MARCH 13th FINAL EP SG-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARCH 13th FINAL EP SG-1

I know there are many posts/ threads regarding the final episode of SG-1, but i couldn't find a suitable one to post the following in.

I have recently recieved my monthly addition of the SKY magazine. reading through it i noticed this comment about the final SG-1 episode

QOUTE ' The end of an era for Stargate addicts - the alst-ever episode of the longest running sci-fi series airs tonight! (March 13th) Die hard 'Gaters' wanted the show to run forever, but all good things copme to an end. In this final outing, starring Beau Bridges as Major General Hank Landry, SG-1 members travel first 20 and then 40 years ahead to see what their possible futures may be ...'

According to other posts (on other threads) regarding this final episode it sounded as if the SG-1 crew were stranded on a ship for 50 years (not by choice) having to live together and further develop their relationships, but hey presto, they find a reset button.

The above quote makes it sound like the crew decide to time travel to see their futures. Could this mean that they use the 'Puddle Jumper' with the time machine built into it?
    sigpic

I don't think it'll be a Puddle Jumper. Can you imagine spending 50 years in one of those? Where's the toilet? Where do you keep the food? How do you stop your 3 buddies from driving you insane?

Comment

If I recall earlier spoilers, SG-1 is trapped on the Odyssey. Within a time dilation field. For 50 years.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

maybe they will use a deadalus class ship with the time device in.

I have also read that in the sky mag so does that mean they have gone to the future by choice??? knowing what sky are like they have probably got it wrong. lol and of course we dont want SG-1 to end!!!

On gateworld threads it does say SG-1 have to live together for 50 yrs in a time dilation field. you are meant to see relationships form etc.. until they find the reset button.????????

those two descriptions are TOTALLY different.
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

I agree they are totally different. So which you would you rather it be. Stuck on board ship for 50 years without choice OR choose to see what their futures are by travelling in time.
          sigpic

Comment

This is freaking ridiculous. I lose SkyOne in 2 days!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Your not the only one, I am keep tabs on this anyway, see my thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40585
              sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

What horrible timing. How can they do that? That's just evil.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So long as someone over there in the UK has Sky and uploads the last few eps then I'm cool.

The wonders of the Internet! I get to download and watch these things before they hit on Sci-Fi here in the States because Sci-Fi decided to go all goofy with their programming schedule.

Are we ahead, behind, or even with the UK on Battlestar Galactica? Some of the comments tacked onto the end of SG-1 seem to indicate that you guys are a few eps behind us.

Comment

Ugggh, for me this is a combination of the best and worst birthday present ever...

But, I'm looking forward to this episode, it looks really, really good.
                    My new favorite quote:
                    "Fly Lucius, fly"
                    -Rodney
                    My old favorite:
                    "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                    -Dr. Lee

Comment

10 years of sheer enjoyment, I hope the finally is up to scratch, I want nothing less than an episode up there with the best ones: preferably not a 'Blake's 7' style shoot-out(!)
                      Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

Why all the worry? Friday Mar 2nd, SG1 18/20 is repeated 20:00, as it is every Friday. And again every Saturday along with SGA, 20:00.

ON SKY 2.
                        http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by Leiutenant Bong View Post
                          I know there are many posts/ threads regarding the final episode of SG-1, but i couldn't find a suitable one to post the following in.

I have recently recieved my monthly addition of the SKY magazine. reading through it i noticed this comment about the final SG-1 episode

QOUTE ' The end of an era for Stargate addicts - the alst-ever episode of the longest running sci-fi series airs tonight! (March 13th) Die hard 'Gaters' wanted the show to run forever, but all good things copme to an end. In this final outing, starring Beau Bridges as Major General Hank Landry, SG-1 members travel first 20 and then 40 years ahead to see what their possible futures may be ...'

According to other posts (on other threads) regarding this final episode it sounded as if the SG-1 crew were stranded on a ship for 50 years (not by choice) having to live together and further develop their relationships, but hey presto, they find a reset button.

The above quote makes it sound like the crew decide to time travel to see their futures. Could this mean that they use the 'Puddle Jumper' with the time machine built into it?
                          It depends on which way they are taking it. At the beginning they obviously go by choice to check their future out, however there is probably a malfunction & it leaves them stranded. Only real interesting thing is that if they go to see their future selfs, then shouldn't there be 2 SG-1 teams. The future selfs & the current ones that are jumping into the future.

I think they'll do it in another Moebius type fashion. They'll show an SG-1 team in it for all that time. Then they'll either get the machine working, then jump back into the past again making it not have happened yet, to show the current SG-1 in the SGC.

Or the other one I can think of, they are trapped, then another SG-1 comes in & rescues them.

That will probably be the future of what's in store for them. But in order to continue with the show, they'll obviously need to find a way back to the current SG-1. So they'll either finally fix it, or get out of the field, then jump back, or another SG-1 team will come along & rescue them.

They'll jump back a few mins from the end, then they'll show the final scene in the gateroom with the Stargate.

I don't think it'll be a Puddle Jumper. Can you imagine spending 50 years in one of those? Where's the toilet? Where do you keep the food? How do you stop your 3 buddies from driving you insane?
                          They are stranded on Odyssey. However they could use the PJ to jump ahead. It malfunctions & leaves them stranded on the 304 with no way to get back.

Just as easily, they could take it out & install it on Odyssey. However that's probably not very likely because that would be too advanced for them.

Comment

It's just WRONG!!!

Also, the idea of being in a puddle jumper for 50 years is very unsettling. You couldn't do much other than just look out the window, most likely if you are in space. If you are on the ground, it would make a nice little shack.

Comment

crap, it's 7 days before my birthday
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X