X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Media Customers lose Sky One

Hi all

for all you UK cable customers, just to let you know that we may lose Skyone at the end of this month, which will mean we will not be able to watch the rest of Stargate.

Link - http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2005873,00.html
    sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
    Hi all

for all you UK cable customers, just to let you know that we may lose Skyone at the end of this month, which will mean we will not be able to watch the rest of Stargate.

Link - http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2005873,00.html

Stupid Virgin!
    sigpic

Comment

I know this might sound weird...but will Sky customers have a similar issue? When I say Sky i mean Sky satellite subscribers....

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        I know this might sound weird...but will Sky customers have a similar issue? When I say Sky i mean Sky satellite subscribers....
        Well it states that only Cable customers will be affected not SKY customers. So Satellite customers should be fine. Its only because the contract ends this month with Sky, and Virgin Media are arguing that SKY are asking for more money for this channel.

Comment

what is this about, will telewest be affected?
          it seems like they and virgin have merged or something, and if i lose sky.....

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1 View Post
            what is this about, will telewest be affected?
            it seems like they and virgin have merged or something, and if i lose sky.....
            yes telewest customers are affected, as Virgin Media has taken over NTL: Telewest.

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
              yes telewest customers are affected, as Virgin Media has taken over NTL: Telewest.
              *******it, i just read about it, also saw an advert about this on sky one, i think virgin media would lose a lot of customers if this happened

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1 View Post
                *******it, i just read about it, also saw an advert about this on sky one, i think virgin media would lose a lot of customers if this happened
                of course they will, but Virgin should know that Skyone has the most popular US shows on, which hopefully should mean we will keep it. It was like when we nearly lost Nickelodeon before they overturned it, I have only seen the advert once on skyone and that was just before The Simpsons started or it was shown when the adverts were on.

Comment

Thank god i changed to sky lol. NTL has a poor service anyway i dont like them. Even though i get my internet from them

Comment

*Glares at Virgin*

Sky One's about the only decent channel left on British TV!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

If ntl gets rid of it at the end of the month thats completely ridiculous although it doesnt affect me the end of the month is like an episode maybe 2 away from the end of the series, thats a disgrace so close to the end after ten years and they give u the shaft.

Comment

Oooh!

I did an internet survey thing last week about Sky, Virgin and general Satellite/cable broadcasting in the UK.

I gave very positive response to SKY1 being the reason I have SKY.

I've seen a lot of virgin media adverts on terrestial channels and I wondered what that was all about.

Very interesting.
                        Clark'sGirl

Comment

Not all UK cable TV loses out, I have Telewest.
                          -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                          -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                          -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Stupid Sky.

I doubt Sky One will be dropped from cable.

Comment

Its just Sky S*** Stirring, the advert is only going out on the Cable feed for Sky One. Its because Virgin wont pay extra for Sky Channels because Sky want to pay less for virgins channels.

Its a tug of war, and as usual the customers suffer.

Sky is just a bully.
                              STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                              legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X