Sunshine - new sci fi movie epic coming April 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine - new sci fi movie epic coming April 6

This sounds interesting, new sci fi movie from director Danny Boyle.
    Team of scientists on a mission to launch a life-saving supernuke into the heart of our ailing Sun, beset by malfunctions, mutiny, sabotage etc etc. Possibly the best looking sci fi movie made in the UK, claims The Times. Compulsory quantum physics lessons for the cast! Michelle Yeoh among others.

Check out the following link for trailers etc.

http://www.sunshinedna.com/videos/8
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Looks good, but I don't get this trend of disaster movies always having to up the ante. I mean, we got 'The Day After Tomorrow' where the Earth's climate tries to kill us, then 'The Core' where our freaking planet itself tries to kill us, and now we have a movie where the bloody Sun is trying to kill us! I guarantee that in two years we'll have a movie where the universe is threatening to spontaneously implode.

Anyway, as long as it isn't as balls as 'The Day After Tomorrow' or 'The Core', it should be a nice, solid piece of sci-fi.
    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
    - Serenity

Comment

You forgot the Sci-fi movie where the moon breaks apart and crashes into the Earth.

And it has the badguy from Redeye in it!

Comment

Nature is the new "Russian threat." Puts an interesting spin on the Cold War.

I guess people of ANY nationality were getting too easy to defeat so they had to aim bigger.

I've read a couple of books about things going wrong with the sun and they were kinda interesting, although I wonder about how a movie version of solar disaster will turn out. The basic premise is pretty straightforward, but it remains to be seen how it'll all turn out. Will have to research it a bit more. The idea that the sun will start dying within 50 years is far-fetched, but not NEARLY as outrageous as the idea of the people of Earth pooling their resources for a rescue mission.

Comment

This looks like a awsome, come on we always got to have a big enemy, apparrently their a film about the universe imploding in a few years time

but it nice to see a film which actually going on what a scientist views and try to make it realistic, hopefully it will blow the box office away so we can have all the sequels and copy cat films coming out.

but the special effects looks good, just hope the acting and directing and story telling are the same.

but I might have to put this on my ever ending list of films to watch this year, the list just keeps getting longer by the day.

Comment

Eh, taking a "wait and see" approach.

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
            You forgot the Sci-fi movie where the moon breaks apart and crashes into the Earth.
            In Soviet Russia, moon lands on YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
              This sounds interesting, new sci fi movie from director Danny Boyle.
              Team of scientists on a mission to launch a life-saving supernuke into the heart of our ailing Sun, beset by malfunctions, mutiny, sabotage etc etc. Possibly the best looking sci fi movie made in the UK, claims The Times. Compulsory quantum physics lessons for the cast! Michelle Yeoh among others.

Check out the following link for trailers etc.

http://www.sunshinedna.com/videos/8
              Hmmm, how big would the super nuke have to be to jump-start the sun? hehe

I'm relatively easily pleased as long as the story, CG, acting, science, character development, directing, and writing are perfect.

Just kidding, I'll probably take a look...
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                Eh, taking a "wait and see" approach.

In Soviet Russia, moon lands on YOU!!
                Ah Yakov Smirnoff never gets old!
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I think it looks really good, and I look forward to going to see it

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Cool !! I'm a sucker for disaster movies ... thanks for the info!

In listing all the disasters, ya'll forgot one ... Earth gets hit by another planet (1951 - When Worlds Collide), then there's the crack that breaks the planet in two (1965 - Crack in the World).

Comment

This film looks awesome, can't wait to see it on Friday. I'm a huge fan of Danny Boyle.

Comment

They were talking about the film on BBC breakfast news this morning, and they showed some clips. It looks brilliant. For anyone who's interested, they also mentioned something about making a kinda follow up to 28 days later called 28 weeks later

sig by starlover1990

Comment

The trailer looked very nice,so I'll probably watch it or buy dvd.

Comment

*bump*
                            Well, it's supposed to be out. Anyone seen it yet?
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Yea 28 weeks later is out on may dude

Comment

Working...
                              X