This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xerxes from 300

idk if this is the right place to put this. But.....for those of us who have seen 300, who here thinks Xerxes sounded and seemed like the perfect Goa'uld?

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Totally agree, he even had the whole kneel before your god speel.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I thought the whole film would've fit perfectly into the SG-Universe. Maybe aside from how primitive his army was. I mean as bad ass as Leonitus & co. were, a Jaffa army of that size would've taken them down pretty fast.

I was thinking Xerxes=Goa'uld from even before he spoke, but then, wow.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

He reminded me of one of th goa'uld from the series ...voice wise... but i can't put a finger on it. It may have been Ra.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Can't be Ra, he wasn't in the series. He kind of reminded me of Zipacna's Tollana appearance. w/ the borderline effeminate makeup.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

yeah...maybe it was good old Zippy.

Comment

My brother and I saw it last night and we both turned to each other and said "Goa'uld" when he first appeared on screen.

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, when I heard him speak.

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

He definately looked goa'uld. Although, he really looks like that Dhalism guy from the old Street Fighter game.

I noticed his leader guy that was sent up against the 300 early on also had glowing eyeballs, so he must've been goa'uld as well.

Comment

Everything about Xerxes was goa'uld-ish. I just thought it was funny after seeing 300, you would either want to spear someone in the eye, or go lift weights.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Definitely a goa'uld. This film should be merged with the Stargate universe and made canon. The question is, do the producers have the influence (and money)?

Comment

We could say he was goa'uld who stayed back and tried to conquer earth with a primitive army..

Go Green

Comment

I actually bother to search out an old thread and it is moved to another forum. Meh. Guess I'll just start new topics from now on.

Comment

< Removed quoted post /reply.Keep it PG >

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            I thought the whole film would've fit perfectly into the SG-Universe. Maybe aside from how primitive his army was. I mean as bad ass as Leonitus & co. were, a Jaffa army of that size would've taken them down pretty fast.

I was thinking Xerxes=Goa'uld from even before he spoke, but then, wow.
                            Well duh Jaffa have staff weapons and armour.

And it's Leonidas.

Hand to hand though, Leonidas and the 300 Spartans would own, jaffa are nothing more than strong brutes, against a Phalanx they would smash into like the Persians, then when they could no longer push the Phalanx back, (because after a while the ones pushing at the back would be crushing the ones at the front) the Spartans would simply have to use their strength to push the Jaffa back and kill them, rinse and repeat until no more jaffa.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 September 2009, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X