New firearm in Dominion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New firearm in Dominion

Can someone confirm the new rifle that Carter and Mitchell used in Dominion is HK G36? I've seen it appeared on other episodes in the past too. Wonder what prompted the change for a bigger gun

G-36k. It's the carbine version of the G-36.

Comment

Not sure if it's a carbine version, since that'd be the G36C.

The G36K is a shrotned version though.

Comment

Mitchell had G36K
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ammit View Post
          Can someone confirm the new rifle that Carter and Mitchell used in Dominion is HK G36? I've seen it appeared on other episodes in the past too. Wonder what prompted the change for a bigger gun
          well they were dealing with adria, so maybe they needed to go big to have a powerful if not no effect on her
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            well they were dealing with adria, so maybe they needed to go big to have a powerful if not no effect on her
            P-90 is much better in the short range.I really see no point of using G36 in CQB
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

You have to admit that it's a pretty nice looking gun. I mean, I <3 the p90 and all, but it was really cool to see a new gun put to use aside from a LMG of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by h4mx0r View Post
                You have to admit that it's a pretty nice looking gun. I mean, I <3 the p90 and all, but it was really cool to see a new gun put to use aside from a LMG of some sort.
                no it's not.The M4A1 Sopmod with Eotech holosight is a pretty nice looking gun
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah the G36 is a nice gun. It a dependable weapon.

It's a german masterpiece!!!!

Comment

I thought they were pretty cool. I want to get one for deer season.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

For that you might want to use the one in my sig

Do shoot at beer bottles though...

Comment

P90's are portrayed as pretty inaccurate in games like Battlefield2 and such. I almost felt cheated when I unlocked it, because it couldn't shoot accurately and did minimal damage. A G36 is much more reliable.

But in terms of cinematography, g36s look more new-tech. It might also haev to do with the G36's ammo being more readily available? I have to confirm that.

Comment

One thing that I don't get is, if they gonna use a carbine, why didn't they use the M4, which is the standard special operations weapon for the US Military?

From what I understand G36s are more likely to be used by US police forces, rather than the military.
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by h4mx0r View Post
                            Yup, love P90 but nice to see some new weapons for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                              One thing that I don't get is, if they gonna use a carbine, why didn't they use the M4, which is the standard special operations weapon for the US Military?

From what I understand G36s are more likely to be used by US police forces, rather than the military.
                              Agreed. It's a nice gun but I've wondered why they havent used M4's.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X