Am I the only one who likes Dr.Lam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who likes Dr.Lam?

I see alot of posters who hate Dr. LAm and are comparing the Jewel situation to this and I really think it's unfair. I too was leary about another Dr after Fraiser but I really like Dr Lam and truly miss her in season 10 and am looking forward to seeing her again. Also I gave her a chance and loved her, so I think we owe JS the same respect. At least I know I'll give her the same chance I gave Lexa.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I see alot of posters who hate Dr. LAm and are comparing the Jewel situation to this and I really think it's unfair. I too was leary about another Dr after Fraiser but I really like Dr Lam and truly miss her in season 10 and am looking forward to seeing her again. Also I gave her a chance and loved her, so I think we owe JS the same respect. At least I know I'll give her the same chance I gave Lexa.
    It is unfair to them but it is also unfair to the fans for tptb to kill off or make disappear fan favorite characters, especially if the actor themselves did not want to leave the show and it is all to enhance a storyline. The only way fans really can show how they feel is to be vocal about it. Sci-fi fans seem to build a real loyality to their favorite characters.
    I like Dr. Lam. I love the conflict between her and her dad, given time I think the conflict could have been a great one on the show, not enough time is given to develop it. Though I do think it is a mistake for them to have Dr. Lam wearing shirts showing cleavage which most likely would not be accepted in the real world.
    Spoiler:
    I think Jewel is going into an even more difficult situation then Dr. Lam in that the tptb really underestimated Carson's popularity with the fans. Jewel would be a great character working along side Carson, not replacing him. I would love to see the conflict between sweet loving Carson and a genius superkid. And if Jewel would have been brought in before Carson situtation happens, fans might be more tolerant, though still very upset. I will give Jewel a chance because I enjoy SGA and I think she is a great actress but I can really truely understand why fans want and need to express their frustration and anger.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      It is unfair to them but it is also unfair to the fans for tptb to kill off or make disappear fan favorite characters, especially if the actor themselves did not want to leave the show and it is all to enhance a storyline. The only way fans really can show how they feel is to be vocal about it. Sci-fi fans seem to build a real loyality to their favorite characters.
      I like Dr. Lam. I love the conflict between her and her dad, given time I think the conflict could have been a great one on the show, not enough time is given to develop it. Though I do think it is a mistake for them to have Dr. Lam wearing shirts showing cleavage which most likely would not be accepted in the real world.
      Spoiler:
      I think Jewel is going into an even more difficult situation then Dr. Lam in that the tptb really underestimated Carson's popularity with the fans. Jewel would be a great character working along side Carson, not replacing him. I would love to see the conflict between sweet loving Carson and a genius superkid. And if Jewel would have been brought in before Carson situtation happens, fans might be more tolerant, though still very upset. I will give Jewel a chance because I enjoy SGA and I think she is a great actress but I can really truely understand why fans want and need to express their frustration and anger.
      All great points and I agree. Also I agree the chemistry between Carson and Jewel would be great but I also see this. If she is more ego ceeentric than Rodney I can see great scenes between her and Zalenka and even Weir and Carter. I too am giving her a chance for the same reason you are. Also I am interested to see what they do between Lam and Landry in "Family Ties".

Comment

I like Dr. Lam. I can't wait to see her return in the second half of Season 10.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wouldn't say i hated her, but i wouldn't say i liked her either...truthfully i'd prefer Fraiser, Dr Lam is ok, she's definitely not my favourite character...she can be a little too icy...(if that makes sense)
          sigpic

Comment

I just found the character quite bland and dull, she didn't really add anything to the show imo and felt the scenes with her weren't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              I just found the character quite bland and dull, she didn't really add anything to the show imo and felt the scenes with her weren't needed.
              Agreed, she was 1 dimensional and was clearly not planned out very well.

Just to clarify a misconception made by the first poster, people can respect an actor and not like the character at the same time. Personally I haven't given Jewel's coming to SGA much thought, because I know, if given good material to work with, she'll be great.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I like Dr. Lam. She seems like a competent replacement for Dr. Frasier (who I also miss, but I'm not going to let liking the old character spoil my enjoyment of their replacement).

And apparently Michael Shanks likes her.
                Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Sorry, but I think the role could have been cast better. I don't dislike her, as an actress, I just think a different actor or actress would have been a better choice as a replacement for Doc Frasier. Unfortunately, Janet is unreplaceable.

As for JS, I admire her as a actress, but again feel she is a poor choice for the new
                  Spoiler:
                  doc on Atlantis.
                  . Just my poor opinion.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Nope. I like Dr Lam character very much, Lexa did great job in season 9 and I'm looking forward to season 10 episodes when she comes back.
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      Ditto. This is one spot where I feel they could have saved some money. IMO, she brought nothing at all to the show other than having a good looking woman there.

Comment

I’ve enjoyed both the character and the portrayal by the actress. I think it helped that they didn’t bring in the new character a week after we lost a fan favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I was never a die-hard fan of Doc. Frasier, though I liked her, but I was glad when she died, not because she died, but because after seven years someone died (and stayed dead).

I liked the relationship between Lam and Landrey- I think that was played really well from the start, and it's too bad that personal circumstances have kept Lexa from being on the show more often- it would have been nice to see more of that dynamic, however I very much look forward to her return. Though I must agree about her wearing too many shirts that show cleavage.

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                          Just to clarify a misconception made by the first poster, people can respect an actor and not like the character at the same time. Personally I haven't given Jewel's coming to SGA much thought, because I know, if given good material to work with, she'll be great.
                          Agreed- Jewel is a great and very likable actress, I really look forward to seeing her on Atlantis, eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            I was never a die-hard fan of Doc. Frasier, though I liked her, but I was glad when she died, not because she died, but because after seven years someone died (and stayed dead).

I liked the relationship between Lam and Landrey- I think that was played really well from the start, and it's too bad that personal circumstances have kept Lexa from being on the show more often- it would have been nice to see more of that dynamic, however I very much look forward to her return. Though I must agree about her wearing too many shirts that show cleavage.

Agreed- Jewel is a great and very likable actress, I really look forward to seeing her on Atlantis, eventually.
                            But I like cleavage! Just kidding my wife smacks me each time I think about another woman. I must confess far to many woman on television show too much skin. Cleavage or otherwise. Still I agree with all your points.

Comment

I don't mind Lam. She hasn't really been in a lot of episodes yet. Frasier has seven seasons to develop. Lam has had one and a half, if that, for the character to do anything. So far, we already know more about Lam than we did about Fraiser after the same number of episodes.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X