O'Neill and "Unending"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill and "Unending"

If you don't want to know if RDA returns for "Unending," the series finale, I recommend you click your back button.

RDA signed on for five episodes this year.
    1. SG-1 "200"
    2. SG-1 "The Shroud"
    3. Atlantis "The Real World"
    4. Atlantis "The Return, Parts 1 & 2"

The cancellation announcement was made after he had filmed in five episodes. I'm sure he wanted to return for the series finale, but I suspect some kind of contractual legal issues kept RDA from guest starring. As far as the O'Neill character goes, "The Shroud" may be a better send off than "Unending" would be, considering "The Shroud" can be all about Jack and Daniel where as "Unending" is about ending the show.

Do you feel RDA should be in the finale? Why or why not?

We got to see him in "200" and we'll see him once more in "The Shroud." I'm kind'a glad O'Neill's last episode will be a regular episode instead of the series finale, because it means we'll see more of him than we would have had he be in the finale.

well if they all age and its a character developement thing, you cant do without RDA. Im a kinda big guy but if RDA comes back for unending, i garuntee i will shed some tears.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

If RDA is in "Uneding" (and somehow ends up off-world with SG-1), I'll categorically refuse to watch it because they'll no doubt throw in random shipping crap (it wouldn't be crap if the Sam/Jack ship hadn't been handled as badly as it has been by the PTB) like they did with "Moebius".

So I, for one, am glad that he's not in it.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        If RDA is in "Uneding" (and somehow ends up off-world with SG-1), I'll categorically refuse to watch it because they'll no doubt throw in random shipping crap (it wouldn't be crap if the Sam/Jack ship hadn't been handled as badly as it has been by the PTB) like they did with "Moebius".

So I, for one, am glad that he's not in it.
        I'm pretty sure there'll be that even if he isn't in it; it will be Sam/Cam, Daniel/Vala all the way...

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
          I'm pretty sure there'll be that even if he isn't in it; it will be Sam/Cam, Daniel/Vala all the way...
          I'll vow to never ever buy another Stargate SG-1 DVD again (or watch any episode written by the writers of "Unending") if any of that happens.

Comment

Five episodes:
            1. SG-1 "200"
            2. SG-1 "The Shroud"
            3. Atlantis "The Real World"
            4. Atlantis "The Return Part 1"
            5. Atlantis "The Return Part 2"

Comment

Why are you repeating me?

I typed Atlantis "The Return, Parts 1 & 2", because I didn't want to type the same episode title twice. Besides, adding Parts 1 & 2 makes it very obvious that it's two episodes.

In response to everyone else... I really do not care for this "shipper" term. Why does it matter if we see Jack/Sam, Sam/Cam, or Daniel/Vala romance? I certainly don't care. If it's forced into the episode, obviously it will be crap. However, if it's built on cast chemestry and previous episodes that suggested a romance, then I see nothing wrong with it so long as it does not take away from the main plot.

We know Jack and Sam have feelings for each other, so if he were in the finale, and they spent 50 years on a space ship, I'd expect to see little Jam's running around. Sam/Cam... ew. Daniel/Vala... hmm... no one is ready for that.

Comment

Unless TPTB are pulling a fast one on us... (and I'm just posting this for any readers who haven't come across an official statement):

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-10-2007.html

Regarding yesterday's post, SG-1 Forever writes: " Jack would be awesome! Can you tell us if he's in the movies, Joe?"

Answer: Nothing to report on this front (sorry) but I can confirm that the character of Jack O'Neill will not be making an appearance in the season ten finale (again, sorry).
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Ok here are my thoughts on this matter. If he is (doubtfull) fine by me. If he isn't as much as I agree that he should be in it simply b/c he was here in the begining, I won't be upset and here's why. 1. He agreed to sign on for 5 eps, 3 SGA and two SG-1. The cancellation came after that and he either couldnt or didnt want to. 2. It sounds like he could fit in the plot but I won't be upset if he isnt theree. Now as to the shipping it gets really anoying saying "I won't buy the dvd's or watch unending if they ship" to quote Jack "For crying out loud!" That is a rediculous reason IMO. I do ship ceretain characters but just because they might ship characteres I don't think should be paired together is not enough reason to give up IMO. Just my two cents.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm one of the most anti-RDA people around. Was quite glad he left the show, finaly.

That said, I wish he was in the final episode. He was a part of the show for 8+ years. If the characters are going to be trapped together for 50 years, I think Jack should be there so that we the viewers can finaly get a little closure on the jack/sam relationship.

For 8 years they danced around the fact that these two had feelings for each other. Also, in the season 9 episode "Ex Deus Machina" when sam was on an undercover mission with Agent Barret, he asked her if she was available and she said that she wasn't.. I took that to mean that sam and jack had finaly "hooked up" so to speak.

It just seems like Jack should be there for the final so that we can see the two of them finaly be together out in the open.

For me (and I am not a "shipper" by any means) Jack and sam should be a couple as should Vala/daniel. I say that only because it seems that the writers have been hinting at those pairings since the get-go (or in Vala's case, since she joined the show) so they should just show it and be done with it since it is the final episode.

Unfortunately, that leaves Cam/teal'c as a pair. Not something I ever considered before... Hmmmm....

*edited to add this...

NEW! January 14 - "['Unending' is] a great season-ender (I'd say series ender but, really, that's up to the fans -- so long as they keep supporting the DVD's, the longer we'll keep telling stories) that offers some truly poignant moments and finally offers up some major satisfaction for members of 'that' fan contingent."
                    (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
                    ...satisfaction for "that" fan contingent.... What exactly does that mean, anyway? Is he talking about the fans that want to see more "character moments" or is he referring to a specific pairing up?
                    Last edited by upinout; 23 January 2007, 09:10 PM. Reason: to add something

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Now as to the shipping it gets really anoying saying "I won't buy the dvd's or watch unending if they ship" to quote Jack "For crying out loud!" That is a rediculous reason IMO. I do ship ceretain characters but just because they might ship characteres I don't think should be paired together is not enough reason to give up IMO. Just my two cents.
                      That's not what I said. It's OK if they ship characters. But it shouldn't be out of the blue random crap like in "Moebius".

What did we get in "Moebius"? alt!Jack and alt!Sam, who'd only known each other for a few days, tops, randomly started making out and declaring their love for each other.

Not only was it a crappy random ship moment inserted only to please the fans of the ship, it was extremely random because that wasn't even our!Jack and our!Sam!

They've handled the Sam/Jack ship so infinitely badly throughout the years. They never resolve it, Jack always shoots Sam down, Sam seems to be unable to leave it and keeps mooning for him and then they pay "tribute" to it in what they thought was the definite series finale by having alternate versions of them fawning over each other after knowing each other for only a day or two (I guess it's "fate").

That was bad handling of the ship. And the scene in "Moebius" was obviously ship just for ship's sake.

Love builds up over time. A good (romantic) relationship needs to be built up over time, even if you start out as friends. And then we have "Moebius".

So far, we haven't had any definite Scam ship moments. There's been a few where Vala overtly flirts with Daniel with him shooting her down (very gently) and kinda blushing or whatever, so I could at least tolerate that. But if there's Scam cram or any other pairing other than Daniel/Vala in the season finale, it'll be random **** there just for being there.

And I'd delete the episode from my harddrive faster than you can say "McShep".

Comment

Sorry I see what you mean. I do however enjoy that scene in Mobeius and disagree with with your view on that but do see your point. I do want Vala and Daniel to pair and as a huge Sam/Jack shipper I was against Sam and Cam pairing but after seeing Line in the Sand i enjoyed those moments. So I do see your points about random shipping though i still disagree on your Mobeius points.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm content with the fact that O'Neill will be in "The Shroud". It should provide a nice last appearance by him on SG-1. Him probably not being in "Unending" is kind of sad to me, but, the show has moved on. So, it may be fitting.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                            That's not what I said. It's OK if they ship characters. But it shouldn't be out of the blue random crap like in "Moebius".

What did we get in "Moebius"? alt!Jack and alt!Sam, who'd only known each other for a few days, tops, randomly started making out and declaring their love for each other.

Not only was it a crappy random ship moment inserted only to please the fans of the ship, it was extremely random because that wasn't even our!Jack and our!Sam!

They've handled the Sam/Jack ship so infinitely badly throughout the years. They never resolve it, Jack always shoots Sam down, Sam seems to be unable to leave it and keeps mooning for him and then they pay "tribute" to it in what they thought was the definite series finale by having alternate versions of them fawning over each other after knowing each other for only a day or two (I guess it's "fate").

That was bad handling of the ship. And the scene in "Moebius" was obviously ship just for ship's sake.

Love builds up over time. A good (romantic) relationship needs to be built up over time, even if you start out as friends. And then we have "Moebius".

So far, we haven't had any definite Scam ship moments. There's been a few where Vala overtly flirts with Daniel with him shooting her down (very gently) and kinda blushing or whatever, so I could at least tolerate that. But if there's Scam cram or any other pairing other than Daniel/Vala in the season finale, it'll be random **** there just for being there.

And I'd delete the episode from my harddrive faster than you can say "McShep".

For me the Whole Jack/Sam thing ended in Grace. Yes she still had feelings for Jack but she also realised that it was never going to happen and that she should move on. It's good having the obvious tension between them but it should be nothing more.

As for Daniel and Vala I really am torn. I think they belong together but at the same time I think that they should just be really great friends which is what they are. They've been through hell and back together and there's definate romance there but for me Sha're is Daniels only true love and even though she's been dead for 7 seasons I don't think Daniel has forgotten her or even wants to forget her. They were a much better match in my eyes Daniel and Vala will always have a spark yes and I think it's possible that vala may even be in love with him but I don't think Daniel will feel the same way about her.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

P-90_177: The problem is that it didn't end in grace. They dwelled on it and it "culminated" into "Threads" where she realized that she didn't really love Pete and tried to pursue a relationship with Jack (though it failed miserably).

Comment

Working...
                              X