Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spoilers: how did the LA get so advanced .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers: how did the LA get so advanced .

where the hell did all this tech come from not even the gould had some of this stuff .

there using there own energy weapons .
    they have the same sort of tech that the foothold alien use .
    cargo ships with energy weapons .
    advanced personal shields.
    asguard beams on all there cargo ships .
    the modified gould ring laser .
    advanced sensors and raidioactive tagging .
    the space train .

They steal stuff. Simple.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think you can rationalize this by thinking that the Gou'ald are by nature quite content with the status quo and not advancing their tech. They stole their tech from long before and with the exception of Ba'al don't care much to improve that. The Lucian Alliance has the resiliance of humans fighting for survival for years so the way they steal techs are much different from that of the small serpent kind.
      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

some of the stuff mentioned was actually tech the bounty hunters used so it wasn't developed my the lucian alliance...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the bounty hunters didnt work for the L.A netan said there would be a huge reward of killing sg-1

the L.A are mainly just thugs who have motherships and rule planets
          sigpic

Comment

It's not a matter of the Lucian Alliance being more advanced, it's a matter of just never seeing the technology.

The Goa'uld would have no need for cargo ships with weapons, the holographic technology could have belong to the bounty hunter's race. We've never seen the Goa'uld doing cargo transfers so the Al'kesh train just never needed to be seen and not be a technological marvel and if SG1 were causing trouble, the Goa'uld knew exactly who to blame, and couldn't do anything about it anyway.

Apart from being thugs, they don't exactly rule planets because they are nothing but drug dealers who using their plants to gain control of people.
            Last edited by SaberBlade; 10 February 2007, 10:05 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              the holographic technology could have belong to the bounty hunter's race
              If we are thinking about the same holographic technology used in the episode with the train, then it is actually

Spoiler:
              earth based technology used by Sam Carter just before the bounty hunter tried to shoot her. She also stated at some point can't quite remember when, that the technology is based on asgard tech. Sg-1 actually took the holographic tech with them onto the bounty hunters ship
              sigpic

Comment

Let's use logic here:

Most of the LA guys are mercenaries and traders, therefore, they're trusted with a lot of cargo. With the galaxy the way it is, chances are a lot of that cargo is made up of weapons.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leiutenant Bong View Post
                  If we are thinking about the same holographic technology used in the episode with the train, then it is actually

Spoiler:
                  earth based technology used by Sam Carter just before the bounty hunter tried to shoot her. She also stated at some point can't quite remember when, that the technology is based on asgard tech. Sg-1 actually took the holographic tech with them onto the bounty hunters ship
                  I know that, but it's not that holographic technology I was talking about. It's the hologram technology which the alien used to appear as a human I was talking about, something like the Foothold alien technology.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Let's use logic here:

Most of the LA guys are mercenaries and traders, therefore, they're trusted with a lot of cargo. With the galaxy the way it is, chances are a lot of that cargo is made up of weapons.

Seems pretty simple to me.
                    That and they are smuglers who steal stuff. So in that respect they are very simialr to the Goa'uld, they steal technology from other races.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X