Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead or Alive (spoilers for The Shroud)

I don't think the Ori are dead.

OMG, people, remember your science! Energy can not be destroyed, it only changes/fluctuates.

Remember what Kvasir said? That it worked like a ZPM in which it sent out an energy wave that can cancel out the Ori as energy beings.

Think of the Ori as Anubis, while Merlin's Weapons is Oma. They're fighting each other and as two energy beings in combat they cancel each other out. They're not dead, they're "preoccupied" with each other in combat.

Think of two people pushing each other at the same time, and with the same amount of force, and each person is the same height, and weight. They can't really do anything else except push each other (preoccupied).

This is whats happening to the Ori now.

Now, Im wondering what on earth could be in the Ark of Truth....

Maybe the original and "real" Ori, Oma's bother... lol.

Just my ideas here but....
    Spoiler:
    An Alteran named Ori is the first to ascend, he helps other people ascend. People start worshiping them as a group. The new ascendies gettind drunk from the Worship-Power, decides to toss their boss into a box container that can hold energy beings such as in Atlantis 1x03, Hide and Seek? And that his device is the Ark of Truth?

It's like how you have religious extremist "hijack" a religion and turn it to suit their own purposes (more worship energy)
    yes
    54.55%
    no
    9.09%
    too early to tell
    9.09%
    maybe
    27.27%
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Spoiler:
    Sounds good to me.What if there's not an Ori but another being(the first ascended being.Neither the Ori nor the Ancient.He helped the Ori ascend and they simply betrayed him and put him into a box.I know it sounds crazy
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      Spoiler:
      Sounds good to me.What if there's not an Ori but another being(the first ascended being.Neither the Ori nor the Ancient.He helped the Ori ascend and they simply betrayed him and put him into a box.I know it sounds crazy

As long as the Ark of Truth does not contain 2 stone tablets and with Daniel wearing a red robe and with a long grey beard... I'll be happy.

Of course...
      Spoiler:
      it's possible that it might contain more Ancients... afterall there are stories in Origin about how the Ori came and defeated the "old spirits" (other Ancients, or those other non-Alteran Ascended beings).

Comment

I am calling it right now & saying that the Ori are dead. But the remaining Priors = very pissed off

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
          I am calling it right now & saying that the Ori are dead. But the remaining Priors = very pissed off
          Not dead. They're "preoccupied" by the energy wave of that weapon. Come on... even StarGate follows the science of "energy can not be destroyed".

And Im betting that Ark of Truth has some locked up ascended beings in it, either Ori who refused to go along with the majority, Ancients, or other Alterans, or maybe even someone else.

Comment

I think they're simply dead, not preoccupied. I mean, matter can't be created or destroyed either and we die.....there's no reason why they can't essentially die, even if they aren't physically destroyed.

Comment

The plot of The Ark Of Truth also specifically states SG-1 is looking for a way to deal with the Ori followers & it says nothing about the Ori. Another answer could be is that they are alive but powerless. No matter how many followers they get that would not matter anymore. The Ori are finished. Alive but completely 100 % powerless & Adria as well unless shes not dead. If Adria is alive then like the Ori she is 100 % powerless no shields would be able to save her.
              Last edited by Starxgate; 30 January 2007, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Technology created with Ori knowlege will still function so Adria will still have her sheild. Not only that she and the priors will still have powers. The device killed ascended beings not advanced beings. The Ori are dead, but since they never directly interfered with anything in the milkyway nothing will change. Priors will still be converting people and killing people. And sadly the ancients still will do nothing even though humans just saved them from being killed.

Comment

What if the weapon un-ascended all the Ori and now there's millions of human Ori in their galaxy?

Comment

I think it simpy cancelled out all of the Ori over there.....so, no more of these guys:

However, we still have this to deal with:

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                      I think it simpy cancelled out all of the Ori over there.....so, no more of these guys:

Spoiler:

nice pics
                      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post

Thanks for summing that up so succinctly.

By now, the Ori could have built dozen's, if not hundreds of ships. Each one is more powerful than anything we've got. As I recall, a Ha'tak dies in one hit from their beam, a Deadalus class BC can take 2 hits before dying, and an Asgard ship can take maybe 3 or 4 (not sure about that, I don't think we saw one of those being destroyed). Nothing so far has really done any damage to an Ori ship, except for luring it into the vortex of the supergate, and thats not likely to happen again.

So yes, I would say that the Ori themselves are now dead. but since none of their moron followers have any way of knowing that, they'll continue to be just as gung-ho as they were before.
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I don't think that the weapon was effective at destroying the Ori. When dealing with all of the power that they acquire from their followers, plus the time it would take for the ship to come through to the Ori galaxy, since with a normal, in the same galaxy it takes 3.4 seconds to travel, let's say six seconds to the Ori galaxy, with the Ori being always with Adria they would have seen what Daniel did to her, and would have taken precautions against the weapon, probably using that additional power of theirs to overload the weapon before it was able to cancel them out. Or, Adria since she is supposed to be still alive could have neutralized the weapon on her own, she should have already known how to build the weapon when she converted Daniel into a Prior, so something about this doesn't make sense, a lot actually, but the Ori shouldn't be destroyed, weakened probably, but not dead.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient View Post
                            I don't think that the weapon was effective at destroying the Ori. When dealing with all of the power that they acquire from their followers, plus the time it would take for the ship to come through to the Ori galaxy, since with a normal, in the same galaxy it takes 3.4 seconds to travel, let's say six seconds to the Ori galaxy, with the Ori being always with Adria they would have seen what Daniel did to her, and would have taken precautions against the weapon, probably using that additional power of theirs to overload the weapon before it was able to cancel them out. Or, Adria since she is supposed to be still alive could have neutralized the weapon on her own, she should have already known how to build the weapon when she converted Daniel into a Prior, so something about this doesn't make sense, a lot actually, but the Ori shouldn't be destroyed, weakened probably, but not dead.
                            Its another cliffhanger, but we will find out hopefully in the next couple of weeks but if not we will know in the movie.

Spoiler:
                            as stated several times in the forum, the new movie is about the followers only not the Ori, so I would think that we were successful in cancelling out the Ori.
                            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I don't think the Ori are alive. Because Adria will be back in the first tv movie and in the episode Dominion.

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
                              Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
                              March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
                              Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                              X