When Carter is away SG-1 comes out to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Carter is away SG-1 comes out to play

In the episode Bad Guys SG-1 goes on their first mission without a person like Carter to watch their backs & they ended up taking hostages.

What else do you think SG-1 would do without Carter ?
    Last edited by Starxgate; 18 February 2007, 05:41 PM.

Start a prositution ring--I'm sure Vala would have some insight to that...nevermind.

It seems to me that without Carter they flounder more.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

It was a great episode, even with no Sam.
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

SG1 are total noobs without Carter. SG1 works best when everyone is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
          In the episode Bad Guys SG-1 goes on their first mission without a person like Carter to watch their backs & they ended up taking hostages.

What else do you think SG-1 would do without Carter ?
          The same things they did without Carter during the first 6 episodes of Season 9 -- Daniel the Pure runs the show.

Carter isn't needed all the time. I've noticed that Daniel the all-knowing seems able to decipher not only ancient language hieroglyphs but also mechanics associated with ancient artifacts. Vala made the Stargate operational.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
            The same things they did without Carter during the first 6 episodes of Season 9 -- Daniel the Pure runs the show.

Carter isn't needed all the time. I've noticed that Daniel the all-knowing seems able to decipher not only ancient language hieroglyphs but also mechanics associated with ancient artifacts. Vala made the Stargate operational.

Does this indicate that I am not alone in my dislike of Dr Daniel *Supewhewo* Jackson being the only one smart enough, pretty enough, intelligent enough, courageous enough, omnipotent enough, omniscient enough through the seasons to be the only one who can defeat the super villains?

I did like this episode. Had Carter been in the ep then she would have been able to technobabble that Stargate into working before SG1 was discovered and then there wouldn't have been an ep. It was a nice team ep that no one member had all the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
              Does this indicate that I am not alone in my dislike of Dr Daniel *Supewhewo* Jackson being the only one smart enough, pretty enough, intelligent enough, courageous enough, omnipotent enough, omniscient enough through the seasons to be the only one who can defeat the super villains?

I did like this episode. Had Carter been in the ep then she would have been able to technobabble that Stargate into working before SG1 was discovered and then there wouldn't have been an ep. It was a nice team ep that no one member had all the answers.
              The answer would be a difinitive YES -- Although the question of who is smarter, Carter or Jackson, is moot since they both succumb to an attack of the stupids with alarming frequency. The writers have endowed Vala with both mechanical and devious abilities that outstrip both of those characters so, who needs 'em?

The episode was entertaining even with Daniel's rendition of O'Neill snark.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                SG1 are total noobs without Carter. SG1 works best when everyone is there.
                No, what ur saying is more like SG1 is better if Carter's there, not everyone.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

When Carter is away SG-1 comes out to play....much better!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                    No, what ur saying is more like SG1 is better if Carter's there, not everyone.
                    Or I could be saying exactly what I wrote.

Comment

I like it when they are all toghether but it usually is done well with a member or two missing and it worked out fine again in this great ep.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

All Carter if good for is techno babble and fixing the odd peice of tech, her character is useful in terms of the story but that's about it imo, the writers made her too perfect and ultimatly really bland, this might of been avoided if there were some female writers to lend a hand...
                        Last edited by jenks; 20 February 2007, 02:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I like it when they are all toghether but it usually is done well with a member or two missing and it worked out fine again in this great ep.
                          I totally agree. The rest of SG-1 managed just fine in this one without Carter.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            The rest of SG-1 managed just fine in this one without Carter.
                            Would they have got into the mess in the first place if she'd been there? Probably.
                            Yeah, I enjoyed the absence of Carter and having the other team members work it out for themselves for a change.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

To be honest, I liked it when Vala was having trouble with the naquada reactor (or whatever it was) and Daniel said they should have brought someone who knows what they're doing as far as those things are concerned. To me it sounded like he was referring to Sam or someone like Sam.... which sounds like he's conceding that she has some worth to the team. It was refreshing to hear that for a change.

(yes, this post does contain some sarcasm... if you hate Carter I'm sorry if I offended you)

Comment

Working...
                              X