The ascended Abydonians and the Ori threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ascended Abydonians and the Ori threat

I just rewatched Full Circle today and I was wondering with all the things going on with the Ori why hasn't Skaara (or any of others the Abydonians) tried to help Daniel/SG1 out withthe Ori?

It's been a while since I've seen all of season 7 and 8 but I'm pretty sure Oma is or should be still fighting Anubis and thus not able to stop any of the Abydonians from helping. I just wonder if enough of them tried to help all at the same time if the others could stop them. Since there might be other ascended might follow there lead thus make it even harder fo the others to help. The feeling I got from Full Circle is many of the Abydonians would be willling to fight for Daniel after everything he did and I think would see just how big of a threat the Ori are to everyone.

I wonder if the others keeping the Ori threat a secret from them which I would think would be very hard to do. Because I'm pretty at least Skaara would be watching Jack and Daniel from time to time to make sure their okay.

Do you think they have tried but the others stoped them. Not all of them but enough of them that it scared to the others back in line?

I just feel like there missing in this storyline and they, at least Shaara would come into it somewhere at somepoint. Am I wrong? Am I missing any facts?
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

I don't think the Abydonians would know about the Ori unless a Prior came through the Abydos Stargate, but "Full Circle" made it clear that they could turn the Stargate off without going to the extreme of burrying it like they had in the past.

Perhaps in the movie, a surprise twist ending could feature ascended Abydonians rushing to SG-1's rescue?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      I don't think the Abydonians would know about the Ori unless a Prior came through the Abydos Stargate, but "Full Circle" made it clear that they could turn the Stargate off without going to the extreme of burrying it like they had in the past.

Perhaps in the movie, a surprise twist ending could feature ascended Abydonians rushing to SG-1's rescue?
      Ummm... all of the Abydonians are "dead" (Oma Ascended them all (well, I presume there were some bad seeds she didn't Ascend)).

There was no more Abydos gate. Heck, there probably wasn't even a planet left. The only reason the SGC could dial back in was because they created a faux-Abydos and a faux-Abydos Gate using their Ascended powers.

The Abydonians are all Ascended now. They know about the threat. The reason why they haven't interfered?

Because they'd be punished, that's why. The Abydonians do most probably not make out the majority of the Ascended beings and as such, they cannot go against the wishes of the Others.

Comment

been wondering this for a while i think the ascended abydonions would have risked being punished by the others and intervening against the ori

Comment

Originally posted by danmcken View Post
          been wondering this for a while i think the ascended abydonions would have risked being punished by the others and intervening against the ori
          To do what? Swoop down and say "You should..." before being whisked off by "The Others"? We're lucky Orlinn and Merlin were allowed to do what they did. That's probably as far as they'll allow them to go (for "special" occasions). They pulled Morgan Le Fay, for instance, just for trying to say "The weapon is not complete yet" (or whatever it was she was going to say).

Who's to say that the Abydonians haven't tried yet? Maybe they randomly tried swooping down but were stopped (because the Ascended Beings seem to not only be able to read the minds of everyone on our plane but also each others' minds (well, if they're watching them) as they knew that Morgan was about to interfere gravely just because she said "The weapon is not...".
          Last edited by FallenAngelII; 23 January 2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I think the Abydonians are in the "intervention is needed club", morgan told us that there are some who wnat to help and stop the Ori but they are not enough to overpower the collective. I think that the abydonians will help, but we are never going to see it, Sg1 is over so unless they appear in the movies, i dont think the Ori are going to have to face them. Perhaps Skarra will help daniel in his quest to build the Sangral at some point, we just dont know. But i do agree that the abydonians, which number in the thousands will be on the side of Daniel and Jack and SG1, their history would seem to show that, and im sure when the Ori threat became apparent they were the first to be angered...that said they are probley waiting for the right time to strike..
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              Ummm... all of the Abydonians are "dead" (Oma Ascended them all (well, I presume there were some bad seeds she didn't Ascend)).
              They didn't die, they ascended. SG-1 has very clearly established that ascension isn't the afterlife, but a continuation of your existing life on a higher plane of existance. Take Daniel Jackson for example. If he had died in "Meridian," he couldn't ascend. Oma ascended him just after his heart flatlined. His brain would continue for 4-5 minutes before being depleted of oxygen, but he had ascended before then. If Daniel truelly died, it would be impossible to descend, because once you're dead... that's it, you're dead.

The Abydonians are alive and well in Ascensionland.

There was no more Abydos gate.
              Really? Then whut was that big, blue, round thing that SG-1 came out of and then used to return to Earth?

Heck, there probably wasn't even a planet left.
              Speculation. Only the pyramid, Stargate, and near by Abydonian civilization had been whiped out by Anubis's super weapon. Furtunately the Abydonians were ascended by Oma DeSalla, and the Stargate had merely been burried instead of destroyed.

The only reason the SGC could dial back in was because they created a faux-Abydos and a faux-Abydos Gate using their Ascended powers.
              There is no evidence in any episode that the Ascended Beings have this level of power.

The Abydonians are all Ascended now.
              No, really?

They know about the threat. The reason why they haven't interfered?

Because they'd be punished, that's why. The Abydonians do most probably not make out the majority of the Ascended beings and as such, they cannot go against the wishes of the Others.
              I understand why they haven't done anything thus far. I was suggesting that the Others would look the other way and let the Abydonians help SG-1 at the critical moment so that the entire Milky Way galaxy is not converted to Origin, leaving the Ori more powerful than ever before.

Comment

Daniel Jackson, did you even read the post before my last post in this thread? I am perfectly aware of that they are Ascended and that Ascension isn't the afterlife, hence the quote marks.

You'd think that Anubis' little super-weapon would be strong enough destroy a Stargate and that it didn't just blow the pyramid up. And you'd think that he'd do more than just blow the pyramid up.

The village in which Ska'ara and the others live is quite far away from the gate as shown in "Stargate - the Movie" and the fact that they never walk directly from the pyramid to the village in one shot.

Merely destroying the pyramid would not have forced Oma to ascended everyone. It would also not have made the entire village disappear. Not only did the people disappear, but all of the village, including tents, football, animals, etc. all disappeared.

So it's pretty safe to say Anubis wiped the village out. The real Chap'pa Ai wasn't seen lying around somewhere either (nor were there any pieces of the pyramid lying around). Everything seems to have been pulverized by the superweapon. Ska'ara also said "The Chappa Ai will remain until you leave", not "The Chappa Ai will remain open until you leave."

Comment

I think the error is being made here, people thinking all ascended beings have the exact same powers and knowledge... this is not the case.

The Abydonians are now 'living' peacefully as ascended beings, they don't take time to thing about what their position should be against the Ori.... ofcourse they would be against them, but I don't think they are thinking about helping Daniel. Even if they did it would be of no use since the other Ancients would call them back.
                  WINAMP eLite Installer a clean and light but fully functional Winamp with new looks!
                  DVD-ReBuilder Easy Installer Now everyone can install necessary tools and backup DVD Movies!
                  check dvd.yardcure.com for more Easy One-Click installers.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    Daniel Jackson, did you even read the post before my last post in this thread? I am perfectly aware of that they are Ascended and that Ascension isn't the afterlife, hence the quote marks.
                    I read the entire thread.

You'd think that Anubis' little super-weapon would be strong enough destroy a Stargate and that it didn't just blow the pyramid up. And you'd think that he'd do more than just blow the pyramid up.
                    Surely the super weapon has various settings. Why destroy a planet rich with naquada when you can just blast away the pyramid with troublesome SG-1 inside? Besides, we've seen Stargate survive some pretty powerful explossions, so I can buy the Stargate surviving the explossion.

The village in which Ska'ara and the others live is quite far away from the gate as shown in "Stargate - the Movie" and the fact that they never walk directly from the pyramid to the village in one shot.
                    The village was obviously destroyed by the shockwave, not the initial explossion.

Merely destroying the pyramid would not have forced Oma to ascended everyone. It would also not have made the entire village disappear. Not only did the people disappear, but all of the village, including tents, football, animals, etc. all disappeared.
                    Oma was ascending people before Anubis fired his weapon on Anubis. Remember when Skaara ascended? The village was destroyed by the shockwave leaving nothing behind but a sandy waste land.

So it's pretty safe to say Anubis wiped the village out.
                    Agreed.

The real Chap'pa Ai wasn't seen lying around somewhere either (nor were there any pieces of the pyramid lying around). Everything seems to have been pulverized by the superweapon.
                    Agreed. However, it's possible that the Stargate was simply burried and restored by Skaara. As for the pyramid returning for SG-1 to exit, I just assumed that part was an illusion.

Ska'ara also said "The Chappa Ai will remain until you leave", not "The Chappa Ai will remain open until you leave."
                    I took this to mean that it would be buried after SG-1 left.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      I think the Abydonians are in the "intervention is needed club", morgan told us that there are some who wnat to help and stop the Ori but they are not enough to overpower the collective. I think that the abydonians will help, but we are never going to see it, Sg1 is over so unless they appear in the movies, i dont think the Ori are going to have to face them. Perhaps Skarra will help daniel in his quest to build the Sangral at some point, we just dont know. But i do agree that the abydonians, which number in the thousands will be on the side of Daniel and Jack and SG1, their history would seem to show that, and im sure when the Ori threat became apparent they were the first to be angered...that said they are probley waiting for the right time to strike..
                      Makes sense. If Sg-1 continued we would likely see that ie a showdown with ascended beings. But alas we probably wont.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Abydos was completely destroyed by Anubis. And to say that the ascended Abydosians don't know about the Ori is pretty silly because they are ascended.

Originally posted by zilexa View Post
                        I think the error is being made here, people thinking all ascended beings have the exact same powers and knowledge... this is not the case.

The Abydonians are now 'living' peacefully as ascended beings, they don't take time to thing about what their position should be against the Ori.... ofcourse they would be against them, but I don't think they are thinking about helping Daniel. Even if they did it would be of no use since the other Ancients would call them back.
                        Pure speculation on both of your points.
                        Last edited by Avenger; 23 January 2007, 07:11 PM.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Being ascended doesn't make you all knowing.

Comment

How could you possibly be an ascended being, basically living with the ascended Ancients, and not know about the Ori? You'd have to be living in the higher existence version of a cave.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

The same way Daniel didn't know about Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X