This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian TV Download 'Pirates'

Here's an interesting article posted by the Sydney Morning Herald regarding free-to-air delays in screening overseas shows, and how the public is resorting to what is refered to as 'piracy' by downloading the shows online using torrents. Following the article are a list of comments by the public regarding their opinions of the matter. It interested me muchly that Battlestar Galactica and the Stargate franchise was mentioned quite frequently.

As many Aussies are well aware, Tv screening of these shows is virtually non-existent down under.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives//009937.html
    sigpic

lol, sif BSG or Stargate ever get mentioned in those articles about downloading tv shows...

edit: oh, that's cos they didn't. It was a blog and they were mentioned in the comments.

Comment

I'm not staying up till 1am to watch an episode of Battlestar Galactica. And if channel 10 has a problem with that don't air it in between infomercials.....

Comment

Does it surprise any of us... really...
        Australian tv is sadly lacking unless of course one is a reality tv junkie. The number of reality tv shows on prime time in this country is unbelievable.
        *Sigh* The number of scifi shows that have got the short shift in this country...
        Only the ABC seems to know what to do with Dr Who.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

^ Agreed!

Its a real pitty! Most of these shows are better than anything else on and they get shoved back to a latter time slot just because newer things come on. Then when people refuse to watch because of this late time slot the shows get pushed back even latter (stargate and bsg)! As one of my teachers use to say, "its a vicious circle!"
          sigpic
          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Working...
          X