X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day the Earth Stood Still Remake.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/02/...made-for-2008/
    Apparently they're remaking the 1950's classic. Has anyone seen the original and how bad do you think the remake will be?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/02/...made-for-2008/
    Apparently they're remaking the 1950's classic. Has anyone seen the original and how bad do you think the remake will be?

Funny the original was playing on The Fox Movie Channel this morning.

I've seen it many times before today. What I feel might happen is just about the same way that War of The Worlds remake will happen. When a studio decides to do this, any message from the earlier version will somehow be lost in the translation.

Comment

Klaatu Verota Nicto!

Comment

NNNNOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

STOP! Don't mess with a classic!!
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
          Klaatu Verota Nicto!
          Close it's actually Klaatu Barada Nicto.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Hmmm, this should be interesting. Way too early to judge either way IMO.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
              NNNNOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

STOP! Don't mess with a classic!!
              What she said.

Comment

Interesting- I saw this movie for the first time a few weeks ago. Probably wouldn't see a remake of it. I doubt it would work.

Comment

Sigh. I refuse to watch the re-make of War of the Worlds. Instead I went out and bought the oringinal on DVD! .
                  I have this one on VHS somewhere in my mess of Sci-fi. I wish they'd stop re-making the classics. The only sci-fi classic re-make I've liked so far is Time Machine, H.G. Wells story. Which is mostly for how well done the future was shown. Though they did have to throw in the, girl dies so that's why guy has to change events instead of the scientist being curious and trying to better humanity.
                  Last edited by Angela V; 04 March 2007, 10:39 PM. Reason: too sleepy to type well
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

The remake of War of the Worlds wasn't really that bad, except for the huge stupidity of having their tripods buried for millions of years. They should really have gone with the arriving meteor thing.

Comment

I remain wary, particularly if FOX is putting it out. Still, I guess it depends on who's actually in charge of making it as to how good or bad it'll be.

I think they should give Pat Neal a cameo. That'd be kinda nifty. Although I don't think she does movies anymore, just the occasional public appearance for theatre stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        Close it's actually Klaatu Barada Nicto.
                        "I got it, I got it, I know your damn words, alright!"

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                          "I got it, I got it, I know your damn words, alright!"
                          Wrong movie.

Someone in the comments section of the remake article suggested an interesting alternative: instead of remaking the original, do a follow-up and have Earth due for a check-up visit 50-60 years later. That sounds more palatable to me than potentially ruining a classic.

Comment

Ooooo, I like that idea better. They should NOT mess with a classic movie like that. I found it on DVD at Christmas 2005. I snapped up 4 copies @ $10.00 each. Made 3 sci-fi friends very happy.
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Oh no! Please.....not this one!

Gort remade as some horrendous shiny CGI thing that will have loads of flashy funtions that will take away its silent dignified 'power'. The moral of the story more than likely lost in all the CGI effects.

No, please...not this one!

Comment

Working...
                              X