Why are the Ori so scared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the Ori so scared?

This might've been discussed before but..

Why are the Ori so afraid to attack Earth? They have "heard" rumors about the Ancient chair/defense on Earth but havent actually sent a ship to Earth to check out the capabilities of it. I mean, how do they know it even works? Even if the chair did work i doubt a handful of drones could penetrate and destroy more than 2 Ori ships. The Ori ship remember are powered by an unknown power source which has already shown to be very very powerful. You might say the drones are powerful as well but drones were created more than 10,000 year ago and these Ori ships are brand new, sophisticated ships created and designed to destroy the Milky Way, a galaxy whom they know the Ancients reside in.

-Ori have never actually scouted Earth how do they know the antarctic chair is even there or if it even works
    -The chair only has so many drones and cant possibly have enough to take out more then a couple Ori ships.

They aren't afraid of earth they just don't see us a threat. An inconvinence maybe but not a threat.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Earth is, at least by all appearances, the single most populated planet in the Milky Way. There is no evidence against this, and no other civilization except perhaps the Jaffa have even hinted at matching them.

As such, it is a major prize for the Ori to take "intact" (without huge casualties). Perhaps they want to wait until Earth has exhausted its options first.

I also think Earth may have more value than previously hinted at. The Antarctic Outpost may not have been designed to repel the Goa'uld (the thousands of drones were overkill even for Anubis' unheard-of strength Ha'Taks- they were just wiped out of the sky) but rather something more important to the Alterrans.

Comment

Earth may have the most number of followers but the ori most likely don't see them worth going after yet because of the fact they don't have very powerful shps (other than shields). Therefore not really a threat.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The Ori know the humans have aquired many Ancient technology and even inhabit the mighty city of Atlantis. They know the humans study, use and have a fair understanding of Ancient technology. Yes ancient tech is outdated 10,000 years compared to the new Ori ships but those technology alone is a real threat. Especially since the Ori dont know exactly what techology they possess. It just bothers me the how the Ori dont see us as a threat yet they seem to know we have Ancient tech and have a good understanding of them and how they seemed to aquire this information without ever having to scout Earth.

If anything the TO KILL LIST should go:
          -Asgard
          -Humans
          -Jaffa
          -Everyone else

Since they probobly dont know about the Asgard the Humans should be first to go. Yeah the Jaffa have ships but they dont know jack about us except we have ancient tech. Who says we dont have a million ships surrounding Earth?

Not to mention us Humans are the decendents of the Ancients. Seeing as how they hate the Ancients so dearly it would be reasonable to destroy Earth first

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
            1) I mean, how do they know it even works?

2) Even if the chair did work i doubt a handful of drones could penetrate and destroy more than 2 Ori ships.

3) You might say the drones are powerful as well but drones were created more than 10,000 year ago and these Ori ships are brand new, sophisticated ships created and designed to destroy the Milky Way, a galaxy whom they know the Ancients reside in.
            1) I doubt very much that their intelligence gathering is so poor that they would be unaware of an armada of ships commanded by the (at the time) dominant race/person of the galaxy, being wiped out in one fell swoop a mere three years ago.

2) A handful? The chair is fully stocked. We got new drones during Season 9, courtesy of the Atlantis expedition.

3) We've had it driven home time and again that the Ori tech and the Ancient tech are very similar. Besides that, the Ori have been ascended for quite some time and I doubt very much there's too many of them studying new engineering techniques.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And, of course, they don't want to kill us; just make us worship them.

Comment

Well Ancient tech is 10,000 years old but the Ori are religious zealots, not scientists like the Atlerans.

And ascension doesn't make you all knowing, just makes you able to talk confusing

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                  Well Ancient tech is 10,000 years old but the Ori are religious zealots, not scientists like the Atlerans.

And ascension doesn't make you all knowing, just makes you able to talk confusing
                  Just couse some one is RELIGIOUS , Doesnt mean then dont know nothing about technology ... It would make no sence for a Religous group to not want to learn and grow ... Science could just help out in the long run ...

Same with the Ancients , How do we not know they dont belive in something higher ... They must belive in something , or else they wouldnt have wanted to learn how to ascend ... Could be that both sides had a diffrent out look on things , and one side desided to leave and find a new way of living ( Ancients ) ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                    Just couse some one is RELIGIOUS , Doesnt mean then dont know nothing about technology ... It would make no sence for a Religous group to not want to learn and grow ... Science could just help out in the long run ...
                    Ever heard of the Dark Ages? (lol)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

my guess would be because Earth has so many differnt religions that the Ori figure it would be best to concore the peoples with one or no religion first.

That way when they come to Earth and expose the gate they can claim to be the only religion for Earth because all the other peoples in the galaxy worship them.

From a writer's aspect, it would radically change the show if the public knew about the gate and about the Ori. Of course, the show already has been radically changed...so, it wouldn't really matter to me.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                        -Ori have never actually scouted Earth how do they know the antarctic chair is even there or if it even works
                        -The chair only has so many drones and cant possibly have enough to take out more then a couple Ori ships.

Spoilers For The Road Not Taken:
                        Spoiler:
                        The Alternate Universe Earth said they defeated a small fleet of Ori ships using the Chair. This confirms that Drones do work on Ori Ships, though they depleted their supply of drones to defeat the Ori Ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Abx0r View Post
                          Spoilers For The Road Not Taken:
                          Spoiler:
                          The Alternate Universe Earth said they defeated a small fleet of Ori ships using the Chair. This confirms that Drones do work on Ori Ships, though they depleted their supply of drones to defeat the Ori Ships.

Spoiler:
                          that was only one ship if I am correct
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            2) A handful? The chair is fully stocked. We got new drones during Season 9, courtesy of the Atlantis expedition.
                            Where did this come from? The drones in "The Tower" were taken to Atlantis, not Earth.

Vala,

Comment

Earth, like someone has already said is most likely the most populated planet in the milkyway, therefore it's going to be harder to convert than other planets especially considering there are so many religions. I don't believe this nonsense that they're scared of earth or the weapons platform, imo they're just biding their time and building up their forces. Converting a planet is one thing, keeping control is another, they'd need alot of soldiers, priors and bases on earth to keep that control.

Comment

Working...
                              X