What if the Ori are NOT evil? Spoilers 10x13 and 10x14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the Ori are NOT evil? Spoilers 10x13 and 10x14

So we heard Tobin try to tell the Prior that the book of Origin did not say the village in the example was destroyed, but "embraced".

What if it's not the Ori, but the priors who are evil?

If the Ori wrote the book of Origin and the book doesn't contain any violent things, but the priors read and preach them as violent, what if?

(funny , I searched for "ori not evil" and it didn't find a single result )

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=ori+are+good

I searched for "Ori are Good" and there are results xD
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Uhh.. yeah... Adria, who has an Ori embedded in her, is just as violent if not worse.

Plus, their whole concept of promising ascension, but giving none is pretty dubious.

So why again are you questioning?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        Uhh.. yeah... Adria, who has an Ori embedded in her, is just as violent if not worse.

Plus, their whole concept of promising ascension, but giving none is pretty dubious.

you're right.But the Ancients aren't better.They care only about themselves.If the Ori are really gone, the should help us and destroy Adria and her armies.I doubt they will...
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
          Isn't it the point of the show to question things? There are shades of gray everywhere; the only absolute in Stargate is the concept of free will.

Comment

Apparently we're more than a match for her.

Comment

well merlin said they started off with the best intentions, the power just went to their heads (or flames) and they themselves forgot about what they initially tried to do and got all holier than thou, at least thats the way i see it, which is why the ori probably arent dead and we didnt see a wibble effect to denote such a thing so they're probably going to be shown the light as it were in the Ark of Truth movie film.
              To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                So we heard Tobin try to tell the Prior that the book of Origin did not say the village in the example was destroyed, but "embraced".

What if it's not the Ori, but the priors who are evil?

If the Ori wrote the book of Origin and the book doesn't contain any violent things, but the priors read and preach them as violent, what if?

(funny , I searched for "ori not evil" and it didn't find a single result )
                Lol! Who made the Priors, who gave them their powers. Who appeared to Vala & impregnated her with Adria. It goes on & on & on, they are all evil!

Comment

It's been established that the Priors really do believe int he goodness of the Orii, just liek Tomin. Writing them off as "bad" seems, I dunno, a tad bit shallow?

I would have likd to one day find out what the "started withy teh best intentino" bit means, tho.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    you're right.But the Ancients aren't better.They care only about themselves.If the Ori are really gone, the should help us and destroy Adria and her armies.I doubt they will...
                    The Ancients aren't as bad because they don't directly take anything to do with the lower plains, they allow people free will, whereas the Ori directly oversee all development in their galaxy. Perhaps it's their way of staying clean of the temptation to harvest people worshipping them to increase their power just like the Ori. Either way, the acended beings in the MW definitely aren't evil, just ignorant & arrogant!

Adria & her like are in this galaxy wanting to convert it's inhabitants to follow the Ori. Making them much more powerful & allowing the Ori to try to take out the Ancients. So why don't they interfere to save themselves because that's the goal of these people. So they aren't two faced, only stepping down when it suits them or to save their own asses. They even send Morgan down to take care of Merlin & stop him from creating his weapon. Despite the fact that it could stop the Ori & save themselves. They are consistent in the fact that they don't interfere no matter what!

The Replicators & Anubis were almost at the point of wiping out the entire galaxy in S8. So if they didn't interfere then, they obviously won't now.

Comment

Right and good and moral and ethics and so on are all subjective. There are plenty of people through out history who have done some vile things who believed they were doing the right thing. The Ori seem to fit this as well. In their own minds, they are right and that's not going to change. The lack of openness and forcing of their beliefs on others is what makes them bad in my mind.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

gotta love the ori
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                          Right and good and moral and ethics and so on are all subjective. There are plenty of people through out history who have done some vile things who believed they were doing the right thing. The Ori seem to fit this as well. In their own minds, they are right and that's not going to change. The lack of openness and forcing of their beliefs on others is what makes them bad in my mind.
                          very true, i remember when Oma told Daniel - we only control one thing and that is weather we are good or evil

all that a load of rubbish! like you said what one person believes is right could be evil to another. Unless she means what the person believe is good and evil.

that would mean Adria is good because she only ever does want she believes is the right thing. But the Ori, who started with good intentions so must know what they are doing is wrong, are evil!
                          ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

It really doesn't matter if they are evil. They are the enemy and therefore must be destroyed. Then we can say they were evil in the history books and there will be no debate since they won't exist anymore to give their side of the issue. If they cannot counter the assertion that they are evil (they would be dead so they can't) then it must be true that they are indeed evil.

Comment

Your argument can be used by either side to justify the other being evil. Given what Adria said in Shroud she truly believes that the Ancients are the evil ones and that she, and the Ori, are not.
                              Last edited by Avenger; 31 January 2007, 07:41 PM.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X