Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, anyone else really excited about this movie? Legend has it that the battle these 300 Spartans gave the Persian invading forces is the reason democracy was created when the Greeks unified to defeat the Persians. Add that to the flavor and beauty of Frank Miller's graphic novel which takes the road of fantasy with the use of trolls and goblins among other things instead of purely historical accuracy, and you got one awesome movie!

Trailer:
    http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...tw=480&qth=300

More info:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300....PhM7yJXq9fVXcA
    "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Sounds awesome. Should be a good action movie. Spartans rock
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

This movie looks fantastic- can't wait to see it!

I read somewhere that if this movie turned out/did well, that the director would probably be given the green light to do Watchmen- anyone know if this is accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        This movie looks fantastic- can't wait to see it!

I read somewhere that if this movie turned out/did well, that the director would probably be given the green light to do Watchmen- anyone know if this is accurate?
        oh god, please let Watchmen never be made.

there is no way a film can do that series justice. if it must be made, send it to HBO like Preacher.

as for this, seems like just another cgi army fest...such as LOTR, Troy and whatnot.

i love Frank Miller, but this movie appeals to me not at all.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
          as for this, seems like just another cgi army fest...such as LOTR, Troy and whatnot.

i love Frank Miller, but this movie appeals to me not at all.
          Yes, there is a lot of cgi, but it really gives the scenery a great comic book look. As for the army fest, well the story is of a massive battle so its pretty impractical to get thousands of extras when you can just use the computer To each his or her own.
          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire View Post
            Yes, there is a lot of cgi, but it really gives the scenery a great comic book look. As for the army fest, well the story is of a massive battle so its pretty impractical to get thousands of extras when you can just use the computer To each his or her own.
            Yah..i know...it's just a bit of bad timing, as far as i'm concerned. If there hadn't been so many mega-army movies in the past couple years, it might have more appeal to me.

Under normal circumstances Frank Miller alone would have me AIS, but...this will be a wife choice I suspect. If she wants to see it, we'll see it.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Hmmm, I'm definitely interested in this one. The trailer is simply breathtaking.
              Last edited by the fifth man; 05 January 2007, 06:58 PM.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm greatly anticipating this movie. I loved Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, it's one of my favourite action and horror movies. This looks like being an awesome movie.
                "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

The film looks gorgeous, love the trailer and the use of the Nine Inch Nail song. Plus the added bonus of Gerad Butler and David Wenham. I wonder how much the film is going to spend on the homefront with his queen while the army is away.

I don't think this will be much like Kingdom of Heaven or Troy.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait to hear more about this movie.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X