X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Film Quotes (QUIZ)

Hey All

I noticed in the past few years that SG-1 and SGA have made loads of Quotes or Reference about other Sci-Fi Show's and Movies

A few recent examples of these would be

SGA Submersion (3x18) Sheppard quotes the Movie 'The Abyss'

SGA Vengeance (3x19) Colonel Sheppard references the movie 'Alien' during a scene with a creature that somewhat resembles those in the Alien series

SG-1 Prometheus Unbound (8x12) Daniel is made reference to Star wars by calling himself Ands Olo. (Han Solo)

SG-1 Fail Safe (5x17) Jack makes a comment like 'I've seen this Movie' possibly making reference to Armageddon where they have 'kind of' the same plot. Blow up an meteorite heading for earth.

For each Quote or Reference about other Movies and Shows, I’m sure there are millions of Star Trek ones and Star Wars ones and I’ve even heard a Fire Fly reference where Teac’l says ‘Wormhole Extreme’ was made into a Film after it was cancelled after 1 session. Just like Fly Fire!

NOW I’M NOT TOO SURE IF I’M ALLOWED TO DO THIS BUT…………………………

I will add to your Reputation. The little green box(s) under the number of posts you have made. If I’m allowed that it.
    This is a quiz after all.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

If you are just looking for references,

Teal'c and Oneill bring Star Wars to carter, and Teal'c mentions seeing it 9 times in Ascension (5-3)

In Crusade (9-19) Teal'c referes to Darth Vader as someone who was born of a mother that was "impregnated without copulation."

In 1-05 The First Commandment, O'Neill says "Well, were off to see the wizard." and later "to, oz"
    Last edited by Randy_Watson; 13 February 2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

in one film Mitchell mentions starship troopers, it could be season 9 or 10
      sigpic

Comment

In Unnatural Selection O'neill states that he wanted the Prometheus to be called "The Enterprise", obvious Star Trek reference
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          In Unnatural Selection O'neill states that he wanted the Prometheus to be called "The Enterprise", obvious Star Trek reference
          I just LOVE that quote!

And from "Before I sleep":

McKAY: Well, according to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, there's nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you -- you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time.

SHEPPARD: Not to mention a really nice DeLorean.

McKAY: Don't even get me started on that movie!

SHEPPARD: I liked that movie!
          Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
          (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
            I just LOVE that quote!

McKAY: Well, according to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, there's nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you -- you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time.

what about when they find out about the jumper what went back in time (season 1) and i think makay says it must have had an extra component and Shepard say " yeah Flux Capasiter"
            sigpic

Comment

All the billion times Jack has mentioned or made a reference to the Simpsons And of course he named his boat Homer

And the latest I can think of... Daniel in Bounty

"... if it wasn't for us meddling kids" (from Scooby Doo)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
                I just LOVE that quote!

From that same Episode, McKay refers to the Flux Capacitor as providing the time travel capabilities to the puddle jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
                  All the billion times Jack has mentioned the Simpsons And of course he named his boat Homer

And the latest I can think of... Daniel in Bounty

"... if it wasn't for us meddling kids" (from Scooby Doo)
                  when they get brain washed and are working in the mine and jack remembers hammond as homer
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                    when they get brain washed and are working in the mine and jack remembers hammond as homer
                    Yeah... and in Lost City they have a whole discussion about Simpsons

Comment

Id4 In Politics:

Daniel: " Senator, we have reason to believe that the Goa'uld are about to launch an attack, through force, in ships."
                      Kinsey: "Then I think they will regret, taking on the United States Military."
                      Jack: "Oh for Gods sake."
                      Daniel: "Oh, oh you're right, well just upload a computer virus in to the mother ship."

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                        Id4 In Politics:

Daniel: " Senator, we have reason to believe that the Goa'uld are about to launch an attack, through force, in ships."
                        Daniel: "Oh, oh you're right, well just upload a computer virus in to the mother ship."

hee hee i remember that!!!!! that was the very 1st season wasn't it
                        sigpic

Comment

Id4 In Politics:

Wow, I love that reference to Independence Day!!!

Comment

GOD I LOVE STARGATE
                            sigpic

Comment

Here are the actual quotes of some of my favourites:

Teal'c and Oneill bring Star Wars to carter, and Teal'c mentions seeing it 9 times in Ascension (5-3)
                              O’NEILL: We brought pizzas and a movie.
                              TEAL’C: Star Wars.
                              O’NEILL: He’s seen it, what eight times?
                              TEAL’C: Nine.
                              O’NEILL: Nine times. If TEAL’C likes it, it’s gotta be ok.
                              CARTER: You’ve never seen Star Wars?
                              O’NEILL: Well, you know me and sci-fi.

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              O'NEILL: They didn't go for it.
                              CARTER: They didn't approve the mission?
                              O'NEILL: No, they did that, once they knew the stakes and the whole "fate of the universe" stuff. Both the president and Hammond realized we have no choice. He sends good luck, godspeed, and all those things he says when he thinks we're going to die.
                              CARTER: So, what didn't they go for?
                              O'NEILL: The name I suggested.
                              CARTER: For the ship.
                              O'NEILL: Yeah.
                              CARTER: Yeah. Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise.
                              O'NEILL: Why not?
                              CARTER: The code name for the project is Prometheus. What’s wrong with that?
                              O'NEILL: It’s a Greek tragedy. Who wants that?

Comment

Working...
                              X