Maybe the Asgard aren't all that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the Asgard aren't all that...

Thor could interface with Anubis ship...
    The Asgard can transfer consciousnesses between bodies...
    They have immensely powerful computers with vast amounts of storage...
    They can seemingly synthesize objects easily (food, anti-replicator weapon)

why would they destroy themselves when they could just abandon the biological cloning program and design a better body? why do they need biological bodies at all? They obviously have a way to store conciousnesses during transfer, so just leave out the next body and live in a computer, or a nanite body.

just a thought. maybe the reason the Asgard died is not because of biological problems, b ut because they were inherently unable to think "outside the box." They may have been scavengers who simply stole enough technology that they decided they were "smart."

Seriously though, 30,000 years and they couldn't implement a computer-based consciousness? We (in real life) should have that kind of technology in less than a hundred years from now...

P.S. Where is the AI in Stargate? (Besides replicators/Asurans) Other Sci-Fis use AIs to manage ships and such... Cortana could find a way out.

Yesss... Put all the Asgard minds in fembots so they can start enjoying sex again...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
      Yesss... Put all the Asgard minds in fembots so they can start enjoying sex again...
      My first thought would be I would enjoy it too, but then I thought of a little grey guy in a fembot and it kinda went to hell....

Comment

Spoilers??????????????????????Think of other ppl before writing a thread dude

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

We dont actually know how much the asgard knoledge needs, for all we know it could be as muc as an ancients, your not telling me ALL the ancients knew EVERYTHING about their tech, seems the asgard have got it dl'd into them.

Comment

Well it says that Asgard technology rivalled ancient technology not sure where again try wikipedia, proved anyway by the fact asgard weaponary destroyed several Ori ships. Also as far as we know the ancients could have slowly fed them technology at different stages of their advancement along with the furling and nox.

Comment

Originally posted by edain View Post
              My first thought would be I would enjoy it too, but then I thought of a little grey guy in a fembot and it kinda went to hell....
              Alas, only the consciousness is transferred... Imagine, sexy and smart, and willing to try... It's the ultimate fembot!!! Better than Sam I say!!!

Comment

Even if the Asgard could survive as machines, they would still have a stagnant society. When it comes down to it, the Asgard basically have the same problem as the Tok'Ra. If an Asgard is permanently lost, there are no new Asgards to replace them.

Comment

Unending spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  It's possible that the Asgard didn't actually kill themselves. I'm clutching at straws here, but they may have gated out and blown up Orilla just to stop the 'lesser' races from pestering them ever again. Now that everyone thinks that they are dead, who is going to look for them? Now that the Tau'ri think that they already have all of the Asgard's technology, why would they look for them?
                  Spoiler:
                  "I miss Thor."

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    Unending spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    It's possible that the Asgard didn't actually kill themselves. I'm clutching at straws here, but they may have gated out and blown up Orilla just to stop the 'lesser' races from pestering them ever again. Now that everyone thinks that they are dead, who is going to look for them? Now that the Tau'ri think that they already have all of the Asgard's technology, why would they look for them?
                    tht is a good point there! Maybe not all of the asgards were on the planet. Blowing up the planet was just to make the ori think they are dead. I like tht.

Comment

I still think they are clones of the Original Asgard that are still out there. And that we just haven't met them yet.
                      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

One thing I've always wondered is if there was ever an Asgard High Council member by the name of Odin, since it was never introduced or even mentioned.

Comment

One thing I'll note is that they did say "we want you to witness this". If they see it, then if they get captured, theyll let the enemy know that the Asgard are wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdice87 View Post
                            Thor could interface with Anubis ship...
                            The Asgard can transfer consciousnesses between bodies...
                            They have immensely powerful computers with vast amounts of storage...
                            They can seemingly synthesize objects easily (food, anti-replicator weapon)

why would they destroy themselves when they could just abandon the biological cloning program and design a better body? why do they need biological bodies at all? They obviously have a way to store conciousnesses during transfer, so just leave out the next body and live in a computer, or a nanite body.

just a thought. maybe the reason the Asgard died is not because of biological problems, b ut because they were inherently unable to think "outside the box." They may have been scavengers who simply stole enough technology that they decided they were "smart."

Seriously though, 30,000 years and they couldn't implement a computer-based consciousness? We (in real life) should have that kind of technology in less than a hundred years from now...

P.S. Where is the AI in Stargate? (Besides replicators/Asurans) Other Sci-Fis use AIs to manage ships and such... Cortana could find a way out.
                            Again, they don't really exist, so your second guessing an imaginary entity.
                            But to address your question, we don't know. However, since we are led to believe that the Asgard are one of the most advanced races to ever exist, we can assume that if it were that simple, then they would have done it.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Its Possible that they were ascended with help of the ancients. The Asgard and the Ancients were allies, so why can't the Ancients help the Asgard out one more time.

Comment

Working...
                              X