well, i meant dad as generic 'general of the base', not as in jack, teh guy who's secretly in love with sam. dad was representative of the authoritan leader of teh base. could just as easily been hammond

Skydiver
September 15th, 2004, 04:39 AM
well, i meant dad as generic 'general of the base', not as in jack, teh guy who's secretly in love with sam. dad was representative of the authoritan leader of teh base. could just as easily been hammond

sacrifices spoilers.

that's how i saw it too.

sam and daniel pretty much pressured jack into saying 'you can stay here'

now, not only to they get, in addition to the refugees they were expecting, horses, kids, lord only knows what else, and now a wedding.

i saw sam and daniel as 'oh lord. he is soooooo gonna kill us'

but they couldn't say anything to ryac, couldn't say no. they knew jack wasn't gonna be happy....and that jack would likely take it out on him

what i also thought was funny is that, apparantly, sam &/or daniel got bratac to tell jack....hence bratac's buttering up of jack and the 'sit down you old coot.

they picked the one person that jack wouldn't hurt or yell at too much to tell him

MartoufMarty
September 15th, 2004, 05:15 AM
i'm a sam/daniel shipper. i've loved that pairing since i heard the quote from Signularity: "You don't have to do this alone..." "Sometimes I forget you're not military."

i hadn't seen the episode at the time, just heard the quote, and i took it out on context, but... awwww!!

that's one pairing i would like to see, but probably won't ever.

i like sam/pete though :D

DJFavorite
September 15th, 2004, 05:44 AM
I've like the idea of a Sam/Daniel pairing over the Sam/Jack pairing (though I would not want either of them to become reality). Sam and Daniel have always seems to be more comfortable around each other than Sam and Jack have. Perhaps it's because the lack of military protocol between Sam and Daniel. They tend to be more themselves around each other.

the dancer of spaz
September 15th, 2004, 08:05 PM

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. :P Hammond is the father figure for them for real, though, isn't he? I mean, even Teal'c (though he has Bra'tac) probably thought of him as a respected... uncle. :D

michelleb
September 16th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I know, I was just giving you a hard time. :P Hammond is the father figure for them for real, though, isn't he? I mean, even Teal'c (though he has Bra'tac) probably thought of him as a respected... uncle. :D

don't give me a hard time, you evil person! it's bad enough being a shipper at the moment. ;) (and not a sam daniel one either)

i did notice that moment in singularity..but that was when i first started to ship for sam and jack too. when i rewatched COTG, when sam says 'i knew i was going to like you' to daniel, i thought they might have been thinking of a daniel/sam ship then, but i think over the years it's settled into a close sibling relationship. close and sweet as they are, they don't generate the same kid of heat as sam and jack IMHO

norriski
September 16th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Actually I think it is the closeness and how comfortable Sam and Daniel are around each other that sort of settles the brother/sister type relationship for me. I say that from personal experience, I have a very close guy friend that have that type of relationship with, I'm so comfortable with him that we hug, hold hands, lay on each other and it's not "sexual" at all, I totally think of him as my brother, regardless of how our parents are...we've had people I guess "ship" for us, what I mean is people wanting us to become more than friends, but we just laugh and tell them it would be wrong on so MANY levels. Now while I'm not a shipper of any kind really, someone said something about how Sam's always more comfortable with Daniel, and not so much with Jack, well that make since too, if you choose to accept that there is UST then there that uncomfortableness would only be natrual wouldn't it?

Sam fan
September 16th, 2004, 02:43 PM
OKay again I'm new- so I'm not sure II can do this but i too am an avid S/J fan but when I saw this story that said about Daniel and Sam but still had S/J in it I was inruiged and I was surprised to find that I wasn't sickened when read it either it's not finished but i''s pretty good!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1686158/1/

sorry if the link doesn't come up but it's a really good story- not sleasy at all. EEnjoy, cus Hopefully we'l never get anything like this on our screens.

majorsal
September 16th, 2004, 06:02 PM
sacrifices spoilers.

what i also thought was funny is that, apparantly, sam &/or daniel got bratac to tell jack....hence bratac's buttering up of jack and the 'sit down you old coot.

they picked the one person that jack wouldn't hurt or yell at too much to tell him

Hey, you're right! I didn't think far enough to put it together. And Jack calls Teal'c a chicken... :p

Sally :D

Andy867
October 18th, 2004, 08:03 AM
What I Really Meant To Say (http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/what_i_really.wmv), I think, really shows what the D/S Shippers are looking for.

Sam fan
October 18th, 2004, 08:10 AM
What I Really Meant To Say (http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/what_i_really.wmv), I think, really shows what the D/S Shippers are looking for.

Hey, the link doesn't work for me?

Andy867
October 18th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Here ya Go (misread the link location)

What I Really Meant To Say (http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/comic/video/what_i_really.wmv)

Gaterelle
October 27th, 2004, 02:55 AM
First of all, I love Sam/Pete but if not, then Sam/Daniel or Sam/Tealc would be great to see.
Sam and Daniel always get along so well and they communicate really well too, which I think is the base for a good relationship. True love with friendship as a base. :)

Qasim
October 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM
See this: http://www.calleaveda.com/sg/index.php?pg=sg&ch=manips&PHPSESSID=60ffc2d3289881e01f75100de8d23b94

A-bomb
October 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM
Sam and Daniel are very close friends. It should stay that way.

Amen to that. Im not exactly sure about the brother-sister thing, cause I dont get along with my sister very well, although admittedly better than my brother. But I do like the idea of simply close freinds. theres nothing wrong with that, some of my best freinds are girls, and i wouldnt dream of going on a date with them. nightmares maybe, but not dreams

garhkal
March 2nd, 2007, 07:06 AM
If the writers were going to have a romance between two main characters i always felt Daniel and Sam would be the pick. saying that though it is probably for the best if they stay right away from it.

Agreed. I especially felt there was a good potential for 'shipping' between these two, during Holiday, where Sam is talking to a comatose daniel, and is almost in tears exclaiming 'i cant loose you (or something like that), and then later on in meridian when she is saying to him "why do we wait to tell people how we really feel (again, something like that)..