This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lost Room

Thoughts and discussion- Part I airs tonight on Sci-fi in the states and SPACE channel in Canada!

I've really been looking forward to this mini- I think Peter Krause is a great actor (from what I've seen of "Six Feet Under"), and I'm looking forward to seeing what he's like in another role. I also really like the premise of the room and the objects, hopefully it will live up to expectations.

So many people have seemed to watch it!

Comment

To my surprise, I thought the first part was very good. The premise is rather cool. Looking forward to tomorrow night’s ep.

I want that key.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

That was pretty cool- that key...wow, would LOVE to have that, except for the whole people-coming-after-you-to-kill-you-part.

Those were a solid two hours, they flew by pretty quickly- the premise definitly worked well, can't wait for tomorrow's installment.

Proving that sci-fi can put on some great programming, why can't they do more stuff like this.....

Comment

I was looking forward to this but was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.

I thought it was above average for a SCIFI original and was really well written.

Totally looking forward to the rest of it. A great premise with all the 'objects' and their interactions.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I wasn't able to pay attention to it last night so I'm going to watch it again right now. I love the concept.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I missed parts while helping my son with some homework but I liked what I saw. Gonna watch the rerun of Part. 1 tonight at 7:00 p.m.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
                I was looking forward to this but was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.

I thought it was above average for a SCIFI original and was really well written.

Totally looking forward to the rest of it. A great premise with all the 'objects' and their interactions.
                It is- and I read somewhere (therefore, no idea if this is accurate or not) that if the ratings for the mini are good enough, that it could return as a weekly show.

Comment

Ok. I've watched it and I agree. It was definitely worth viewing. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    It is- and I read somewhere (therefore, no idea if this is accurate or not) that if the ratings for the mini are good enough, that it could return as a weekly show.

See...i can see this being great episodic tv.

Might not have a really long life cycle, but I assume we'll be left with many objects in the room unexplored and a lot of back story on the two (or more) factions left to be discovered.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ

Comment

Pretty decent, reminded me alot of Sapphire & Steel.
                      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
                        See...i can see this being great episodic tv.

Might not have a really long life cycle, but I assume we'll be left with many objects in the room unexplored and a lot of back story on the two (or more) factions left to be discovered.
                        I agree- I think this could make a great three-five abreviated season show- about thirteen episodes per season, would be really ideal. There's a lot of potential here, and I think this is the best way for Sci-fi to test-drive new shows. Make a couple of solid mini-series each year, and if there is something there, if the viewers respond, look to build a show on it. Look how Battlestar turned out. I think this is a programming model that could really work well for them.

And I just love a good mini.

Comment

Well last night's ep was equal to the first.

The story moved righ along and it was all hooks right up to the final revalation about the Prime Object.

Can't wait for tonite.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ

Comment

I like it - lots of twists and turns, but I hope we get some resolution to it, at least an explanation of just what DID happen in 1961. I know there is talk of possibly turning this into a series but I think that would get too frustrating and never end, like X-Files.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              I like it - lots of twists and turns, but I hope we get some resolution to it, at least an explanation of just what DID happen in 1961. I know there is talk of possibly turning this into a series but I think that would get too frustrating and never end, like X-Files.
                              I agree.

Whether this goes episodic or not, I'd like to see a definate explanation/end to this particular story.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ

Comment

Working...
                              X