Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky 1's fan poll - are these really the top 10 SG1 eps ever?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky 1's fan poll - are these really the top 10 SG1 eps ever?

Came accross this contest that Sky One are starting: http://domain1282827.sites.fasthosts.com/stargate.html

Now I don't know how they came up with these eps for their "ten best of all time". I'm pretty sure this is Sky's choice we're being given not the fans. Here's my take on the nominees:

The Serpent's Lair: Definately deserves a spot in the top 10, Sky's only mistake here is not to package it with "Within the Serpent's Grasp!".

The Fifth Race: Not quite my idea of a classic personally but definately a very important ep in the series so I'm not going to argue with it's inclusion.

1969: Here's where the arguments start. This is a pretty good, fun ep and I like my time travel. One of the ten best SG1 eps ever though? Three S2 eps when there's no S1 eps, not even COTG, TBTFGOG and WTSG?

Window of Oportunity: The best comedy ep of SG1 and probably the safe bet to win this poll.

2010: Another cool ep, no arguments here.

Full Circle: Hmmm...good ep but are Sky seriously telling me there's no worthy contenders from S5(The Tomb, Desperate Measures, Summit/Last Stand, possibly even Meridian, hello! ) or earlier in S6(Unnatural Selection definately springs to mind as better than Full Circle!).

Lost City: Easy pick, even if part 1 only sets the ground for part 2.

Reckoning: As a two parter it arguably has a better case than Lost City. At one point I definately though it would be the last classic SG1 ep(s) ever.

Camelot: Skipped most of S9, have not seen this ep, cannot comment.

200: Not dead cert how this got into the top ten either. It's better than it's older brother Wormhole Xtreme but The Pegasus Project would definately be a better rep for S10.

Anyone got anything else to say?
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

I'd say they're pretty close. At the end of the day though, they're just the episodes that got the most votes from certain fans.

Comment

Which fans? I don't remember hearing about any preliminary polling(though if there was, then I can only blame myself for not hearing about it and voting! )
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That's close to what I would have picked, Fifth Race, Lost City and Reckoning all definitely deserve to be up there.

I don't like The Serpents Lair, I don't know what it is, I just don't like Apophis. Still I appreciate that some do so I guess I can deal with it being up there. I'm thinking Window of Opportunity will win just because it won the last best ever poll but I much rather it be one of my three choices.
        It'll never fit in there you know...

Comment

I think Sky probably chose them, but my favourite, Window of Opportunity, was there, so I voted for that - though Lost City I & II were a close second
          sigpic

Comment

There's two or three there that would be nowhere near *my* top ten, but to be fair I know them to be popular in fandom despite my indifference to them.

I have to say that it's not a bad list at all. I'm off to vote now

Madeleine

Comment

Considering that only a smattering of fans probably voted, I don't put much credence in polls like these. I mean, "200" is at the BOTTOM of my list.

Comment

Besides "200" and "Camelot" those are about right IMO. I'd have had "Meridian" and "Abyss" in there instead, otherwise, not bad at all.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                  Besides "200" and "Camelot" those are about right IMO. I'd have had "Meridian" and "Abyss" in there instead, otherwise, not bad at all.
                  fair point although i'd have kept "200" and lost "2010" apart from that the list is about right

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    Which fans? I don't remember hearing about any preliminary polling(though if there was, then I can only blame myself for not hearing about it and voting! )

Oh...sorry. I thought this was based on fan-votes. I mean, there was a thread about it in the Season 10 folder about what everyone wanted and everything.

My bad.

Comment

Good list- they all make my top 20 anyway. I would definitly put Pegasus Project in there instead of Reckoning though.

Comment

My head would explode if I really tried to narrow down my favorite SG-1 episodes to just 10.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd have to say - it's close enough.

Put it this way, they would all make my top 50, and most my top 10.

I think Abyss is missing however ...
                          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Pretty close to what I would have picked, though it is very hard for me to pick just 10.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i think they just picked out ten episodes and allow fans to choose their favourite.

I like all of those eps and i have more than 10 fav episodes. i voted for serpents lair- shows teamwork
                              Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                              sigpic
                              sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Working...
                              X