How would you end the Ori story arc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you end the Ori story arc?

I'd like to apologise if it's been asked before. But in case no one asked about this yet, then I'll the first one. And on a side note, can any one of the mods turn this into a poll? Thanks so much!

If you were the one wielding the power to decide over the SG-1 series, how would you end it properly and once and for all?

Full season - 20 episodes
    Half season - 10 episodes
    Mini-series - 5 episodes
    The way it is now - 2 movies
    Others
    44.92%
    5.93%
    Mini-series - 5 episodes
    23.73%
    15.25%
    Other
    10.17%

I'd end it with the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I'd end it with the credits.
      That was a rather cheeky reply. xP I was referring to an utter and complete ending of the Ori story arc. I'm not very certain that the DVD movies would wrap it up nicely. If it were me I would suggest a mini-series would do the trick.

Comment

I would go with a mini series
        I dunno something like adria descending and taking human form with an army of priors and when they are just about to kill sg1 arthur and his knights turn up to save the day maybe skaara to
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andylkl View Post
          I'd like to apologise if it's been asked before. But in case no one asked about this yet, then I'll the first one. And on a side note, can any one of the mods turn this into a poll? Thanks so much!

If you were the one wielding the power to decide over the SG-1 series, how would you end it properly and once and for all?

Mini-series - 5 episodes
          Others
          I'm pretty sure only one of the movies will be wrapping up the Ori arc.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I'm pretty sure only one of the movies will be wrapping up the Ori arc.
            Thank goodness. I've always thought ascenson as a story construct was rather weak. To have *two* series revolving around it is a bit much.

I can't stand the (B)Ori. The one movie would do it. They can find the weapon, use it, accidentally take out *all* ascended/prioritizedtaking out the Ori knowlege base as well (including the "good" guys) beings with it, knock out the bridges between the galaxies in the ensuing exposion and go home in time to watch the Simpsons.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Woo hoo! Thank you mods!

Comment

Personally its got to be a mini series for me. I don't feel theres enough to warrant another full series with the ori. I feel it has been a good ride but another season would be a well drag. A mini series would suit itbest. But i feel the movie option isn't a bad one either.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know...miniseries seems kinda short; I'd go with half a season.

Comment

I voted for full season. Mainly b/c I love the ori and wish/believe they need way more development. They have been a fantastic enemy and it's a shame they only got two seasons. Though I will be satisfied with the movie (as only one is related to the Ori). I have a feeling Rob will do a great job with it and can't wait.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I said Full Season...

I am by no means a fan of the Ori... but I am having a hard time accepting that its over
                      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

the ori and sg1 go fishing.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I am absolutely ready for this Ori storyline to be over with as soon as possible. So I picked two movies. If everyone involved is going to keep jerking us all around about the Ori and the Ancients (and their strict non-intereance policy) - if they keep stringing this whole encompassing story arc - then just get the damn story done and over with so we can all get back to What Stargate is really about.

It seems like the longer the show continues with the Ancient/Ori storyline, the more the show loses its focus and becomes more incoherent. I am ready for the show to uncork all the little secrects about the Ori, the Ancients and the Furlings so we can all get back to the good 'ole Stargate formula.

This Ancient/Ori storyline is just too big. Where do you take the series after battling and defeating near god-like beings?

I would have an analogy of war in heaven. The Ancients battling the Ori in struggle for their lives.

One possible way to make the Acient/Ori storyline more approachable is to have the Ori lose the battle. And as a punishment, the Ancients un-ascend the whole Ori race and send them back to ...wherever! in human form without, of course, any of their memories. This is only one in a million ways it could end.
                          Last edited by markaudette; 20 March 2007, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Since I personally have loved Seasons 9 and 10, I'd have to go with another full season to wrap up the Ori arc. If I had to settle though, my second choice would have been a mini-series.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Full season for me. IMO they needed to have given a better story to how we get the ori defeated, than a 6 part saga (from quest on) and a single film/ Feels too rushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X