PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Novels Site Update

morjana
May 3rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
Just received an e-mail for the Stargate Novels site:

Dear Stargate:SG-1 Fan

We can now reveal the jacket cover for the first (of many!)
Stargate:SG-1 novels. Entitled "Trial by Fire", the first book sees the team embark on a classic adventure to a planet steeped in mythology and superstition.

For a sneak preview of the cover art and a brief synopsis, click into our website and follow the links for Books.

www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml

Many of you were kind enough to give us your thoughts on your favorite SG-1 team members. We were pleased with the range of comments which
included:

Jack O'Neill - humor under pressure, loyal (never leave anyone behind), sexy(!), cool, witty...
Sam Carter - intelligent, resourceful, sexy(!), determined yet
feminine...
Daniel Jackson - brave, intelligent, compassionate, cute, idealistic,
loyal...
Teal'c - loyalty, integrity, ingenuity, leadership and... scary!

More comments can be read at www.stargatenovels.com/stargatesg1.shtml

Thanks to all of you who submitted your comments. We understand that
some people experienced problems in submitting their forms. If your comments have not appeared on the site, please re-submit them or feel free to email them directly to us at comments@stargatenovels.com. We'll also leave the form up on the site for further submissions.

Please feel free to pass this email along to friends and fans who also love Stargate: SG-1. And watch out for future newsletters which will contain more information about Trial by Fire and other forthcoming novels.

With best wishes,
The Stargate Novels team
www.stargatenovels.com

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Tok'Ra Hostess
May 4th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Woo Hoo! Sabine Bauer (Doc) is a terrific author. I'll be ordering her book, for sure!

Congrats, Fandemonium and stargatenovels!

KatG
May 4th, 2004, 07:11 AM
So that's Doc huh? Thought the name sounded familiar. Most excellent news. Can't wait.

sidious618
May 4th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Are these books only going to be available in the UK?

angsty_otaku
May 4th, 2004, 03:06 PM
from the summary, the book really looks like some fanfic i'd find at jackfic >.< oh man... :) *shakes fist* it better be released in the US soon after it's UK release...if not >.< :eek: yeah...

Skydiver
May 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
for those of us in the states....www.amazon.co.uk

or other similar uk retailer, unless you have a friend that'll send them to you

Ugly Pig
May 5th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Looks like they changed the title logo to add a period mark after "SG-1". Looks weird.

Eken95
May 7th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Are these books only going to be available in the UK?

You can buy them from the website. I can't wait to read the first one. Doc is a great writer

erika

Eken95
June 22nd, 2004, 03:13 PM
The first novel is out! I've placed my order.

erika

Just received an e-mail for the Stargate Novels site:

Dear Stargate:SG-1 Fan

We can now reveal the jacket cover for the first (of many!)
Stargate:SG-1 novels. Entitled "Trial by Fire", the first book sees the team embark on a classic adventure to a planet steeped in mythology and superstition.

For a sneak preview of the cover art and a brief synopsis, click into our website and follow the links for Books.

www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml

Many of you were kind enough to give us your thoughts on your favorite SG-1 team members. We were pleased with the range of comments which
included:

Jack O'Neill - humor under pressure, loyal (never leave anyone behind), sexy(!), cool, witty...
Sam Carter - intelligent, resourceful, sexy(!), determined yet
feminine...
Daniel Jackson - brave, intelligent, compassionate, cute, idealistic,
loyal...
Teal'c - loyalty, integrity, ingenuity, leadership and... scary!

More comments can be read at www.stargatenovels.com/stargatesg1.shtml

Thanks to all of you who submitted your comments. We understand that
some people experienced problems in submitting their forms. If your comments have not appeared on the site, please re-submit them or feel free to email them directly to us at comments@stargatenovels.com. We'll also leave the form up on the site for further submissions.

Please feel free to pass this email along to friends and fans who also love Stargate: SG-1. And watch out for future newsletters which will contain more information about Trial by Fire and other forthcoming novels.

With best wishes,
The Stargate Novels team
www.stargatenovels.com

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate

morjana
June 22nd, 2004, 05:38 PM
NEW Stargate Novel for Sale!

Received an e-mail from the Stargate Novels site:

Dear Stargate SG-1 fan:

It's been a long slog - or as Jack O'Neill would say, a "honkin' pain in the Mikta" - but the first new Stargate SG-1 novel has been published and is currently for sale on our website. We're absolutely delighted with it, and hope you will be too.

Go to www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php to order a copy of "Stargate SG-1: Trial by Fire", by Sabine C Bauer.

We're sorry to say that only fans in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa will be able to order the books at this time, due to licensing restrictions. Apologies especially to all the fans in North America who have enquired about the novels. We are looking at ways of bringing the novels to you, and will let you know when we have found an answer.

To celebrate the launch of our first book, we've added a few more resources on the website including a biography of our wonderful author, Sabine. Although it's in the third person (ask your English teacher) it was actually written by her, and it's a wonderful sideways look at a very interesting and diverse career. Click on this link to read it:

www.stargatenovels.com/sabine_c_bauer.shtml

There are more books to come. Our publishing programme includes a further three volumes between now and Christmas, with books coming out in August, October and November, with even more planned for 2005. Keep an eye on the website for further information in the following weeks and months.

A note to bookshop owners: Our books are available wholesale from Gardners Books in the UK - www.gardners.com

That's all for now. We hope you enjoy the new book.

Best regards,
Stargate SG-1 novels team
www.stargatenovels.com
Online shop: www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

tara3583
June 23rd, 2004, 06:32 AM
Ordered mine this morning and was very happy
to read that my book will be with me in 2-3
days!
I've read fiction by Doc and they are a good
read so really looking foreward to this:)

Greesha
June 24th, 2004, 06:44 AM
wait...i know they can't sell the books in the us, but does that mean they can't ship to the us either?

Jafana
June 24th, 2004, 08:13 AM
If you have any problems, I would try amazon.co.uk
it's actually slightly cheaper there as well.

I would imagine its just the company itself that they cant release in the US for some strange reason. but I'm of the understanding that so long as your credit card is ok, you can buy anything from the websites of amazon etc.

Skydiver
June 24th, 2004, 09:17 AM
it's something where they can't sell it in the us, but they can't stop you from buying it elsewhere

I looked on amazon.co.uk

the book is 4.79 pounds, shipping 6.98 pounds (frelling highway robbery) which makes the book ROUGHLY 18 us dollars.

shudder

i found a friend of mine in the uk and asked her send me a copy then i'd pay her since amazon is so ripping folks off on postage

Greesha
June 24th, 2004, 01:31 PM
but there's no problems with the credit card? i mean, they change it from pounds to dollars when they charge you, right?

tara3583
June 25th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Just got my copy and what a fantastic read
it is, SPOILERS

\
\
\
\
\

\
\
\
\
\
\
Professor Kelly likened to Miss Marple! love it
and sparks between her and Jack, oh so funny,
you could just see him wanting to place her as
far away from him as possible:)
Great first book and i'm really looking foreward to the rest.

jantreeuk1
June 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Posted elsewhere as well.
Got the book Thursday and finished reading it today (I do have a full time job as well). I've loved 'Doc's' books in the past although I am a definite Danny whumper fan, her stories are extremely well written and some of the few I will read based around other team members eg Jack getting whumped. This however was definitely team all the way, though Jack was the star, the others had their part to play, helped along by an elderley female archealogist who had some wonderful interplay with the other characters. No ship of any kind except the sea sailing kind! Just a little distant appreciation on Jack's physique which all of us can symapathise with. It is well within cannon, following on nicely from previous episodes and placed early season 7. If you liked Abyss (I won't say more). It cleverly does not change any storyline and can be placed anywhere after Homecoming and before Heroes. An excellent read from start to finish I could find no fault in the writing just the length, can't wait for another I find it difficult to take the PC to bed and can't be bothered to waste paper on ink on fanfics any more so books are the answer.Give it a chance if you have the money.
Jan t

Skydiver
June 26th, 2004, 05:52 PM
but there's no problems with the credit card? i mean, they change it from pounds to dollars when they charge you, right?

yes, they do convert it for you. i've bought region 2 dvd's for years and never had an issue

Skydiver
June 27th, 2004, 05:50 PM
One other thing, for those of us that want the book. if you follow the link here
http://www.gateworld.net/news/productwatch.html#newsitem1088313203,60026,

which is embedded in darren's story, then y ou can not only ordfer the book from amazon.co.uk, but gateworld also gets a little nod for sending folks over there.

you can help out two things, doc's books and gateworld, at the same time

pz1
June 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Congratulations to Sabine. Trial by Fire is a great tribute to stargate. It's snappily written and the characterisation is great. (I am a longtime Doc fan though). I can't wait for more. :) :) The book has filled a long felt need. :)

As one of the few independent bookshops left in the UK ( and a Stargate fanatic ), I would be only too pleased to send the book to anywhere, and for postage, we only charge for stamps (cheaper than Amazon!!). We accept all major Credit cards etc. :D :D ;)

EMail me on carnforthbooks@aol.com for prompt service.

P.S. See you all at wolf SG8 (& wolf 10th anniversary).

furlingirl
August 5th, 2004, 09:33 AM
(Minor spoilers of "Trial by Fire" ...)

I just read "Trial by Fire" by Sabine Bauer and I enjoyed it very much. The book has a little bit of everything: character moments, action/adventure, mythology, and humor. I think she did a particularly good job with the characters and the team interaction. The main focus is on Daniel and Jack. The story takes place after "Abyss" and it deals with the lingering effects of Baal's torture on Jack, as well as Daniel coming to terms with his role in those events. There are some very insightful and emotional scenes.

The mythology and archeology aspects of the story are quite interesting and obviously well researched. The culture they encounter is based on Phoenicia. They take along an old colleague of Daniel's who's described as a cross between Miss Marple and Conan the Librarian. Her interaction with Jack is priceless! :D

I'm looking forward to the next book!