Maybe they can't kill one without killing the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they can't kill one without killing the other

Ok, so has anyone ever wondered why Adria doesn't just make a Sangraal herself? I mean, how hard can it be? She's apparentely Orici, a being designed to hold at least a great part of the collective knowledge of the Ori. Not only that, she's probably also in direct contact with the Ori somehow.

Heck, how hard would it be for the Ori to just churn out a Sangraal of their own and send it to the Milky Way and have Adria or whoever activate it? Presto, Ancients Begone.

Some people brought forth the hypothesis that maybe the Sangraal will actually cancel/kill/whatever all Ascended beings everywhere which would be why the Ancients were so against its creation (or they might just not have wanted mortals to possess such a powerful weapon).

Maybe there's something to this? That or Adria and the Ori are too stupid for their own good.

Well...
    A) being ascended doesn't give you access to unlimited information. You still have to earn what you know, it just makes it easier basically, and gives you more ways to learn that information. You still have to have the desire and mindset of a more scientific bent. I.e. even after ascending, I'm betting the Ori are more focused on the religious aspects of ascension and being a god than learning more about science and the nature of the universe.
    B) the Ancients were of a more scientific bent than the Ori. The Ori have been busy with religion these last 50 million or so years while the Ancients focused on maximizing their science and technology.
    C) Merlin appears to be one of more advanced ancients from a learning perspective. So that would give him a further head start.

In other words, no, I don't think the Ori or Adria have the scientific knowledge and understanding to build such a device. Only one of the Ancients did possibly and, as noted, I think an ascended Ancient is going to understand far more about science and technology than pretty much any Ori. Indeed, Adria doesn't seem all that advanced at all scientifically.

Comment

Id have to agree with Avatar28 on this. Im sure it wouldnt be that easy just to build another sangraal.

I do agree that the sangraal will cancel out all ascended beings though. In quest pt1 adria says that she
      Spoiler:
      was sent to destroy the sangraal
      . If it could be aimed (for lack of a better word) at a certain group of ascended beings wouldnt she use it on the alterans (ancients) as soon as she found it.
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

There could be a darker side to the Sangral , what if it isnt used to actually wipe out The Ori but their source of power. Just maybe it is supposed to kill un ascended Humans!
        If you take away the source of Ori power (followers) than they are powerless!
        Merlin may have decided this was the only way to destroy the Ori, destroy their followers...and then begin a re-evolution of life after the Ori problem have gone away to find other gullable galaxies to brainwash.
        We know that the ancients can evolve life on any world that they like at any time.
        The Ori are only interested in populated galaxies. The knew about milky way, but didnt come here: Why? because they thought it was lifeless?So they didnt bother,(it was kept secret from the Ori that the milky way had become re-evolved and repopulated again in the last 10,000 years!)
        The sangral may have been uses once before in our galaxy, to wipe out life in the milky way,(The great plague?) that would explain why the ancients left Earth and the milky way, and would also explain why we are the 2nd/3rd evolution. We did have earlier evolution in our galaxy but was wiped out to get rid of the Ori problem!

These are just some debatable thoughts of mine, and not to be taken as my final opinion....
        "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
        I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
        They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

Something just hit me. Merlin used that cloak to keep hs work secret. So Acended beings could not see him but that might mean the acended beings can't reach the knowledge of the device after all he was in another D.

So the Ori don't have acess to it either.
          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
          new enemy of the Ori
          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by paulanthony View Post
            There could be a darker side to the Sangral , what if it isnt used to actually wipe out The Ori but their source of power. Just maybe it is supposed to kill un ascended Humans!
            If you take away the source of Ori power (followers) than they are powerless!
            Merlin may have decided this was the only way to destroy the Ori, destroy their followers...and then begin a re-evolution of life after the Ori problem have gone away to find other gullable galaxies to brainwash.
            We know that the ancients can evolve life on any world that they like at any time.
            No, that would be stupid. Because the Ori could always seed new life. If un-Ascended Ancients could, so can Ascended Ori.

Besides, their worshippers aren't the source of their power. It's a source of their power. They won't be rendered powerless and drop lies just because their power sources are destroyed.

Comment

well, the Ancients are more of a scientific group and the Ori are more of a religions group. so it wouldnt be too far off to say that the Ori werent quite to the scientific level of the Ancients and so, they dont know how to make an anti-ascended weapon.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                well, the Ancients are more of a scientific group and the Ori are more of a religions group. so it wouldnt be too far off to say that the Ori werent quite to the scientific level of the Ancients and so, they dont know how to make an anti-ascended weapon.
                Science and Religion were their beliefs, you know like big bang vs Adam and eve, that would not hinder their technological advancement. Just because you believe in something more spiritual does not have to affect how you progress, you can still split an atom, create a wormhole etc etc and believe in a higher power.

I think FallenAngel has hit the mark with this one, it seems so logical as to why the ancients where so opposed to it and their strict rules on the different plains of existance. They don't like teaching people to ascend, why? Because it'll give them access to knowledge that could potentially threaten their existance.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  No, that would be stupid. Because the Ori could always seed new life. If un-Ascended Ancients could, so can Ascended Ori.

Besides, their worshippers aren't the source of their power. It's a source of their power. They won't be rendered powerless and drop lies just because their power sources are destroyed.

No they can't.If they can seed new life, they would done so.And Joe Mallozi said, that the Ori don't have a power to simply create human beings
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Science and Religion were their beliefs, you know like big bang vs Adam and eve, that would not hinder their technological advancement. Just because you believe in something more spiritual does not have to affect how you progress, you can still split an atom, create a wormhole etc etc and believe in a higher power.

I think FallenAngel has hit the mark with this one, it seems so logical as to why the ancients where so opposed to it and their strict rules on the different plains of existance. They don't like teaching people to ascend, why? Because it'll give them access to knowledge that could potentially threaten their existance.
                    If one group devotes their lives to persuing religion and one to persuing science and tech, you are going to say that they both are on the equal plan of tech and religion?

Let's put this in simpler terms. Say you have one person that devotes their life to playing basketball and another that is devoted to playing baseball. are you going to say that both those would be on equal level of skill for the other person's sport? no. now they may be able to play the other sport but not to the level of the person that devoted their entire life to mastering their sport.

it would be equally inconceivable to think that the Ancients would be on the same level of religious advancement too.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      No they can't.If they can seed new life, they would done so.And Joe Mallozi said, that the Ori don't have a power to simply create human beings
                      That would seem to confirm my theory that they arent as technologically advanced as the Ancients.

Like you said, if they HAD the technology to seed life, like the Ancients do, they could just make a whole solar system of humans and raise them to believe that they are the all powerful.

Comment

That would seem to confirm my theory that they arent as technologically advanced as the Ancients.

Like you said, if they HAD the technology to seed life, like the Ancients do, they could just make a whole solar system of humans and raise them to believe that they are the all powerful.
                        exactly.Why bother with conquering a galaxies instead of creating planets full of humans to worship them
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

If one group devotes their lives to persuing religion and one to persuing science and tech, you are going to say that they both are on the equal plan of tech and religion?

Let's put this in simpler terms. Say you have one person that devotes their life to playing basketball and another that is devoted to playing baseball. are you going to say that both those would be on equal level of skill for the other person's sport? no. now they may be able to play the other sport but not to the level of the person that devoted their entire life to mastering their sport.

it would be equally inconceivable to think that the Ancients would be on the same level of religious advancement too.
                          You didn't get what I was saying, like I said it was something like the big bang vs adam and eve, the ancients believe in the big bang and progress, the Ori believe in Adam and Eve yet still progress, you can believe in a spiritual means and still advance.

Comment

Perhaps Kvasir was wrong about energy derived from subspace being used to cancel out the energies of ascended beings. Perhaps it uses energy already on the ascended plane to cancel out ascended beings... as in it forces the Ori and Ancients into directly conflict with each other... Oma-Anubis style. 1st SG1 movie ends with Ancients and Ori gone, though maybe they could somehow find a way to return someday.

Comment

My interpretation is that us as humans are on a "neutral" plain of existence.

Please excuse this rather crude anology of mine coming up below, but this is how I make sense of the whole sangraal (meaning bloodline) and "bloodstone" thing .

We are on a neutal plain of existence (Neutral PH)
                              ABOVE our plain of existence there are 7 good dimensions of Ascension to Ancients. (Acidic)
                              BELOW our plain of existence there are 7 bad dimensions of Descension to the Ori. (Alkaline)
                              (I'm not saying there are seven plains the number just works for my analogy)

...........14...13...12...11...10...9...8.............7.....6...5...4...3...2... 1...0.......
                              Ori...............................................Humans........................ ........Ancients
                              Alkaline.........................................Neutral........................ ............Acidic

The sangraal can be adapted depending on which kind of being you want to wipe out.
                              The bloodstone is literally what says you get the blood of the being you want to wipe out, program it into the sangraal weapon (bloodline destroyer) and hit enter.
                              Hey presto, it sends alkaline to the ancients sub space dimension or acid to the Ori subspace dimension. Enemy neutralized!!
                              Hence why the weapon would prove fatal if the Ori get hold of it. It doesnt kill all ascended beings just those at one point on the scale! (one region of sub space)

Please excuse this crude PH scale anlogy that i have used, but that is how i see the whole set up of it working...in my opinion...(...awaiting rude sarcastic remarks from u-know-who)
                              "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
                              I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
                              They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

Working...
                              X