Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merlin's Pause: You Decide: Quest 2 (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin's Pause: You Decide: Quest 2 (Spoilers)

Okay. So great episode. There is enough buzz about this episode to charge a ZPM! My question to my fellow Gaters is this:

While in the cave
    Spoiler:
    after talking with Daniel, Merlin says "...she must have seen something in you to believe you to be worthy." The camera then zooms in on Merlin. Cam and the others enter the cave, and Merlin looks frozen in meditation for about 30 seconds and then opens his eyes and states, "...before I agree to join with you, I need to know that you are willing to do whatever must be done to see it through" (i.e. referring to building the Sangral and defeating the Ori).

My questions is this: What was Merlin thinking about for those 30 seconds? Or, rather, what was he doing?
    Last edited by ZPM_Plant; 12 January 2007, 05:30 AM. Reason: augment question
    Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Maybe he was using his copyrighted brand of magic to either talk to an Ancient (Oma?), unlock some magical device somewhere or just summoning up a mental ability (like cueing it up...) that he know he would soon use.

I mean, we can't expect Merlin to run at full steam immediately after being let out of stasis. It'd been a thousand years since he had a cup of coffee!

Comment

This Topic has already been discussed in the official episode thread for the Quest part two....
      see these linked posts for more discussion:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=240

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=243

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=249

We will find out soon enough what he WAS actaully up to...
      "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
      I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
      They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

Merlin just trying to see what Oma saw seems like the most obivious explanation to me and if we don't get told explicity then i will lean towards that. Another thought just occured to me though, anyone seen underworld where seleen plans her message to victor maybe thats what merlin was doing to daniel giving him a message through the memories.

Comment

He was squeezing out a silent but deadly...

Comment

Thanks Paulanthony. I was trying to find the posts having to do with Merlin's pause. I actually prefer #3 on your list:

Spoiler:
            3. Sending a sub-space signal to awaken Arthur from his hibernation so
            that he can regroup with the Knights of the Round Table, and return to
            Camelot to claim excalibur as was foretold in the prophesies.

Originally posted by paulanthony View Post
            This Topic has already been discussed in the official episode thread for the Quest part two....
            see these linked posts for more discussion:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=240

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=243

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=249

We will find out soon enough what he WAS actaully up to...
            Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Merlin might of been reading daniel's mind, because he says to Daniel that Oma might of seen something in daniel and Merlin wanted to see as well.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, but from what it sounds like, the pause of Merlin was probably.....
                .... a dramatic pause. Just to emphasize a point.

When the episode is shown in Canada, I'll be able to judge more accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                  Merlin might of been reading daniel's mind, because he says to Daniel that Oma might of seen something in daniel and Merlin wanted to see as well.
                  That makes sense. I think he was trying to see if he was indeed worthy.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i think he was looking into his mind to see if he could handle the knowledge to build the device
                    VL2DY4 - Why drink and drive when you can boost and slide...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      That makes sense. I think he was trying to see if he was indeed worthy.
                      That is a definite possibility. But I haven't seen the episode yet, so I can't give too good of an opinion on it myself yet.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        That is a definite possibility. But I haven't seen the episode yet, so I can't give too good of an opinion on it myself yet.
                        Yeah but we seem to have the same train of thought usually.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i believe he was fully recharging himself up or praying
                          sigpic

Comment

I think he was just deciding if he could trust them or not.

Comment

He did just come out of a sleep the was 1000s of years long...couldn't he still just be waking up?
                              McKay:...ZedPM
                              O'Neill: Zed?
                              Jackson: He's Canadian
                              O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X