Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TPTB Interviews at MGM Stargate Website!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPTB Interviews at MGM Stargate Website!

http://stargatesg1.com/Interviews

You'll have to log into the site to see them. So far, from Rob Cooper alone, I've found out:

1. All principle cast of SG1 in Season 10 have signed up for the 2 movies.

2. TPTB have tried to reach RDA on the possibilities of returning for the movies; no further news on this at the moment.

3. Amanda Tapping will appear in 14 episodes of Atlantis in Season 4. Screentime for each appearance has not been confirmed.

4. A 1-hour special will probably be made for the first movie to educate those who haven't seen much of the series.

5. Spoilers for Unending:

Spoiler:
    The plot involves the whole SG1 team stranded on an alien ship that's trapped in a time dilation field, they live for 50 years in this way. Of course, it's all resetted at the end. It's basically a look at how the relationships will evolve between the team members.

6. The second movie will be a stand-alone, more or less, and will be used as a testing ground on whether fans can accept a "movie-episode" of SG1 once in a while.

7. Mallozzi and Mullie has been the head-writers for Atlantis for quite some time now, just not "officially" (so there won't be a sudden change of staff/quality in Season 4, at least not because of this).

8. There is now a concept for Series 3 (no, Infinity doesn't count. ), and apparently...

Spoiler:
    it'll take place in another universe? That's what Coop says, but it's more "off-the-cuff". Check out the interview before freaking out about it.

9. More active development of the 3rd series will take place in the summer if everything goes right. It mignt premier sometime in early 2008.

10. Rob Cooper likes Editing.

11. He is also writing and directing at least one ep of Atlantis in Season 4.

Have at it folks!!

Thanks for the informative post

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

You'll have to log into the site to see them. So far, from Rob Cooper alone, I've found out:

1. All principle cast of SG1 in Season 10 have signed up for the 2 movies.

2. TPTB have tried to reach RDA on the possibilities of returning for the movies; no further news on this at the moment.

3. Amanda Tapping will appear in 14 episodes of Atlantis in Season 4. Screentime for each appearance has not been confirmed.

4. A 1-hour special will probably be made for the first movie to educate those who haven't seen much of the series.

5. Spoilers for Unending:

Spoiler:
      The plot involves the whole SG1 team stranded on an alien ship that's trapped in a time dilation field, they live for 50 years in this way. Of course, it's all resetted at the end. It's basically a look at how the relationships will evolve between the team members.

6. The second movie will be a stand-alone, more or less, and will be used as a testing ground on whether fans can accept a "movie-episode" of SG1 once in a while.

7. Mallozzi and Mullie has been the head-writers for Atlantis for quite some time now, just not "officially" (so there won't be a sudden change of staff/quality in Season 4, at least not because of this).

8. There is now a concept for Series 3 (no, Infinity doesn't count. ), and apparently...

Spoiler:
      it'll take place in another universe? That's what Coop says, but it's more "off-the-cuff". Check out the interview before freaking out about it.

9. More active development of the 3rd series will take place in the summer if everything goes right. It mignt premier sometime in early 2008.

10. Rob Cooper likes Editing.

11. He is also writing and directing at least one ep of Atlantis in Season 4.

Have at it folks!!
      Wow thanks for highlighting "bits" for us, i've been trying to get the interviews to load for the last hour but i don't think my dial-up likes doing it!
      I'm very happy with what i've read so far
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

You'll have to log into the site to see them. <>

*sigh* So not a small tiny part after all, even if she is only in each ep for a few minutes she will be a fairly noticeable presence in season 4 SGA.

Comment

Me like this,me like.

4 easy steps how to make people hate you
          Spoiler:
          Ignore them
          Spoiler:
          talk bad about them behind their backs
          Spoiler:
          Use lots of spoiler tags
          Spoiler:
          Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

Well that does it, goodbye Elizabeth and Teyla, your being replaced by Sam and new doctor.

Might as well stop watching now.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Blah.

WTF we need Sam for anyway? THERE ARE CHARACTERS ON ATLANTIS ALREADY?

*hits people over the head*

You know normally I keep my opinions to myself and don't really care...sure they're bringing in Jewel Staite, don't like that but I don't say anything (but I am now)...but we do NOT NEED SAM!?

WHAT IS SHE THERE FOR?

We have a scientist (McKay) we have a female leader (Weir) we have a female warrior (Teyla) and we even now have a female doctor (whatever Jewel's character is called....)

Not to mention that THERE ARE ENOUGH CHARACTERS! And we have been WATCHING SAM FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS ON SG1.

You wanna watch Sam? Go back, let us have the future for characters we haven't had ten years to watch. Hell even characters like Ronon, Lorne and Zelenka will be squashed (further) into the background if they keep bringing in more characters...

OMG I am so...

Meh.

No honestly I don't understand WHY?

Go ahead red me, whatever, I'm not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                Well that does it, goodbye Elizabeth and Teyla, your being replaced by Sam and new doctor.

Might as well stop watching now.
                Give it a chance at least. I never really wanted any SG1 character in SGA, not even AT. But I won't just give up on it, it will rather be interesting, now that it will happen, how it will be done. She might not even have a big part in it, command a ship perhaps, or work onboard a ship at least. I'm staying positive. Although I want Carson to stay!

Thanks PG15 for the highlights of the interview. Some interesting information.

Comment

Honestly. Where does Sam fit in? What will she be doing for 14 episodes? Does that mean that characters who have less screen time and less dialogue are going to be cut even more?

I'm tying to reserve judgement until I see what capacity she is going to be serving the show, but atm? It seems like a completely stupid move.

Is there a poll to indicate what the fans think? Are we able to get one?

Thanks for the highlights and the link PG15!

Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1 View Post
                    Blah.

WTF we need Sam for anyway? THERE ARE CHARACTERS ON ATLANTIS ALREADY?

*hits people over the head*

You know normally I keep my opinions to myself and don't really care...sure they're bringing in Jewel Staite, don't like that but I don't say anything (but I am now)...but we do NOT NEED SAM!?

WHAT IS SHE THERE FOR?

We have a scientist (McKay) we have a female leader (Weir) we have a female warrior (Teyla) and we even now have a female doctor (whatever Jewel's character is called....)

Not to mention that THERE ARE ENOUGH CHARACTERS! And we have been WATCHING SAM FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS ON SG1.

You wanna watch Sam? Go back, let us have the future for characters we haven't had ten years to watch. Hell even characters like Ronon, Lorne and Zelenka will be squashed (further) into the background if they keep bringing in more characters...

OMG I am so...

Meh.

No honestly I don't understand WHY?

Go ahead red me, whatever, I'm not happy.

Tapping's contract was already signed; they're contractually obligated to give her something to do for 14 episodes and she's obligated to take it.

Seeing as some of the writers have already stated how much they like writing for Rodney, and how this has been the Season of McKay, I highly doubt he's being replaced, and they're not dumb enough to take someone else from us so soon after the last casting change.

She'll do a season and be gone, probably.

I'm seriously hoping that she screws up and gets called on it. I have issues with the fact that Sam never gets punished for anything, whereas the SGA characters are called on the carpet regularly. I just want to see her get her butt kicked.
                    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                    Spoiler:
                    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post

I'm seriously hoping that she screws up and gets called on it. I have issues with the fact that Sam never gets punished for anything, whereas the SGA characters are called on the carpet regularly. I just want to see her get her butt kicked.
                      I totally agree.

Comment

About AT on SGA
                        Like I said prepare for Sodney (basically Vaniel reversed with Rodney playing the part of Vala) Looks like not Stargate for me next year (stopped watching SG-1 mid S9) especially if RDA is not in the movies

Comment

Me, not happy that Sg-1 is cancelled. However me very happy Sam will be on Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            *sigh* So not a small tiny part after all, even if she is only in each ep for a few minutes she will be a fairly noticeable presence in season 4 SGA.
                            *sigh* Indeed. *weeps*
                            sigpic

Comment

That all sees like good news to me, thanks a bunch PG15, and I hope RDA comes in for the movies lol

Comment

Working...
                              X