Why don't the sg1 convert their cargo ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't the sg1 convert their cargo ships

The sgc have a good supply of cargo ships from the tokra and rebel jaffa they could put shields on it like the odyssey and put new weapons on it then they might have a chance at trying to stop the hugh attack on earth.
    Then with the al keesh put the shields on them and earth weapons and try and get their hands on some ha tak convert them and have a pretty cool fleet

I'd rather they work out how to fly them via remote and them jam them full of nukes. Fly them near an enemy ship cloaked and then BOOM

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Chris View Post
      The sgc have a good supply of cargo ships from the tokra and rebel jaffa they could put shields on it like the odyssey and put new weapons on it then they might have a chance at trying to stop the hugh attack on earth.
      Then with the al keesh put the shields on them and earth weapons and try and get their hands on some ha tak convert them and have a pretty cool fleet
      Erm...........we don't have any teltak class cargo ships. We just borrow them off of the tok'ra.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Erm...........we don't have any teltak class cargo ships. We just borrow them off of the tok'ra.
        "we"?

........By Day............By Night........

Comment

humans in other words.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            The spoilers are from the second half of season 10.

Spoiler:
            Assuming none of the bounty hunters were working together (or had partners who flew away) four cloaked Tel'taks landed on Earth for them to track down once they killed the bounty hunters. One also landed on another world and the pilot was killed by Teal'c. Since it was a Jaffa world it's most likely that the local Jaffa were left to find it, but Earth could've always went there to try to track it down if it wanted. Then in "Family Ties" another Tel'tak landed on Earth and they gave up one of the ones they found in "Bounty" to recover it. They may or may not have planned to track it for later recovery.

In addition to the spoilers they got an Al'kesh, from "Insiders." Although they shot it down, it did not appear to be damaged beyond their ability to repair.

Comment

Spoiler:
              some of those cargo ships are modified with weapons like when one of them destroyed the other,

sg-1 must have or maybe they gave it back to the assasin to kill netan
              sigpic

Comment

FAMILY TIES
                Spoiler:
                What about the one from family ties??
                Last edited by Major Tyler; 02 March 2007, 11:10 AM. Reason: Add SPOILER tags

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
                  FAMILY TIES
                  Spoiler:
                  What about the one from family ties??
                  Spoiler:
                  I addressed that in my original spoilers. They retrieved the one that the Jaffa brought to Earth. However, they gave up one of the ones they got in Bounty. Vala's father told them that they needed a code to enter the ship, otherwise it would go off anyway. So they staged an attack on a decoy cargo ship and had him enter it. He then told Vala that he lied about the code as he flew away, so they knew it was safe to enter the Jaffa cargo ship. Therefore, unless they put a tracking beacon in the ship with the intention of recovering it, they lost in exchange for another cargo ship with free naquadah in it's hold.

Comment

I dont think any type of Gould ship will help in the fight against the Ori...Sams the only one that can save us lol
                    "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                      I dont think any type of Gould ship will help in the fight against the Ori...Sams the only one that can save us lol
                      Well actually a huge fleet of ships would be useful if the Ori attacked Earth. They could be placed as a buffer between Earth and the Ori ships. So instead of them hitting Earth and possibly getting to the outpost before it does enough damage, 304s and various other ships could be jumping in front of Ori beam weapons while they fire drones. As is at least the Odyssey might be able to take a few hits before it's too badly damaged to move, so that would help them to some extent. It might even be in the Jaffa's best interest to bring their entire fleet to stand with Earth as that is their best chance to take out the Ori's ships. However, cargo ships are too small to be of much use even with Asgard ships and Ori fighters can deal with them while the big ships do their thing. Also, it's easier for anyone to take down such a ship (when compared with a 304) and if they do that and can reverse engineer advanced shields and hyperdrives that may be placed on them, the rest of the galaxy has a problem - Imagine the Lucian alliance gaining more power (especially over the Jaffa) because they have Asgard shields or the Goa'uld being able to travel to the Pegasus galaxy and snatching Atlantis away from Earth.

Comment

If by "good supply" you mean "1 badly damaged one", then yes, we have a "good supply" of cargo ships.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          If by "good supply" you mean "1 badly damaged one", then yes, we have a "good supply" of cargo ships.
                          Note the above spoilers in this thread refering to the second half of season 10, specifically an episode called "Bounty." He's wrong that the Tok'ra and the Jaffa provide Earth with them, but Earth does have up to 4 and none are badly damaged.

Comment

The outpost in antartica has a shield presumably, and I suspect that it could do serious damage to the Ori fleet should they invade earth, with the shield in place, it would protect the outpost.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              We had two others but I think we gave them away

The Cargo ship that we got when our hat'ak went down with Apothis. But I guess we handed over the Tel'tak to the Tok'ra even though we lost our big ship.

There was the Al'kesh that oniell came to Carter and the one who created the stargate virus aid. But I guess we gave that to the Jaffa.
                              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                              new enemy of the Ori
                              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Working...
                              X