Possible weapon against the Ori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible weapon against the Ori?

Haven't seen Talon so if this idea was explored in the episode then just ignore my ramblings.

Okay, so the ancient cloaking device has a set range. But what happens when things get out of range? Do they just re-appear in normal phase? If so SG1 has the ultimate weapon against the Ori...

Put the device on a ship (oh say, the Prometheus), set the cloak range to, I don't know, just around the ship and turn it on.

Now, fly into an Ori mothership (since Prommie is out of phase, this is okay), fire a missile. Here's what should happen: missile flies out of cloak range, phases back in, destroys Ori ship (obviously it has to be aimed at something explosive, like the Prior's dinner), and the best part is, the Prommie gets a front seat view without having to worry about the big fire ball because, they're out of phase and can't be hurt!

Woot!!!

Even if that doesn't work (ie. things out of range don't phase back), they can always phase the whole ship black, fire the missle, the phase out double quick again...

Anyway, just my two cents.

You do realise that Prommy was blown to bits last season?!

Comment

Also carter stated that if anything left the field everything would be brought back so that nothing would be lost in translation and be destroyed/left behind. it was the ep where they cloaked the villiage.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri View Post
        Also carter stated that if anything left the field everything would be brought back so that nothing would be lost in translation and be destroyed/left behind. it was the ep where they cloaked the villiage.

huh?what does it mean in english language?
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          You do realise that Prommy was blown to bits last season?!
          Wasn't Prometheus the class of those ships? But anyway, fine, not Prommie then, say, Apollo.

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri View Post
          Well then in that case, extend the cloak distance to where it would not hurt themselves (or enough distance to account the time to reengage the cloak), then park the ship at the distance where the warhead would exit the field inside the Ori ship...

Comment

just a single error... if they do that Earth is going to be unprotected and the Ori Could atack in that moment
            Hallowed are the Ori !!!
            Follow the path of the Enlightment !
            Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth View Post
              just a single error... if they do that Earth is going to be unprotected and the Ori Could atack in that moment
              Earth has a ZPM and the antarctic chair. Besides, best defense is a strong offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                Wasn't Prometheus the class of those ships? But anyway, fine, not Prommie then, say, Apollo.
                Daedalus class

Comment

GUHHHH STABMYEYESOUT

Prometheus was a X303-class Battle Cruiser
                  Daedalus is a BC-304-class Deep Space Carrier

There will be no more "Prometheus"-class ships. EVER.

Though.. honestly... the most effective weapon against the Ori would be "__________ VS ORI WHO WOULD WIN" threads on a forum. Because then the Ori would lose hope in humanity and just annihilate us all, thus depriving them of worshipers. Heck knows I have, after reading the countless threads started in this fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post

Though.. honestly... the most effective weapon against the Ori would be "__________ VS ORI WHO WOULD WIN" threads on a forum. Because then the Ori would lose hope in humanity and just annihilate us all, thus depriving them of worshipers. Heck knows I have, after reading the countless threads started in this fashion.
                    I know how you're feeling.Are you in the mood to kill someone?:-)
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Lol You gave me an idea. Why don't we just phase cloak the Supergate? Maybe nothing could come through then.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        I know how you're feeling.Are you in the mood to kill someone?:-)
                        ALLLYWAYS

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                          Lol You gave me an idea. Why don't we just phase cloak the Supergate? Maybe nothing could come through then.
                          I don't think it would stop something coming through, If it were out of phase I think it would though...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            I don't think it would stop something coming through, If it were out of phase I think it would though...
                            Phase cloaking is taking it out of phase, meaning to any gate attempting to dial in the gate wouldnt even exist so I believe that phase cloaking the supergate would stop all incoming trafic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                              Earth has a ZPM and the antarctic chair. Besides, best defense is a strong offense.
                              They could probaley fight off a single Ori ship using drones but if a fleet of them came for Earth then no amount of drones is going to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X