bad guys....up there with the best of the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad guys....up there with the best of the best

After watching the final few episodes of SG-1 recently....thank you sky one, i would like to put up the episode Bad Guys as one of the best made to date.
    Too me it bought up a point that was missing, the what if the stargate is a museum piece...excellant episode daniel probably having the most fun in it...wonder what it would have been like if Jack was in it....something tells me, slightly different....but even better.

Why isn't this in the episode discussion?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I agree, Bad Guys was one of the best eps of SG1 ever.
      But, because I am anal about this and there are others that make me look tame, you might want to add spoiler warnings. I know it has the ep title, but like I said, some people make me look tame with the spoiler issue.

Comment

I enjoyed "Bad Guys" so very much. Definitely one of Season 10's many excellent episodes IMO.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Best episode of S10 in any event.
          Jack was in it....something tells me, slightly different....but even better.
          I'm not so sure about that, O'Neill is a compleatly different character then Mitchell, and I don't think my favorit seen of the episode O'Neill could have pulled off.
          Mitchell: We got ourselves a bit of a John Mcclain here.
          Daniel: (highly confused) What?
          Teal'cL: (walks past, dead pan) Die Hard.
          Daniel: Oh...
          I just don't think Jack could pull it off, because he is not a omage guy, Mithchell makes them all the time. This scene though was played out perfectly.
          Last edited by Col.Foley; 22 March 2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            In your opinion. Not ours.
            (Cocks eyebrow) Indeed.

Comment

Well, yes I am crazy, at least that is what my VA counselors keep telling me. But the ep was still awesome and fun.

Comment

I enjoyed it the first time around, but how can you consider it the best episode ever? Heck half of SG-1 was missing.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  I enjoyed it the first time around, but how can you consider it the best episode ever? Heck half of SG-1 was missing.
                  I really liked this episode as well. It was a fun story, and I consider it to be one of my favorites as well.

As far as Carter (or jack) not being there, that's okay. The story worked well with the characters that were there, and it was just a fun episode.

Comment

It was fun, but I like a little character development.

Yeah, lol, I still count Jack as MIA. I look at it like this:

SG-1 =
                    35% - Jack
                    30% - Daniel
                    25% - Carter
                    10% - Teal'c

This ranking isn't based on how much I like the character(s), just a rough estimate of their screen time, lines, and plot contribution. I consider Cam & Jonas as "Bonus" characters, and Vala as a guest star. IMO the first ep. in 2 years that had 100% of SG-1 is "The Shroud."
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Indeed. It was one of the better S10 episodes, which I'm happy to say has actually been good.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I enjoyed "Bad Guys" so very much. Definitely one of Season 10's many excellent episodes IMO.
                        Agree. It was a great episode especially seeing daniel act like a big bad ass.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Defiantly the most hilarious!

Although Bounty is a close second (or it's the other way around I cannot decide)

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            Defiantly the most hilarious!

Although Bounty is a close second (or it's the other way around I cannot decide)
                            Agreed. They were both very funny but so was Family Ties IMO.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I don't know, I almost can't decide. Bad Guys will proabably end up being my fave of S10, however, and you see they do it to you intentionally. What I mean by this is Stargate, too my knowlege had had Ok starts to seasons, the most clear examples in my mind are S8, and S10, it is either they do this to us itentionally, or they have to redicover themselves as the show progresses. I mean the second half of S10 had som many great episodes, The Shroud, Bad Guys, Line in the Sand, The Road not Taken, truly wonderful ep, and in this list Bounty gets to become just an OK ep, even though it was good to.

Comment

Working...
                              X