Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible "Shroud" mistake

Is it just me, or is this detail about the episode "Shroud" wrong:

Daniel asks the team to shut down the supergate so he can open a worm hole to the Ori galaxy......BUT A WORMHOLE WAS ALREADY OPENED TO THE ORI GALAXY FROM THE EPISODE "THE PEGASUS PROJECT" IN ORDER TO BLOCK ANY MORE SHIPS FROM COMING THROUGH!!!!

Any thoughts?

nope.Wormhole was opened from Pegasus galaxy(normal gate close to event horizon of some Black hole) to the Milky Way supergate
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I just watched it again and heard Jack give the order to the Deadallus:
      "shut down the gate"

Thanks

Comment

What do you think woud hepen if let's sey dedalus woud enter the super gate? The gate on the other side is a bit smaller? Sry if this has ben asked before.

Comment

They'd have a supergate on the other end. Unless the Ori galaxy is filled with lego people...

Comment

Originally posted by v3v3rca View Post
            What do you think woud hepen if let's sey dedalus woud enter the super gate? The gate on the other side is a bit smaller? Sry if this has ben asked before.
            Well, for one thing, I doubt the daedalus crew would be stupid enough to do that, mainly because one, the gate in pegasus is smaller and two, they'd come out extremely close to a black hole.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I was yust giving dedalus as and example. What i was asking is what woud hepend with something big that woud enter super gate with ordinary gates on the oder side.

Comment

1) The intial connection from TPP was from Pegasus to Milky Way, with Pegasus side being near a blakhole.

2) If something enters a gate as one size, it remains the same size when it exits, regardless of gate size (See Season 5's Ascension or the Tollan Stargate)

3)If any ship were to travel the now-terminated extensino from Pegasus to Milky Way, they would first have to fly in the accretion disk of the black hole, and most likely be unable to escape the gravity well of the black hole.

Comment

It does raise an intersting question though. You would hope that two stargates could not connect unless they were of equal diameter (to prevent such a problem). And that may well be true under normal circumstances, but as has often happened, SG-1 "broke the rules" by using two normal stargates, creating a power spike, and forcing the wormhole to jump to the supergate (a tactic that has proven useful so often). For being just a neat "budget-saving" episode during the First Season, "Solitudes" has made a huge impact on the series in so many ways.

I would think that using a normal gate to exit through a supergate would not cause a problem (despite the oddity of it all). After all, Orlin was able to use a smaller gate to transit to a normal gate in Season Five's "Ascension." And presumably it would not be possible to use a supergate to connect to a normal gate since a normal gate probably could not handle receiving the tremendous power all at once.

But that makes one wonder, where was Sam going to dial out to in Season Nine's "Camelot"? Maybe a supergate can dial a normal gate, but that certainly seems like it would create a few problems. Maybe Sam was going to dial the Ori Galaxy's supergate.
                  Last edited by dubya83; 03 February 2007, 12:06 PM. Reason: Quick change

Comment

Originally posted by dubya83 View Post
                    But that makes one wonder, where was Sam going to dial out to in Season Nine's "Camelot"? Maybe a supergate can dial a normal gate, but that certainly seems like it would create a few problems. Maybe Sam was going to dial the Ori Galaxy's supergate.

I think they were planning to dial the Ori Supergate before they could dial into ours. This seems the most likely for a number of reasons.

1. They would not necessarily know if a Supergate can dial a normal gate and did not have time to try out the theory.

2. The gate address for the Ori Supergate would presumably already be stored in the dialling computer of the MW Supergate so they would just have to tell it to dial an address that is already in its memory rather than having to program in a new address for a normal gate which may not work anyway.

3. It would stop the Ori from just being able to build another Supergate in the MW. With both Supergates connected, they would have to build a new Supergate on their end also which would take more time than just having to build the segments for one Supergate and sending them to the MW.

4. If they managed to get hold of Merlin's weapon they would already have a path open to the Ori Galaxy to use it.

If anyone has any other reasons for why they were dialling the Ori Supergate (or not), please add.

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta View Post
                      They'd have a supergate on the other end. Unless the Ori galaxy is filled with lego people...
                      lol, yes the ori galaxy is a bunch of Liliputian people from Gulliver's Travels.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I was yust giving dedalus as and example. What i was asking is what woud hepend with something big that woud enter super gate with ordinary gates on the oder side.
                        The gate would probably store it in it's buffer and delete it once it's dialed again. Either way, I doubt they'd come out

Comment

There was an episode (season nine i think) where anubis experiment to create an army or what ever to ascend and fight the anicents, in which the gate redirected carter i believe back to the gate room, prehaps the supergate is programmed to send something back if its to big to get out the other gate. Personally it would be a bit stupid if it didn't as you'd be killed, or stuck in the gates buffer until it was used again and your pattern overwritten.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                            I think they were planning to dial the Ori Supergate before they could dial into ours. This seems the most likely for a number of reasons.

1. They would not necessarily know if a Supergate can dial a normal gate and did not have time to try out the theory.

2. The gate address for the Ori Supergate would presumably already be stored in the dialling computer of the MW Supergate so they would just have to tell it to dial an address that is already in its memory rather than having to program in a new address for a normal gate which may not work anyway.

3. It would stop the Ori from just being able to build another Supergate in the MW. With both Supergates connected, they would have to build a new Supergate on their end also which would take more time than just having to build the segments for one Supergate and sending them to the MW.

4. If they managed to get hold of Merlin's weapon they would already have a path open to the Ori Galaxy to use it.

If anyone has any other reasons for why they were dialling the Ori Supergate (or not), please add.
                            Those are the most logical unfortunatly it failed big time.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This is probably going to make no sense since I am tired and can't think straight anymore, so please feel free to help me along . But I just assumed that Daniel gave them the correct dialing co-ordinates if they needed them. I also guessed that the MW supergate was connected to another supergate in the Ori galaxy because they/the priors/their armies were planning to (and did) send the Ori fleet through (S9). And those ships weren't going to fit through a 'regular' sized gate anyway. Are my ramblings making any sense? If not, my apologies
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X