Do Not Read Spoilers From Our Partners Up North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Not Read Spoilers From Our Partners Up North

ok so yes canada has seen most of the end of SG1 do not read the summaries, it will completely make you go craxy, just be patient and wait, do not make the same mistake i did, i mean read the gateworld spoilers but do not go into the episode threads it will ruin your SG1 life

Originally posted by shw77 View Post
    ok so yes canada has seen most of the end of SG1 do not read the summaries, it will completely make you go craxy, just be patient and wait, do not make the same mistake i did, i mean read the gateworld spoilers but do not go into the episode threads it will ruin your SG1 life
    Actually no they havent. Canada has seen SGA. The UK has seen SG-1.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

uk and Ireland actually!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed View Post
        uk and Ireland actually!!
        ..and other people having Sky satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          ..and other people having Sky satellite.
          and other people...
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

i've seen all of sga season 3 and i'm waiting for unending.

so then in april i can re watch everything
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by shw77 View Post
              I disagree. I've read summaries of the rest SG-1's season 10 and not one of them has made my go craxy. Nor have they ruined my "SG1 life".

Different strokes.

Comment

I believe that reading the spoilers and episode review threads are not nearly as damaging as all the illegal downloading that people allude to around here.

It has been my strong held belief that the break up of Sci-Fi Friday & the airing of episodes in countries with smaller viewer ship numbers combined have hurt the ratings to both Stargate series here in the US.

Hopefully with the moving of SGA to a fall run in the states they will find a way to sink up the release of the season in the UK, Canada, and the USA.

For any one who may disagree I put this simple question to you…

How many of you who “acquired” episodes of the SG1/SGA before it airs in your country are actually chomping at the bit to see the shows when they first air (not the repeat or DVR as the viewer ship ratings don’t count that for some odd reason)?

Lets keep it real here.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

I'm not a Neilson home. I don't affect the ratings.

I would highly doubt that the %'s of torrent downloaders who are Neilson homes is at all a large number. And frankly if Sci Fi would get off their ass and broadcast the shows in America first or at least simultaneously,(b/c our ratings determine whether the show continues) then this would not be an issue in the first place.

Also, Heroes has been coming on in Canada a day early lately. And I still watch it when it shows on US broadcast. I'll be watching SciFi on Friday nights when the shows air simply b/c I love Stargate.

Comment

The mid season hiatus is an idiotic idea imo, all it seems to do is make casual views lose interest and long time viewers see the episodes else where. I really don't understand why they do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                      I believe that reading the spoilers and episode review threads are not nearly as damaging as all the illegal downloading that people allude to around here.
                      On a conceptual level, I object to downloading.

But, I don't think there really is enough of it going on to affect the ratings in the U.S. The stuff on YouTube only has about 5000-6000 views(and that's global, not just the U.S.). That's not enough to move the ratings even a tenth of a point.

A tenth of a point = 88,000 households. I just don't believe there's that quantity of downloads happening.

I just don't believe there is that much going on. Many people who download may still watch the episodes anyway.

Comment

well, if i 'aquire' an episode, it is because it hasn't aired where i am yet.

i do however, buy all seasons, so...

Comment

Originally posted by GraceMolloy View Post
                          I'm not a Neilson home. I don't affect the ratings.

I would highly doubt that the %'s of torrent downloaders who are Neilson homes is at all a large number. And frankly if Sci Fi would get off their ass and broadcast the shows in America first or at least simultaneously,(b/c our ratings determine whether the show continues) then this would not be an issue in the first place.

Also, Heroes has been coming on in Canada a day early lately. And I still watch it when it shows on US broadcast. I'll be watching SciFi on Friday nights when the shows air simply b/c I love Stargate.
                          Same here. If scifi hadnt caused this problem in the first place then those who are finding other ways to watch wouldnt be.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm not stay up till 11:30 at night to watch a series thats going to probably be aired in the wrong order and is generally over a eyar late anyway. So deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post

For any one who may disagree I put this simple question to you…

How many of you who “acquired” episodes of the SG1/SGA before it airs in your country are actually chomping at the bit to see the shows when they first air (not the repeat or DVR as the viewer ship ratings don’t count that for some odd reason)?
                              *Raises hands*

Comment

Working...
                              X