fighting the Ori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fighting the Ori

This idea has been running around in my brain for a little while.

If worship by humans(which can be considered positive energy) on the mass scale strengthens the Ori, would a mass evocation of negativity aimed at the Ori affect them in a negative way?

When Orlin came he said that "Every believer who has given up his or her will to the Ori transfers their life force to the ascended beings. Only large multitudes of followers generate a detectable energy transfer."

It would make sense in that way that the Ori would want nonbelievers dead, because maybe the negative energy can weaken them(besides the idea that nonbelievers can taint and corrupt believers.)

hrmm.

Originally posted by blueWaffles View Post

If worship by humans(which can be considered positive energy) on the mass scale strengthens the Ori, would a mass evocation of negativity aimed at the Ori affect them in a negative way?

When Orlin came he said that "Every believer who has given up his or her will to the Ori transfers their life force to the ascended beings. Only large multitudes of followers generate a detectable energy transfer."

It would make sense in that way that the Ori would want nonbelievers dead, because maybe the negative energy can weaken them(besides the idea that nonbelievers can taint and corrupt believers.)

hrmm.
    sorry but where are you going with this???
    sigpic

Comment

hrmm.

The Ori drain life energy from their followers. You want to say that not believing in the Ori as gods drains energy from them? Sounds kind of stupid to me...
      *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

It makes sense to me. It's about balance and opposing forces. Positive vs. negative. Worship vs. condemnation/hatred.

It's just a theory, though.

Comment

It kind of makes sense.

Comment

From what I gathered it was some kind of energy transfer at the moment of death, giant soul-catchers in the sky, scientology style!
            Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

hrmm.
              an idea that has bugged me is... the epi where sg1 visit a world with 2 planets in war where one of them has a satelite gun builed by the ori. wich has same power as the oriships. why did sg1 not get that sateliteweapon to fight the ori. that epi enden stupid. btw.

Comment

obviously the ori would not give any believers technology advanced enough do defeat them
                sigpic

-The-Ancients-

Comment

Working...
                X