Vala's Father (Family Ties Speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's Father (Family Ties Speculation)

Wouldn't this guy have to be, oh, say, hundreds of years old? We must recall that Vala spent quite some while as a host to a Goa'uld... So, how is this possible, that he's still around? Unless he was Goa'ulded, too...

This bothered me when I heard about it aswell. Are we sure she spent 100's of years and wasn't say, just taken for 10 or something? Otherwise, I hope it's addressed and not ignored in the ep.

Comment

I don't know either but BTW didn't the actor who plays him die very recently?
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Wasn't it like that she wsa only Goa'Uld for a few years?

And did we see hre father before? I cannot remember

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
          I don't know either but BTW didn't the actor who plays him die very recently?
          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0929609/

fred willard is still alive

Comment

Very pleased to hear it, must've been thinking of someone else.
            sigpic

Comment

They've never mentioned how long Vala was a host for - the only particularly detailed descriptions about it were in Prometheus Unbound and Avalon, but she wasn't mention it. (she knew Baal, too - Insiders)

Comment

to be a host of a gouald and have a war agansinst baal must of taken years since she was taking territory and that
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  to be a host of a gouald and have a war agansinst baal must of taken years since she was taking territory and that
                  she was probably a host for about 10 years and her father is probably in his 60's or 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
                    she was probably a host for about 10 years and her father is probably in his 60's or 70's.
                    Thats what I figured. She was a goa'uld for 10 or so years not 100 or more. I like Fred Willard and am really looking forward to this. Should be fun.
                    Last edited by Mitchell82; 11 February 2007, 03:20 PM.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

She cant have been a host for long or the she would have died from the addiction to sarcophagus, this was established with Apophis aging when he requested asylum on Earth.

Comment

Apophis started aging rapidly once he was off the sarcophagus for a while. Presumably, any of the anti-aging effects her time as a Goa'uld would have worn off.

Comment

Ok, we should be able to work it out from the ep where Vala returned to the planet she ruled over as Qetesh (sp?). There must be some references to how long she was their goddess. Off to do a bit of research now, back later.

EDIT:

From Omnipedia: Vala was once host to the Goa'uld Qetesh, who ruled over her world. Ten years ago the Tok'ra incited a rebellion on her world and the Goa'uld was overthrown, according to her story. Vala, as its host, was tortured and beaten by her former subjects. But the Tok'ra took pity on her, as a helpless host, and removed the symbiote and nursed her back to health.

Not many dates there, or in the episode summary. Vala was de-Goaulded 10 years ago but as to how long she was a host, no mention.
                          Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 12 February 2007, 09:17 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                            Ok, we should be able to work it out from the ep where Vala returned to the planet she ruled over as Qetesh (sp?). There must be some references to how long she was their goddess. Off to do a bit of research now, back later.

EDIT:

From Omnipedia: Vala was once host to the Goa'uld Qetesh, who ruled over her world. Ten years ago the Tok'ra incited a rebellion on her world and the Goa'uld was overthrown, according to her story. Vala, as its host, was tortured and beaten by her former subjects. But the Tok'ra took pity on her, as a helpless host, and removed the symbiote and nursed her back to health.

Not many dates there, or in the episode summary. Vala was de-Goaulded 10 years ago but as to how long she was a host, no mention.
                            Well also from what we know she wasnt a host long but long enough to be scarred by it.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This looks like it's going to be a great ep, I just hope Sci Fi don't mess it up:

# "The final scene may surprise some viewers, but only if the network leaves it in. I don't want to oversell it, but it is perhaps the greatest final scene in the history of Stargate." — Paul Mullie, TV Zone Special #74, January 2007.
                              # Concerning the final scene: "Can’t say much about the scene in question. Suffice it to say, the episode has a few “topical references”. When I wrote the scene, I assumed someone would insist I lose it. As it turned out, nobody objected (because, I suspect, they were too busy to notice and figured someone else would get around to objecting for them). Can’t say more." — Joseph Mallozzi, Personal Blog, January 21, 2007.

Comment

Working...
                              X