Harcesis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harcesis...

Couldn't the Harcesis still hold some valuable means of technology that could help put up more of a fight against the Ori?

I know that he is ascended and can't interfere, but what if he was able to walk the line and give up some stuff with out breaking the laws of the ascended rule book (if there is one).
    sigpic

Why the harcesis? If he could give us some info so could any other ascended being...

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
      Couldn't the Harcesis still hold some valuable means of technology that could help put up more of a fight against the Ori?

I know that he is ascended and can't interfere, but what if he was able to walk the line and give up some stuff with out breaking the laws of the ascended rule book (if there is one).
      Shifu's Harcesis knowledge would be of Goa'uld technology. The Ori are far more advanced than they were and, even if he has obtained Ancient knowledge since we saw him last, it is unlikely that he would be allowed to share it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        Shifu's Harcesis knowledge would be of Goa'uld technology. The Ori are far more advanced than they were and, even if he has obtained Ancient knowledge since we saw him last, it is unlikely that he would be allowed to share it.
        He might anyway with his connection to Daniel.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The idea is that all Shifu's Goa'uld knowedge is corporeal in nature, and therefore just like Anubis he's allowed to utilize it freely.

However, never having known the Ori, or the Tau'ri for that matter, I doubt he's have enough interest. He was basically raised for no other purpose than ascension.

Comment

Although he does have the knowledge of the Goa'uld, you have to remember that the only way to win is to deny the battle. There is nothing to suggest he even knows the Goa'uld knowledge, and knowing it could turn him into the next Anubis would be a bad idea if it drives him nuts.

Although I could see him being willing to help, he's lived with Oma for his entire life so he knows about walking that fine line, but I don't think he'd do something like that as even Oma knew what lines not to cross.

sigpic

Comment

True. I posted a very long but good idea about the end of the show. Check it out in the sticky thread and see what you think.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                The idea is that all Shifu's Goa'uld knowedge is corporeal in nature, and therefore just like Anubis he's allowed to utilize it freely.

However, never having known the Ori, or the Tau'ri for that matter, I doubt he's have enough interest. He was basically raised for no other purpose than ascension.
                i think your abit wrong there, he was rasied so that when he was at a right age aphosis could use him as a host to gain that ulitamte gouald knowledge since no goualds were allowed to mate with each other in their host
                sigpic

Comment

Shifu's knowledge of Goa'Uld tech is soooooo 2006

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    i think your abit wrong there, he was rasied so that when he was at a right age aphosis could use him as a host to gain that ulitamte gouald knowledge since no goualds were allowed to mate with each other in their host
                    but apophis didnt raise him. Oma did. That is what he was born for but not raised for.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

well if a person can hold onto knowledge that they gained during their lifetime, could an ancient take human form and help battle the ori, with only the ancient knowledge, I am sure he could help atlantis in getting some z.p.m. s or build uber weapons to counter the ori, is this allowed or not since he is not ascended anymore and using his knowledge of ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Boesman View Post
                        well if a person can hold onto knowledge that they gained during their lifetime, could an ancient take human form and help battle the ori, with only the ancient knowledge, I am sure he could help atlantis in getting some z.p.m. s or build uber weapons to counter the ori, is this allowed or not since he is not ascended anymore and using his knowledge of ancient tech.
                        That's already been done, and he ended up with the body of a 12 year old the mental power of a turnip. We got help in season 9 from Orlin and he was unable to keep hold of his knowledge despite the fact he was an ancient. You think an ancient would take Lantean form, but they don't. Instead they take human form and the knowledge just oozes out their ears.

Only person to ever get away with doing what you suggest has been Merlin, and we've yet to see what happened to him because he was stated to have been violating the rules when he did it since he was using both Ancient and Ascended knowledge.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          That's already been done, and he ended up with the body of a 12 year old the mental power of a turnip. We got help in season 9 from Orlin and he was unable to keep hold of his knowledge despite the fact he was an ancient. You think an ancient would take Lantean form, but they don't. Instead they take human form and the knowledge just oozes out their ears.

Only person to ever get away with doing what you suggest has been Merlin, and we've yet to see what happened to him because he was stated to have been violating the rules when he did it since he was using both Ancient and Ascended knowledge.
                          Orlin was not a Anceint after all he called the Ancients the others. Merlin decended with the Knowledge of the Acended which lived a while which would pronley mean an Anceint can handle the knowledge a whole lot more then a human and the Head suckers were designed for the Ancients and the knowledge kills a human. So an Ancients can handle the knowlege.

And I doubt if a Unas was to Acended(doubt that it will happen) that if he decended he would become a human.

And Ancinets brain as well as DNA is more complex then ours
                          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                          new enemy of the Ori
                          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

It's never been stated either way if Orlin was an ancient or not, however his knowledge of Alteran and Orii history would be a good sign that he was in fact an Ancient. Ascending doesn't make you all knowing afterall, and it's unlikely that he'd learn how to make an Ancient weapon or Ancient history since he didn't seem to have a reason.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              It's never been stated either way if Orlin was an ancient or not, however his knowledge of Alteran and Orii history would be a good sign that he was in fact an Ancient. Ascending doesn't make you all knowing afterall, and it's unlikely that he'd learn how to make an Ancient weapon or Ancient history since he didn't seem to have a reason.
                              Good point
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X