This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Fleet

What do you think the best fleet is ever? (One type of Species no Borg Cubes with Star Destoryers)

I would have to say the best fleet is Galatic Empires before the Rebel Alliance attacked the Death Star
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I would have to rank Starfleet's build up for the Dominion War as the most impressive. Add in the Kingon and Romulan fleets that allied with Starfleet and you have something more powerful than anything else I can think of.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      I would have to rank Starfleet's build up for the Dominion War as the most impressively and powerful fleet of ships I have ever seen.

I think the Galatic Empire could take them on (but I like DS9 Favorite Star Trek and that is a good fleet) . Come on the Galatic Empire had the Death Star
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        I think the Galatic Empire could take them on (but I like DS9 Favorite Star Trek and that is a good fleet) . Come on the Galatic Empire had the Death Star
        The Galactic Empire with the almighty Death Star is very impressive!.

You add in the Klingon and Romulan fleet's that allied with the Federation against the Dominion, and put them up against the Galactic Empire and you would have one epic war!.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          The Galactic Empire with the almighty Death Star is very impressive!.

You add in the Klingon and Romulan fleet's that allied with the Federation against the Dominion, and put them up against the Galactic Empire and you would have one epic war!.
          I agree that would be an awsome fight. I think the Galactic Empire would win because they have the force
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic

Comment

What race do you think has the best ships? Also the Wraith Fleet isn't a bad one either but the Galatic Empire would beat them
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

Mantrid's fleet of self replicating drone arms from Lexx. It was composed of the matter of an entire universe that it had converted into more drone arms.

I can't think of any other sci-fi fleet that could even come close to stopping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                Mantrid's fleet of self replicating drone arms from Lexx. It was composed of the matter of an entire universe that it had converted into more drone arms.

I can't think of any other sci-fi fleet that could even come close to stopping it.
                I think the Culture would have little trouble dealing with mantrid drones. Target one with effectors, shut it down and make a few “modifications”. The modifications consist of a small effector and a few other toys and then reprogram it to only seek out other mantrid drones and to preform the same process on them. Reactivate the drone and repeat on another.

Back to the OP I again nominate the culture for best fleet. More specifically (spoliers for Excession)
                Spoiler:
                the fleet of the Sleeper Service employed at the end of the book. This consisted of 90,515 Offensive Units from one of the more powerful sci-fi universes out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quezovercoatl View Post
                  I think the Culture would have little trouble dealing with mantrid drones. Target one with effectors, shut it down and make a few “modifications”. The modifications consist of a small effector and a few other toys and then reprogram it to only seek out other mantrid drones and to preform the same process on them. Reactivate the drone and repeat on another.

Back to the OP I again nominate the culture for best fleet. More specifically (spoliers for Excession)
                  Spoiler:
                  the fleet of the Sleeper Service employed at the end of the book. This consisted of 90,515 Offensive Units from one of the more powerful sci-fi universes out there.
                  I'd say that would depend on when they did it.

If they didn't know about the drones until they'd already eaten the majority of the rest of the known universe they'd be screwed. When the drones came for them in that massive last zerg rush the concentration of mass would just cause the entire universe to collapse again. Even the culture can't wank it's way out of that.

Comment

Working...
                  X