Who would win???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would win???

i think that the Asurans, Wrath and Replicators could all defeat the Ori. The Wrath with there superior numbers, Asurans with there unlimited amount of ZPMs and ancient technology and the replicators could take over an Ori ship and learn all about there tech, if you remember in season 8 the replicators projectile could penatrate the azguard shields... Not even an ori ship can do that in one shot.

The Wraith no longer appear to have large numbers. They probably ended up fighting amongst themselves for food after the Ancients were defeated until they ended up deciding that they had to hibernate a few hundred years ago. Nothing we've seen from them since the series has been on the air suggests that they could beat the Ancients if their war started today.

Meanwhile, the Ori could probably end up developing a device to defeat the Replicators and the Asurans, but since the Asurans do not build things nearly as quickly as the Replicators and they currently have nothing, the Replicators had the best chance of going up against the Ori. It only takes them getting their claws on one Ori ship and the next thing you know the playing field is somewhat level.

Comment

I think that the Ori would be very tough for any of those mentioned to take out.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We haven't seen anything get through the shields of an Ori ship besides the unstable vortex of a supergate. Until we see what drones can do against them its hard to say.

I do know the Wraith would be easily dispatched if the main weapon on the Ori ships are half as good as that Ancient defense satiliete.
        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I think the Asurans could do it on their own.

Comment

The Ori, or the Ori followers?

I find it difficult to believe that any un-ascended being could take on an ascended being, as the latter has ability to exist (move and manipulate) outside of normal space-time.

Wraith are nothing to ascended beings - remember the Atlantis episode where a single (somewhat forlorn) ascended Ancient easily protects an entire planet from Wraith attacks.

Replicators? The human form replicator couldn't handle the ascended Ancient memories buried deep within the physical Daniel's memory - how could they handle the entire ascended continuum of the Milky Way?

As I've mentioned before, the writers in creating "ascended" beings have essentially thrown gods, or at least demigods, into the scifi mix of species. The only known threat to demigods would be from other demigods.

Note that Merlin's device was only conceived and thought out by him while he was ascended. Then he descended and continued to work on it. Even the Asgard wrestled with understanding it. I contend it is unlikely that any purely corporeal being could have created such a device without at least having some knowledge or contact with ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
              We haven't seen anything get through the shields of an Ori ship besides the unstable vortex of a supergate. Until we see what drones can do against them its hard to say.

I do know the Wraith would be easily dispatched if the main weapon on the Ori ships are half as good as that Ancient defense satiliete.
              I truly don't even think drones could damage them enough. Most of those races will likely be destroyed very easily by the Ori ships.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hmmm well multitude of races obviously, the Ori are powerful but they couldnt handle both the replicators and asurans. The wraith wouldnt really be probelm for the Ori though, their ships have no shields so the uba ori energy blasts would crippled their ships.
                "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                sigpic

Comment

well replicators can be qiute sneaky like when sg-1 found reese and then she went and made one replicator and somehow they all replicators fast within the base

if some manages to ring aboard without there being a prior cos his one some planet converting and the spiders manage to find the control room then thats when they will come even more super
                  sigpic

Comment

The fans.

That's who would win.

Comment

I think TPTB designed the Ori as the ultimate enemy and that's eaxctly what they should be, with no competition. I personally don't see Asurans (I believe their organic nature holds them back) or wraith being a problem for them, replicators a little trickier however this is the ori, they should be able to build disruptors that would easily dispose of the reps.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I think the Asurans could do it on their own.
                        I think Asuran tech would own the Ori. Someone counted 42 Aurora-class Warships being built by the Asurans. IMO 4 Aurora-class warships would destroy 7 Ori Cruisers.

For all we know each Aurora could have multiple beam cannons (as secondary weapons) stronger than the Ori's primary cannon. Remember the Alterans were the scientists, Ori were the zealots. We have also seen this tech employed by the Atlantean satellite weapons platforms, and they required less power than the drones (Mk. 2 vs. ZPM). We also know drones are effective against Ori Cruisers.

But in the end, I think the Ori could take out the Asurans, since they could probably disintegrate them, leaving no one to man the ships. If the Asurans built ships, and gave them to the Tau'ri.... 42 Aurora vs. 7 Ori Cruisers, 1 second battle.
                        Last edited by Ripple in Space; 11 March 2007, 10:18 AM. Reason: read post below
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

For all we know each Aurora has multiple beam cannons (as secondary weapons) stronger than the Ori's primary cannon.
                          really??How do we know that???
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            I think TPTB designed the Ori as the ultimate enemy and that's eaxctly what they should be, with no competition. I personally don't see Asurans (I believe their organic nature holds them back) or wraith being a problem for them, replicators a little trickier however this is the ori, they should be able to build disruptors that would easily dispose of the reps.
                            I agree and I love the Ori simply for that reason, the fact that they are the ultimate enemy.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              really??How do we know that???
                              I should have wrote "could have," but the "for all we know" part means it's possible, not that it's a fact.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X