dealing with the supergate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dealing with the supergate

why has not the sgc used the taited zpm to destroy the supergate that be a perfect to get rid of the gate. The destructive power it has should be more than enought to do the job.

I don't mean any disrespect by saying this, but do try to improve on your grammar because i think many people don't even understand what you're saying.

But if you're talking about the ZPM retrieved by the captured system lord at the beginning of season 8 that was tainted... the doc that was talking to general oneill about it being tainted, performed an experiment which caused it to explode just to the confines of that area of the lab.

In other words it no longer exists. But if it were still around and we could do that, by all means, a zpm explosion could do the trick, assuming it can take out an entire solar system.
    And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

They can easily just build another supergate (they've built 3 in less than a year as is). Such a weapon is better saved for a more extreme situation. For example, now that the Ori have most of their ships in the Milky Way they can attempt to lure them into an unpopulated solar system and set it off, which would do far more damage as their fleet is the real problem, not the supergate.

Anyway, they did not destroy it. O'neill purposely gave Camulus a depleted ZPM and at the end of the episode Carter was explaining to him how she read Lee's report and thought it could take out an entire solar system. She was therefore concerned that Baal now had a weapon to use against Earth, but O'neill revealed to her that he switched the ZPMs so it was safe. In the lab, Lee detonated miscroscopic fragments which he took off the ZPM. If he actually did that to the ZPM it would've destroyed Earth and the whole solar system as there is no way to contain an explosion of that power.

Comment

As Sicktem said, the ZPM would not be usefull here. They have built enough gates that it would not matter if they destroyed 1 or 2, or even 3. However, the question is the strength of the Ori. The Ori have the strenght of their followers, but do they have enough followers to continue building super gates?

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc View Post
          I don't mean any disrespect by saying this, but do try to improve on your grammar because i think many people don't even understand what you're saying.

But if you're talking about the ZPM retrieved by the captured system lord at the beginning of season 8 that was tainted... the doc that was talking to general oneill about it being tainted, performed an experiment which caused it to explode just to the confines of that area of the lab.

In other words it no longer exists. But if it were still around and we could do that, by all means, a zpm explosion could do the trick, assuming it can take out an entire solar system.
          it isn't gone. that was just a few scrapeings of the caseing the rest of it will be in area 51 somewhere.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
            They can easily just build another supergate (they've built 3 in less than a year as is).
            Where is the third one?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Where is the third one?

in the Ori galaxy
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

give it to mckay! LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  in the Ori galaxy
                  Ah... I thought you ment a third one in our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    give it to mckay! LOL
                    Yeah, 'cause blowing up 5/6 of a star system wasn't enough of a frack-up already lol...

Though it would've been interesting if he had it when he went all super-genius...
                    Last edited by capt. moroni; 05 March 2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      it isn't gone. that was just a few scrapeings of the caseing the rest of it will be in area 51 somewhere.
                      No its not in Area 51, Jack gave it to Camelous to give to Ba'al.
                      "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                        No its not in Area 51, Jack gave it to Camelous to give to Ba'al.
                        No, Camulus got the dead one.

Comment

This question may seem stupid but win noy get a normal gate activate it and on the supergate and disintigrate it bit by bit everytime you turn the gate on
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                            This question may seem stupid but win noy get a normal gate activate it and on the supergate and disintigrate it bit by bit everytime you turn the gate on
                            Shroud spoilers:

Spoiler:
                            Because by the time you got even halfway through the first segment you'd have 9 warships breathing down your neck.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              weel they could try now no more ships than those extra came through I mean they havent been coming through continusly
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X