Question on removing Ba'al SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on removing Ba'al SPOILERS

I was wondering why didn't they remove Ba'al with the beaming technology? Like they did with the symbiote in Caldwell. They could get in contact with an Asgard if there isn't one on the ship like on the Daedalus. Then afterwards use a Tok'ra symbiote.
    This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Originally posted by starmage View Post
    I was wondering why didn't they remove Ba'al with the beaming technology? Like they did with the symbiote in Caldwell. They could get in contact with an Asgard if there isn't one on the ship like on the Daedalus. Then afterwards use a Tok'ra symbiote.
    TPTB don't think like that.besidfes there had to do it that way to spoliers for Dominion

Spoiler:
    there had to kill adria.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There's a whole big plothole in the ep, why kill Adria painstakingly slow by overdosis instead of beaming her into space/zatting 3 times/ shooting/ anything that doesn't involve the risk of her waking up.

Comment

The problem with using beaming technnology means it would require an Asgard, and the amount of time needed to get an Asgard there could have taken too long causing Adria/Baal to regain her powers.

The simplest thing to do would be to just use Machello's Goa'uld killer but surgical removal and getting a Tok'ra would have been the quickest thing to do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
          There's a whole big plothole in the ep, why kill Adria painstakingly slow by overdosis instead of beaming her into space/zatting 3 times/ shooting/ anything that doesn't involve the risk of her waking up.
          But then her character could never come back. Bad bad idea.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Walking over to Adria with a needle hardly takes longer than calling someone over the comm and telling them to get a lock on Adria to beam her in space. Meanwhile, ZATing her would be seconds faster at best, which may have been all they needed, but when you factor in that they would've had to tell the Tok'ra no, they would it another way there's really no difference. Besides they thought she was already dead and they were just helping her along - They never could've guessed she would've had enough strength to get up and if someone stopped to point out that possibility it would take longer still to get to her.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              The simplest thing to do would be to just use Machello's Goa'uld killer.
              Now that idea i like. Gives a little 'smile back' to a great few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                Walking over to Adria with a needle hardly takes longer than calling someone over the comm and telling them to get a lock on Adria to beam her in space. Meanwhile, ZATing her would be seconds faster at best, which may have been all they needed, but when you factor in that they would've had to tell the Tok'ra no, they would it another way there's really no difference. Besides they thought she was already dead and they were just helping her along - They never could've guessed she would've had enough strength to get up and if someone stopped to point out that possibility it would take longer still to get to her.
                They had to bring Adria to somewhere, clean her up, stitch her, get the poison, inject the needle.

Now what if they'd pushed one comm button and said "execute plan c". Which they should have had..

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                But then her character could never come back. Bad bad idea.
                Maybe make it so she prevents beaming or something..

Comment

Also, what happened to her pendent? Where did ba'al remove it too?

Comment

The way they did it in the episode moved along the plot. It took TPTB where they wanted to go at episode's end. SG-1, and most other shows, do that all the time.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Also, what happened to her pendent? Where did ba'al remove it too?
                      Ba'al took it I'm guessing.

Comment

But where too? And we saw from the shroud that it can "prior" a person, so would it do that to Ba'al.??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          But where too? And we saw from the shroud that it can "prior" a person, so would it do that to Ba'al.??
                          Not with her mind powers being neutralized. He likely put it somewhere safe till he got control of her. He didnt count on being captured.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            thats not a plothole! Ba'al released a slow working poison into her system and they WERE about to kill her quickly but she woke up before they had a chance.
                            ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

One.

Leave a lot of empty space at the beginning of your post so that people hovering over the link won't read the spoilers you put in the first sentence of your post.

Two.

Use the spoiler tags, it's (spoilers)spoiler information(/spoilers). Replace the "()" with "[]."

It's very irritating that people are forgetting those two points.

Comment

Working...
                              X