Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else was spoiled and annoyed?

Hi all,

I clicked on a thread titled "the asgards" about 12 hours ago (before it was renamed) only to read a significant spoiler about the end of Season 10/Unending.

The irony of this is I just finished up telling someone if you don't want to be spoiled don't participate in forums on the topic.

FOCUS: Who else was annoyed by someone's careless/ignorant spoiler threads without tags or any indication they were spoilers?

i wasn't spoiled, its also not just spoilers without expecting a spoiler its alot of the time also a spoiler in the title of the topic

sorry that the last eps was spoiled for you, mind want to * the ***** so that no one else knows that they will be an important part of the eps

Comment

I'm Spoiled and annoyed for another reason. THE SCIFI CHANNEL IS MAKING US WAIT 3 MONTHS TO SEE THIS STUFF. AND THEY'RE DOING IT ON PURPOSE! TO PUNISH US FOR PROTESTING! The whole rest of the world has seen season 10 and we haven't. I was going to watch it on youtube but thaks to Viacom suing google on the day Unending was supposed to air I have to Wait! I HATE SCIFI, I HATE VIACOM (They Canned star trek too.) Thanks again. Corprate Ameraica thinks it knows better than it's customers.
      Welcome to the united states of america where the customer is always wrong!
      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

You chose to click on the thread, knowing full well that the thread was created recently. You are at fault. Stop whining.

Comment

Dear Icy,

Originally posted by mrtvr4 View Post
          Hi all,
          FOCUS: Who else was annoyed by someone's careless/ignorant spoiler threads without tags or any indication they were spoilers?
          Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
          You chose to click on the thread, knowing full well that the thread was created recently. You are at fault. Stop whining.
          ....and then there are THOSE (or actually, there was one who dropped serious spoiler last night in a thread where the discussion was about the effect of illegal downloads on ratings and continuation of the series....

The date of the creation of the thread had nothing to do with the appropriateness of spoilers there.

And then when I saw the ep, the spoiler ended up not even being true. But I'm still miffed with you.

Comment

If a new ep has aired, I wait 'till I've seen it before I come on here.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtvr4 View Post
              Hi all,

I clicked on a thread titled "the asgards" about 12 hours ago (before it was renamed) only to read a significant spoiler about the end of Season 10/Unending.

The irony of this is I just finished up telling someone if you don't want to be spoiled don't participate in forums on the topic.

honestly, it's your problem not ours
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin View Post
                Dear Icy,
                ....and then there are THOSE (or actually, there was one who dropped serious spoiler last night in a thread where the discussion was about the effect of illegal downloads on ratings and continuation of the series....

The date of the creation of the thread had nothing to do with the appropriateness of spoilers there.

And then when I saw the ep, the spoiler ended up not even being true. But I'm still miffed with you.
                Dropping a spoiler in the thread is pretty rude.

The creation of the thread has everything to do with the potential for spoilers. If it was created the same day that a new episode airs, that's pretty good odds it'll have spoilers. THis is common sense.

And why are you miffed at me?

Edit: Redding me for forum etiquette when I'm pointing out a point of common sense is pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  No, everyone should stick to the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    No, everyone should stick to the rules.
                    And while that's true, sometimes people forget. If both sides used a lil more common sense, it would be for the best.

Also, I'm still curious why Terrarin is mad at me. It's not like I did any of this.

Comment

I did so much as hover my mouse clicker over a thread title and was spoiled completely.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        If a new ep has aired, I wait 'till I've seen it before I come on here.
                        It is quite difficult to know when a new ep has aired when I am not in the same timezone, country, continent or hemisphere where it airs.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          Thanks captain obvious, I believe I said as much in the opening comments on this thread

The purpose of this thread is not to determine who's "problem" it is, its to bring attention to the issue of creating spoiler threads without tags, without "spoilers" written anywhere, without any indication that it is about the latest episode.

If one less person makes a dodgy thread then that's one less chance I and others have of being spoiled.

Comment

And while that's true, sometimes people forget. If both sides used a lil more common sense, it would be for the best.
                            Also, I'm still curious why Terrarin is mad at me. It's not like I did any of this.
                            Obviously, I shouldn't have been on the forum this morning cuz red-ding is a little nasty and I'm not really like that. Other life issues have got me off-kilter in addition to the ending of SG. I'd take that back, if I could. This was about a post you made last night on another thread. And I'll truly offer sincere apologies, if I misunderstood.

Last night, my husband and I were reading an interesting thread where the discussion was about the effect of illegal downloads on ratings and continuation of the series, it wasn't about the episode content at all. And out of the blue comes a post that said,
                            Spoiler:
                            I thought it was odd that **** and **** hooked up, but hey.
                            Was that not a spoiler to you? Why did you say that? Had you seen the episode yet? I assumed you had. Sure, it ended up not being what happened, but until I was able to see the ep later today it really screwed with my faith in TPTWere...and well, I cried. I'm not saying I'm sane. It's just...

Yes, I suppose it is true that being anywhere on the forum was taking a risk. But as a matter of principle, I will always maintain that the date of the creation of a thread has nothing to do with the appropriateness of spoilers there if it is not a thread about the episode content. But who says life is fair. Sigh.

Comment

i always check the episodes thread to see if a new episode aired and if it did, i am not going to look on this forum untill after i see the episode myself, cause in every thread there could be a chance for a spoiler to appear, if people dont keep spoilers under tags than i am not on the boards untill after i see all new episodes.

To deal with a problem is to act preventive by ourselve, cause the outsideworld isnt a perfect one.

Comment

Working...
                              X