This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Age - to be scifi mini

did a search and didn't see anything on this...but then...i never have luck with the search tool.

Diamond Age

SCI FI Channel unveiled a new slate of programs in development, which includes shows from executive producers George Clooney, Darren Star and Mark Burnett. SCI FI made the announcement Jan. 12 at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

Diamond Age, based on Neal Stephenson's best-selling novel The Diamond Age: Or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer, is a six-hour miniseries from Clooney and fellow executive producer Grant Heslov of Smokehouse Productions.

When a prominent member of society concludes that the futuristic civilization in which he lives is stifling creativity, he commissions an interactive book for his daughter that serves as a guide through a surreal alternate world. Stephenson will adapt his novel for the miniseries, the first time the Hugo and Nebula award winner has written for TV.
    Now I'd much rather they had approached him for Snow Crash, but maybe they'll do that next if DA goes well.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

I haven't read the book, but this sounds cool!

Comment

Yeah, I liked Snow Crash better, but it should still be interesting.

Comment

Yay for Neal Stephenson, one of my favourite authors. I agree Snow Crash would be an interesting choice (more-so in my opinion), but you never know.

Comment

Working...
        X