Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM PR: AoT MOVIE news and S:C MOVIE news (slightly more detail)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM PR: AoT MOVIE news and S:C MOVIE news (slightly more detail)

Details from MGM on the two new movie plots (their press release of today's date):

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...21&newsLang=en

Last edited by minigeek; 15 January 2007, 09:34 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

OMG--the synopsis for the second movie sounds like a comedy. That's just too funny. I wonder if Cooper thought it was supposed to be shocking, LMAO.

The first movie sounds BETTER.

No wonder RDA is still thinking about doing the movies and not signed on yet.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

these films sound amazing, i cant wait for Ark of truth

Comment

The second movie sounds more like Ba'algate. I hope Jack puts an end to it!

Comment

The Ark of Truth sounds terrific. I wonder who the other powerful enemy is since it states that SG-1 will be battling "two powerful enemies"?

Comment

They both sound really good.

"The Ark Of Truth" sounds huge. Seeing the supergate in the widescreen format will be great and I wonder who'll be Captaining the Odyssey and who is the second powerful enemy?

I really like the sound of "Continuum". The Goauld back as the big-bad invading enemy should be fantastic, especially since Brad Wirght is writing it.
            'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

The first movie sounds awesome I can't wait to see the defeat of the Ori The second movie sounds like a stand alone movie

Comment

Holy crap, these sound amazing...

I cannot wait! AoT will have two enemies... think maybe the second enemy will be a possible third series springboard? Or it could just be Baal, which is still fine by me. And Continuum, that sounds like it might have the feel of the old Goa'uld episodes, which is great because we haven't seen much Goa'uldiness with recent visual effects. Woohah!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

We know one thing at least Baal will not go down without a fight

Comment

I wonder if Ba'al's planned execution will be by hanging. It would make a nice parallel with recent events.
                    'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

I know most seem to have a problem with Baal being included in the second movie but think of it this way. At least they are giving his character a good ending instead of him just becoming a plot hole

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                        Holy crap, these sound amazing...

I cannot wait! AoT will have two enemies... think maybe the second enemy will be a possible third series springboard? Or it could just be Baal, which is still fine by me. And Continuum, that sounds like it might have the feel of the old Goa'uld episodes, which is great because we haven't seen much Goa'uldiness with recent visual effects. Woohah!
                        Would be good if it was the enemy of the third series. It depends on the enemy. However, both movies sound good. Ark of truth soundsa awesome. I wonder how the ark of truth is different from the sangraal.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

You know what I just realized? Rob or Brad, can't remember which, has said that they took the story arc from what was going to be season 11 and incorporated it into AoT. The Ark of Truth itself would probably have been something they were searching for, thus making season 11 just like many other seasons where our heroes spend the whole season searching for a relic of some sort (Lost City, Sangraal, then the Ark of Truth).

That would've been a bit redundant. Now that it's compressed into a movie, it breaks the trend in a sense. I'm suddenly very glad we're getting a movie series instead of the episodic sort! :-D

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            Would be good if it was the enemy of the third series. It depends on the enemy. However, both movies sound good. Ark of truth soundsa awesome. I wonder how the ark of truth is different from the sangraal.
                            I think the Arch of Truth will be used against the ori followers, not the Ori themselves, the sangraal was the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                              You know what I just realized? Rob or Brad, can't remember which, has said that they took the story arc from what was going to be season 11 and incorporated it into AoT. The Ark of Truth itself would probably have been something they were searching for, thus making season 11 just like many other seasons where our heroes spend the whole season searching for a relic of some sort (Lost City, Sangraal, then the Ark of Truth).

That would've been a bit redundant. Now that it's compressed into a movie, it breaks the trend in a sense. I'm suddenly very glad we're getting a movie series instead of the episodic sort! :-D

The third series will be sprung from the 2nd movie--The Continuum. Even the synopsis has a major plot hole in it.

Spoiler:
                              How are they going to make it possible for Sam, Daniel and Mitchell to know something is wrong and still make Teal'c, Ba'al's first prime? Quetesh they could pull off becuase Vala would be a host again--thus have no control. Wouldn't Teal'c know something is wrong? How come they would all be standing at an execution that was never going to happen after Ba'al or his more likely, his clone, stole the gate? Wouldn't Daniel, Sam and Mitchell all have alternate lives? Like in mobiuses--how can they know that program existed if the time line was changed? I have no doubts that Cooper will brush this issue under the rug with some lame tech-no babble.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                              X