X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V For Vendetta

V For Vendetta

There is a single word to describe this movie: GREAT. Yes I said great. I finally saw this movie Saturday night and I was left in awe. The film is an amazing feat of great story, the single best action sequence I have ever seen (the amazing slow-motion massacring of guards towards the end of the film), a chillng and all too plausibleplausible storyline, and some terrific special effects. How did this film not recieve a single Academy Award nomination?!? How could they snubb a film like this! This isn't just an action film. There's so much depth to this film that it transcends that genre into something darker, uglier, grittier, and even more real. Not to mention this could be my new favorite film of all-time!

10/10

timdalton007

You can use the search function and find that we already have a discussion thread for this.

Comment

I thought it was a totally transparent political diatribe, accompanied by pro-terrorism messages and the implication that the government, espcially ANY right wing government is worse than a nutjob terrorist maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
        V For Vendetta

There is a single word to describe this movie: GREAT. Yes I said great. I finally saw this movie Saturday night and I was left in awe. The film is an amazing feat of great story, the single best action sequence I have ever seen (the amazing slow-motion massacring of guards towards the end of the film), a chillng and all too plausibleplausible storyline, and some terrific special effects. How did this film not recieve a single Academy Award nomination?!? How could they snubb a film like this! This isn't just an action film. There's so much depth to this film that it transcends that genre into something darker, uglier, grittier, and even more real. Not to mention this could be my new favorite film of all-time!

10/10

timdalton007
        It has become my favorite film of all time, that's for sure. Kuddos to the creators of this magnificent picture. Hugo Weaving owns the stage in this film, with even more memorable quotes than Shakespeare's oevre taken together. V is a walking quote-book.

Natalie Portman is not only hot, but also plays her character wonderfully. A LOT of character development to be found too.

In fact, all of the actors in V did a very good job. I was totally convinced.

And the theme, imo, is something very close to all of us. You don't have to see the film as propaganda per se. Remember that it was based on a comic book series. But the history behind it - Guy Fawkes trying to blow op Parliament - is 100% true. The poem "Remember, remember the Fifth of November" is also an existing poem. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta_%28film%29 and similar pages if you're interested in all this.

Needless to say, I loved every minute of this movie. I can't imagine people not liking it. Very powerful film. *bows*
        => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

I love this movie so much that if it were Jennifer Ellison then I would have no problem with giving her a baby.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

omg I just watched it again, the the scene where he first meets Evey is hysterical lol
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Definitely a great movie. I've watched it several times.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here comes the crescendo...!
                Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                - Serenity

Comment

Working...
                X