This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 ep road not taken Preairing speculation SPOILERS WITHIN

First details of an episode featuring carter scheduled to air early in the 2nd half of season ten

Spoiler:
    An experiment goes wrong, leaving Carter trapped in a parallel reality where martial law has been enforced and the Earth is under attack from the Ori. But the impending threat from the Ori is the least of her concerns when it becomes clear that President Landry may not allow her to return home.

I'm sorry but what a crock we saw the same basic episode 9 years ago with daniel jackson in their but for the grace of god. Have to say this is why SG1 is being canceled, because for every good episode they make like the quest they just rehash an old story

^^ I disagree, I think it sounds great. It may be similar, but I reckon it will turn out totally different. Plus it gives us an idea of what could happen with Earth and th Ori. Am I correct in guessing that this version of Earth will know about the Stargate?

Comment

Yeah it does seem quite similar doesn't it? But for once I'm actually looking forward to a S10 ep, this and "The Shroud" sounds like decent eps to me in the 2nd half. Let's see how they turn out to be though.

Comment

There is a limit to the storylines currently since the Ori cannot be defeated through regular means and the first movie is supposed to wrap up the Ori arc so there isnt really much they can do in terms of 'fantastic super episodes' currently.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

the difference is we've always known the Ori are going to show up some time or another, in 'there but for the grace of god' it told us for the first time the goa'uld were coming and what to expect.

Comment

Spoiler:
            President Landry!? He's the only character of the new SG1 that haven't been able to embrace, this just tops it for him.

Comment

I much preferred the synopsis that mentioned President Hayes.... I liked that guy.

Comment

if they'd done that they'd probably still done it so you don't see the president.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait to see how this episode is played out. And how Carter will deal with things.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by crompton20 View Post
                    First details of an episode featuring carter scheduled to air early in the 2nd half of season ten

Spoiler:
                    An experiment goes wrong, leaving Carter trapped in a parallel reality where martial law has been enforced and the Earth is under attack from the Ori. But the impending threat from the Ori is the least of her concerns when it becomes clear that President Landry may not allow her to return home.

I'm sorry but what a crock we saw the same basic episode 9 years ago with daniel jackson in their but for the grace of god. Have to say this is why SG1 is being canceled, because for every good episode they make like the quest they just rehash an old story
                    I disagree it sounds completly different. I think it sounds like a great ep and be nice to see just heow bad the Ori will hurt us.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

that in itself is reason to do it. the two parrallell reality eps that came before showed what it'd be like if the goauld took over earth but now we get to see what it would be like for the ori to take over. sounds like a great ep to me. i kind of hope we get to see a fleet battle where a number of ori warships come in and obliterate the ody.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        be nice to see just heow bad the Ori will hurt us.
                        Even though it wont be our universe this is a hopefully going to be a good way of seeing the worst of the worst of the Ori before seeing the defeat of the Ori in the first movie

Comment

k guys this is airing in less than 3 hours, i will put a summary of what happens as the ep goes along here if i can't find a better thread to use

Comment

Originally posted by crompton20 View Post
                            k guys this is airing in less than 3 hours, i will put a summary of what happens as the ep goes along here if i can't find a better thread to use
                            I thought 'Line in the Sand' is airing tonight, 'The Road not taken' is next week.

Comment

DOH

line in the sand it is then

Comment

Working...
                              X