Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else upset about "The Shroud" for this reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else upset about "The Shroud" for this reason?

No spoiler tags will be included because it will complicate my post so be warned.

Because they undid the events from "The Pegasus Project"? The supergate no longer blocked, MORE Ori ships are in the Milky Way now and they didn't seem to even mention the possibility of reblocking the supergate.

Other than that, I LOVED the ep. They accomplished the most in the ep since "The Pegasus Project". Not more than it, just the biggest accomplisment since that ep.

Vala,

Well, it was a gamble, a hell of a gamble. But they had to take it. It was either wait for the Ori to disengage the wormhole, which they eventually would have done, or go for the opportunity to take them out right then and there.

As for re-establishing the wormhole....not sure if they got another Wraith ship to blow up.

On a related note, wasn't it a bit dumb of the Ori to close the wormhole again after the ships went through?

Comment

If you think about it...the ori would have found out where the gate is being blocked from and they would have sent a ship to stop it. And what would they have found? Atlantis, undefended human worlds, and the wraith who they would easily sweep aside. Their only challenge would be the asurans and that would probably have made things interesting.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Well, unless they manage to re-establish a connection on the first try it will be a little hard for them to block access to the supergate again. If Adria has a ship guarding the gate and Earth tries to make a failed connection, the Ori ship can see that and just dial the Ori galaxy. Also, the Ori had all their ships through so it didn't make much of a difference. We only just learned in Dominion that...
        Spoiler:
        Adria is constructing more.
        Until now it would've been a waste of resources to bother cutting them off from a galaxy that has no more ships to reinforce them with. The only thing worth sending over is additional ground troops, but they can easily send them through any gate the same way the Priors came over.

The only thing that bothers me about that episode is that Daniel didn't tell them that he can't be working with Adria to trick them into shutting down the gate because if he was he could've just told her all about the Pegasus galaxy (which is likely currently being hidden from the Ori by the ascended beings there) and had her fly a ship over there to take out the gate herself.

Comment

i don't think the "thinng" with the supergate`s such a big deal, 'cause if you come to think of it they can build more.....right?
          http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Right. They can always make a third supergate.

Comment

Not only that but it was a risk they had to take. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
              X