posible threat for the acients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posible threat for the acients

I have a question if in the shroud ep. sg-1 sent merlins devices through the supergate to destroy the ori couldn't adria wen she came back use the device aboard that ship to destoy the acients too?

This should have some type of spoiler tags in it

Spoiler:
    The description that Daniel gave made it sound like it was a one time detonation. I am guessing it was a one time device that probably burnt out after the initial useage.

Adria though seems to be able to figure out technology very quickly so it could be possible that she can repair the device and use it. I would assume it would only have a limited range though if she could use it again (say a star system).

One question arises though is that if the weapon went off right after going through the gate, then in theory the wave created by the weapon should have some residual effects on our side of the gate. I know people will say there is no way, but don't forget that radiation, radio waves, gravitational effects, etc can be transfered through the incoming gate back to the outgoing gate.

Comment

Good points.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
        Spoiler:
        One question arises though is that if the weapon went off right after going through the gate, then in theory the wave created by the weapon should have some residual effects on our side of the gate. I know people will say there is no way, but don't forget that radiation, radio waves, gravitational effects, etc can be transfered through the incoming gate back to the outgoing gate.
        The gate shut down right after the ship went through.

Comment

I hate those Ori so I hope they don't effect our Ancinets

Spoiler:
          Even though if it did this would explain why no Ancients told them that the device worked
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

^well maybe it took out the ancients aswell

merlin didnt know how the weapon work exactly, so maybe the weapon destroyed all the ascended planes like killing the ori and the ancients and all the othere ascended beings
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              ^well maybe it took out the ancients aswell

merlin didnt know how the weapon work exactly, so maybe the weapon destroyed all the ascended planes like killing the ori and the ancients and all the othere ascended beings
              I doubt it. If this were the case, it wouldn’t have needed to be sent to the Ori galaxy in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                This should have some type of spoiler tags in it

Spoiler:
                The description that Daniel gave made it sound like it was a one time detonation. I am guessing it was a one time device that probably burnt out after the initial useage.

Adria though seems to be able to figure out technology very quickly so it could be possible that she can repair the device and use it. I would assume it would only have a limited range though if she could use it again (say a star system).

the energy was channeled through subspace not through regular space. our ancients should be okay, though it would be nice if a few died because they didnt help us.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

It could be that the device didnt work at all ... Seeing that Merlin didnt have time to make sure the device worked , and seeing that he would have needed an Ancient totry it on in the first place , i dont see how the device would have worked ... At the sametime we never know tell the MOVIE or the end of the series comes out ... We should have mroe info at the end of this series to know what is going on ..

Comment

well the fact that the ancients sent morgan out to watch him and stop him seems like he was headed in the correct direction, hopefully Adria didnt wake up prior to detonation and the device has some anti-tampering device built in. wouldnt make much of a difference if the ori are dead, their followers are who we feared (ships wise, and prior wise too)
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                      It could be that the device didnt work at all ... Seeing that Merlin didnt have time to make sure the device worked , and seeing that he would have needed an Ancient totry it on in the first place , i dont see how the device would have worked ... At the sametime we never know tell the MOVIE or the end of the series comes out ... We should have mroe info at the end of this series to know what is going on ..
                      Well it does state that in the 1st movie
                      Spoiler:
                      we will be dealing with the army of the Ori and going to the home galaxy, now if the Ori are alive still, We would not be able to get into the galaxy without them knowing
                      so it is safe to assume that the weapon worked.
                      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Working...
                      X