Dominion Pre-Air Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dominion Pre-Air Speculation

Hey, I've been thinking about Dominion and what MB said about her character.

Does anyone else think that she
    Spoiler:
    might gain the knowledge to Ascend? I mean she IS very high on the evolution ladder... no doubt more powerful than the Doci, Priors, Khalek, super-Rodney, and most of the pre-ascension Ancients (at least from what we've seen).

But if she does Ascend on her own, it'll put her in contact with the Ancients and the Others due to her location in the Milky Way. Maybe it takes the ascended Ancients to show her the light and she changes sides?

Maybe then she then helps SG1 to look for the Ark of Truth. Redeeming herself from the massacre that she commited, by making the humans on the Alteran (Ori/Ancient) home galaxy to stop worshipping the Ori?
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

I don't think Adria would get the power to ascend.

She's been taught all about Origin, but not the truth about the Orii so I can't see the Orii allowing her to ascend because in the end, she's just a spokes person for the Orii. She wouldn't have been allowed in the galaxy with her powers and her intentions. She above all others is the biggest threat, as she's practically invunerable and can't be stopped by the Ancients because she was born to a MW woman, in the MW.

The Orii don't want to share power, even if it's for someone as powerful as her because in the end, the Orii couldn't come to the galaxy to create a replacement.

sigpic

Comment

Nah... she won't ascend. I imagine in the end she will just die... and Vala will be the one to have to kill her.

Comment

Adria is Ori, she isn't just a spokes person, she is an actual child of the Ori, their daughter. And, given all that she has been able to do so far, she should already be able to ascend, so if she acquires the knowledge she will ascend. If it is possible for someone to prevent someone from ascending, I'd have to rethink the Ancient/Prior interaction.

Comment

I doubt she will "see the light", however it is possible that the others push her back down and wipe her memories clean.

Comment

she won't ascend, what's the point of that, she was created as an emasary to the ori in the MW galaxy, that's why she's here and here she'll stay and do her evil bidding.

Comment

well the ancients state somewhere that a person can ascend in their own free will with out any help from another ascended being, the acients wont stop her from ascending but i assume what they did to anubis like decending him down they do to adria but without being stuck halfway
              sigpic

Comment

but its been stated that the Ori don't allow their followers to ascend, so there is most likely a kill switch if she tries.

Besides I doubt she has the mental component to ascend, all that truth and compassion stuff.

Comment

say one of the ori descended, and went to the MW. Then say they reascended in the MW. Would the ancients allow them to stay ascended or will they destroy him or her? hmm? Because whatever they'd do to that Ori would be the same thing they'd do to Adria.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I dob't think the Ancietns would let her ascend.
                    Or, if she does... she's stuck. It's better for ehr not to ascend ebcause if she does she has to follow the Acneints' rules.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      I dob't think the Ancietns would let her ascend.
                      Or, if she does... she's stuck. It's better for ehr not to ascend ebcause if she does she has to follow the Acneints' rules.
                      I was under the impression that at a certain level of evolution, the "Others" cannot prevent someone from ascending naturally. However, they can stifle someone's actions while on the ascended plane. It seems like the only person to be forcibly descended was Daniel, and he didn't get their naturally.

Certainly, the others can punish, combat, or intervene against other ascended beings on the ascended plane. And keep in mind that it also takes collective action to enforce. However, in Oma's case, she could at least "cancel out" another ascended (Anubis) through a sort of self-sacrificing perpetual battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                        Hey, I've been thinking about Dominion and what MB said about her character.

Does anyone else think that she
                        Spoiler:
                        might gain the knowledge to Ascend? I mean she IS very high on the evolution ladder... no doubt more powerful than the Doci, Priors, Khalek, super-Rodney, and most of the pre-ascension Ancients (at least from what we've seen).

But if she does Ascend on her own, it'll put her in contact with the Ancients and the Others due to her location in the Milky Way. Maybe it takes the ascended Ancients to show her the light and she changes sides?

Maybe then she then helps SG1 to look for the Ark of Truth. Redeeming herself from the massacre that she commited, by making the humans on the Alteran (Ori/Ancient) home galaxy to stop worshipping the Ori?
                        Spoiler:
                        I dunno, Super-Rodney was pretty powerful. . .

Comment

It seems Adria knows the truth of the Ori, that they only want power and dont ascend their believers. If she knows that then she'd probably be pissed to know that she wont be allowed to ascend, and in the event that she is killed seeing her ascend would probably be a very big moral booster to her crusaders.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            It seems Adria knows the truth of the Ori, that they only want power and dont ascend their believers. If she knows that then she'd probably be pissed to know that she wont be allowed to ascend, and in the event that she is killed seeing her ascend would probably be a very big moral booster to her crusaders.
                            I'm thinking that either she believes that she will get to ascend or has made peace with the fact that she live out the rest of her life naturally.

Comment

I don't think she would ascend, simply because it wouldn't be a good choice.

Spoiler:

With the Ori dead, her only real goal now is to destroy the Ancients, and the only way she would be able to do that would be to create a new order of ascended beings, but only after she has secured the new galaxy.

It wasn't easy for the Ori to make her, that was pushing the lines of the rulebook, so for her to ascend would just make her useless as well as quite possibly vulnerable to the Ancients.

She can do a lot more if she conquers the galaxy (which she's well on her way in doing).

Comment

Working...
                              X