This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Brust

Just wondering if anyone else here is a fan of his books. I love his Dragaera novels (especially the Vlad Taltos series) and his other novel that I've read is also great. I need to get my hands on more of his books

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Brust

Tor has a sample chapter of one of the Taltos books here: http://www.tor.com/sampleissola.html
    Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

I love the Vlad Taltos books, just finished Taltos, the best one yet in my opinion.

Comment

I loved his Taltos books back in the day, but I haven't picked one up in years.

Loved 'To Reign in Hell' as well.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I've read a few of his books, here and there. I actually own "The Book of Jhereg" (3 of his books in one, though I'll be darned if I can remember off the top of my head which 3), and I've read a few others. Mostly they're pretty good, although I would like to try and read them in some semblance of order. I hate reading a series out of order, I think it loses something.
        sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

I've been buying the books in those 3 book collections, too. They look so much nicer than the regular paperbacks. I can't wait to add the latest ones to my little collection.

He also lists the books in both their publishing order and in their chronological order in introduction to the Book of Taltos, Book of Jhereg, and Book of Athyra.

To Reign is a great book. I can't remember the last book I read that affected me as much...especially Leviathan's grief. He makes your heart ache with just a few words.

His "Khaavren Romances" are a trip. I snickered the whole way through the series.
          Spoiler:
          At least until the very end, when he killed Tazendra and Aerich--my two favorite characters. Then I cried.

I just finished Dzur, now I'm craving more Vlad and Loiosh. It's so much fun to ride around in their heads for a few hours
          Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Working...
          X