The Ori Not That Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori Not That Smart

well in some ways they are smart but now that they are sending in ships and priors to the milkyway they nearly unstopable because the ori want to kill the ancients.

adria has found about the weapon that kills asended beings and im guessing the ori know and so they sent adria to destroy it.

why cant the ori make one since merlin used asended knowledge to make one
    all they have to do is give it to adria or a prior,turn it on in the milky way and then Bam!! asended beings being killed.

its alot faster than waiting for their worshippers to slowly give up their free will and find out that most of them wont even asend for the ori to take their power
    sigpic

The device doesn't actually destroy ascended beings I don't think, it is just supposed to 'neutralise' them. My understanding is that it has to be activated to 'cancel out' ascended beings, once you turn it off I imagine they would be 'back'.

Comment

I thought that Merlin still needed a lot of developement on the weapon even though he had ascended knowledge, so it may take the Ori a while to sort something like this out but im sure they are also too egotistical to thing about things like tht

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        well in some ways they are smart but now that they are sending in ships and priors to the milkyway they nearly unstopable because the ori want to kill the ancients.

adria has found about the weapon that kills asended beings and im guessing the ori know and so they sent adria to destroy it.

why cant the ori make one since merlin used asended knowledge to make one
        all they have to do is give it to adria or a prior,turn it on in the milky way and then Bam!! asended beings being killed.

its alot faster than waiting for their worshippers to slowly give up their free will and find out that most of them wont even asend for the ori to take their power
        see the hole the writers dug themseleves into with using an enemy that is too powerful and based on pure energy.

To bad the Ori weren't evil living Ancients. Ones that used the technology to enslave people and other races. The problem with ascension is it makes them out to be actual god like beings--with god like powers.

If the Ori were living people that sought enslavement instead of unlimited and apparently useless knowledge--they would have so much more personality.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          see the hole the writers dug themseleves into with using an enemy that is too powerful and based on pure energy.

To bad the Ori weren't evil living Ancients. Ones that used the technology to enslave people and other races. The problem with ascension is it makes them out to be actual god like beings--with god like powers.

If the Ori were living people that sought enslavement instead of unlimited and apparently useless knowledge--they would have so much more personality.
          i agrre with you, if we had the ori has a human enemy rather than asended being we never met then that would be great
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            The device doesn't actually destroy ascended beings I don't think, it is just supposed to 'neutralise' them. My understanding is that it has to be activated to 'cancel out' ascended beings, once you turn it off I imagine they would be 'back'.
            anyways accended people cant be distroyed it would go against the law of physics accended people are pure energy right and energy cannot be distryed it can only be transferred into different forms
            sigpic
            Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

gotta disagree with this, that would just make them a goa'uld clone though on a higher level of technology. The show needed an enemy totally different, a different angle, the Ori provided this successfully, they are an enemy with a totally different feel to all other enemies because they are so powerful.

On the subject of the device, I think even if the Ori had it they'd never use it, just hold onto it so the ancients can't use it on them. The reason I say this is because the method the Ori are using to gain the power is by forcing people to worship them, taking away the one thing the ancients pride themselves on giving people, free will. It's more of a dig at the ancients to affect something they believe in whilst gaining the power to destroy them, rather than just pointing a device at them.

Comment

ok lets say the ori have 'got rid/destroyed/whatever

what would they do next???

what do we do now that the evill has been banished

ori: i dunno
                sigpic

Comment

The weapon cancels them by sending a wave of energy that counteracts the ancients.

Basically, a domino. Put have it standing up on a table. The Domino standing up is the Ancients life as Ascended Beings, their existance, ect. Now take a pillow, which represents the Sangraal. Throw the pillow at the domino. The domino falls over. The ancients are dead. No longer in existance.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

If I throw a pillow at a domino wether it's knocked over or what, it's still in existence. I think that since it has been stated that the weapon 'cancels out' ascended beings, that implies they are not dead, just neutralised, much like oma and anubus are I expect...

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                      anyways accended people cant be distroyed it would go against the law of physics accended people are pure energy right and energy cannot be distryed it can only be transferred into different forms
                      So does traveling faster than the speed of light. So does having your body dematerialized by a ring that creates a stable wormhole to another ring many light years away that then rematerializes you.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

well aren't they getting power from their worshipers? they're converting everyone because they want everyone in the milky way to worship them. destroying the ancients is the prime directive, yes, but ever since the Dakara "weapon" was destroyed they have no way to reseed life in this galaxy, so they're trying to convert rather than just destroying all opposition.

Comment

here another qeustion

how are the ori gonna get the power they need from the worshippers on the milkyway galaxy without interfering the ancients ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                            So does traveling faster than the speed of light. So does having your body dematerialized by a ring that creates a stable wormhole to another ring many light years away that then rematerializes you.
                            Yes it does, good job that never happens in Stargate.

Comment

I am smart!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                              X